-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Men's Interview Clothing #4! (2017)
Started by JoJustGotHisScores
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Would any of these be appropriate?
www.jcrew.com
bananarepublic.gap.com
bananarepublic.gap.com
Ludlow Slim-fit Suit Jacket In Italian Cotton Chino For Men | J.Crew
Ludlow Slim-fit suit jacket in Italian cotton chino for men by LUDLOW - Find the best selection available in-stores and online at J.Crew.
Slim Sharkskin Suit Jacket | Banana Republic
Shop Banana Republic's Slim Sharkskin Suit Jacket: Luxuriously soft and smooth, this suit jacket is impeccably tailored for a sleek, slim fit. Cut from a smooth, lightweight wool sharkskin intended for all-season wear from Italy's Marzotto mill, renowned masters of textile innovation., Full...
Standard Italian Wool Suit Jacket | Banana Republic
Shop Banana Republic's Standard Italian Wool Suit Jacket: Clean lines and impeccable tailoring meet our luxuriously smooth and lightweight Italian wool. Woven by masters of textile innovation at Italy's Marzotto mill, this suit jacket allows for all-season wear and its exquisite craftsmanship...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would any of these be appropriate?
![]()
Ludlow Slim-fit Suit Jacket In Italian Cotton Chino For Men | J.Crew
Ludlow Slim-fit suit jacket in Italian cotton chino for men by LUDLOW - Find the best selection available in-stores and online at J.Crew.www.jcrew.com
Slim Sharkskin Suit Jacket | Banana Republic
Shop Banana Republic's Slim Sharkskin Suit Jacket: Luxuriously soft and smooth, this suit jacket is impeccably tailored for a sleek, slim fit. Cut from a smooth, lightweight wool sharkskin intended for all-season wear from Italy's Marzotto mill, renowned masters of textile innovation., Full...bananarepublic.gap.com
Standard Italian Wool Suit Jacket | Banana Republic
Shop Banana Republic's Standard Italian Wool Suit Jacket: Clean lines and impeccable tailoring meet our luxuriously smooth and lightweight Italian wool. Woven by masters of textile innovation at Italy's Marzotto mill, this suit jacket allows for all-season wear and its exquisite craftsmanship...bananarepublic.gap.com
I'd pass on the sharkskin. The others look fine
Would shoes like these be okay? Or is the stitching pattern something to avoid?
www.josbank.com
Joseph Abboud Wingtip Oxfords - Joseph Abboud | Jos A Bank
Shop for Men's Joseph Abboud Wingtip Oxfords online at JosBank.com. FREE Shipping on orders over $50.
D
deleted1054719
Would shoes like these be okay? Or is the stitching pattern something to avoid?
![]()
Joseph Abboud Wingtip Oxfords - Joseph Abboud | Jos A Bank
Shop for Men's Joseph Abboud Wingtip Oxfords online at JosBank.com. FREE Shipping on orders over $50.www.josbank.com
Unless you have an in-person interview, nobody will see your shoes
Unless you have an in-person interview, nobody will see your shoes
If it was in person though, are they fine? Asking if I got rejected from everywhere and had to apply again. I don't want to have to buy shoes twice.
Sorry to bump this up...
I get that conservative is better, solid ties etc but I have seen enough "some individuality and creativity, where appropriate, is welcome" to stand out from the cookie-cutter stuff. I've work this outfit so professional interviews/events many times and I feel very confident and comfortable in it- what's the judgement to wear this to an interview, and maybe a virtual interview? Tie makes it a big no?
Amazon product ASIN B07BFV8H4Ltie, with medium grey suit, white shirt, tie clip, black shoes and belt.
I get the tie is, well, flamboyant but it's my favorite tie lol. just someone let me know if this is a grave mistake. the actual tie isn't as bright as the picture, its fairly dull and muted but it do be green..
I get that conservative is better, solid ties etc but I have seen enough "some individuality and creativity, where appropriate, is welcome" to stand out from the cookie-cutter stuff. I've work this outfit so professional interviews/events many times and I feel very confident and comfortable in it- what's the judgement to wear this to an interview, and maybe a virtual interview? Tie makes it a big no?
Amazon product ASIN B07BFV8H4Ltie, with medium grey suit, white shirt, tie clip, black shoes and belt.
I get the tie is, well, flamboyant but it's my favorite tie lol. just someone let me know if this is a grave mistake. the actual tie isn't as bright as the picture, its fairly dull and muted but it do be green..
D
deleted1054719
I've never seen anyone at any of the interviews I've attended with a tie that color. I would personally not wear that to a high stakes interview. Personalization and creativity is usually reserved for the socks in my experience.Sorry to bump this up...
I get that conservative is better, solid ties etc but I have seen enough "some individuality and creativity, where appropriate, is welcome" to stand out from the cookie-cutter stuff. I've work this outfit so professional interviews/events many times and I feel very confident and comfortable in it- what's the judgement to wear this to an interview, and maybe a virtual interview? Tie makes it a big no?
Amazon product ASIN B07BFV8H4Ltie, with medium grey suit, white shirt, tie clip, black shoes and belt.
I get the tie is, well, flamboyant but it's my favorite tie lol. just someone let me know if this is a grave mistake. the actual tie isn't as bright as the picture, its fairly dull and muted but it do be green..
Sorry to bump this up...
I get that conservative is better, solid ties etc but I have seen enough "some individuality and creativity, where appropriate, is welcome" to stand out from the cookie-cutter stuff. I've work this outfit so professional interviews/events many times and I feel very confident and comfortable in it- what's the judgement to wear this to an interview, and maybe a virtual interview? Tie makes it a big no?
Amazon product ASIN B07BFV8H4Ltie, with medium grey suit, white shirt, tie clip, black shoes and belt.
I get the tie is, well, flamboyant but it's my favorite tie lol. just someone let me know if this is a grave mistake. the actual tie isn't as bright as the picture, its fairly dull and muted but it do be green..
Yeah I wouldn't wear that
Okay rip the tieYeah I wouldn't wear that
How about everything else the same, dark blue simple tie?
Okay rip the tie
How about everything else the same, dark blue simple tie?
Everything else you described sounds fine. I'm not a tie clip guy but no one's going to pick on that
No to the tie.