• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Mention Last Year's Interview in Update/Interest/Intent Letter??

PBMaxx

MS4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
  1. Medical Student
    I applied to School X last year and was given an interview for a waitlist spot (I applied REALLY late). About a month after being rejected, I began this year's cycle and re-applied much earlier. I am planning on writing a pre-interview letter of update/interest/intent (maybe) this week.

My question (finally)...

Do I: (a) come right out and mention my interview last year directly, (b) indirectly mention it by saying something like "I enjoyed my first visit to your school..." or (c) forget last year ever happened?

Flame away....

TTFN

PBM

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
    Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    Dec 20, 2004
    1. Attending Physician
      PBMaxx said:
      I applied to School X last year and was given an interview for a waitlist spot (I applied REALLY late). About a month after being rejected, I began this year's cycle and re-applied much earlier. I am planning on writing a pre-interview letter of update/interest/intent (maybe) this week.

My question (finally)...

Do I: (a) come right out and mention my interview last year directly, (b) indirectly mention it by saying something like "I enjoyed my first visit to your school..." or (c) forget last year ever happened?

Flame away....

TTFN

PBM

It says right in your application that you are a reapplicant, right? If so, I would go with either (a) or (b).

About the Ads

PBMaxx

MS4
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Aug 26, 2004
      Illinois
      1. Medical Student
        Law2Doc said:
        It says right in your application that you are a reapplicant, right? If so, I would go with either (a) or (b).

Yeah they know I am a reapplicant. My major concern is that this letter would be pre-interview for this cycle.

You and Art make good points, thank you both.

sdnstud

1K Member
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Jul 29, 2003
          I wrote a similar letter to UIC pre-interview. In the letter, I made it very clear that I interviewed at UIC before and that I loved the school. I also mentioned that I talked with the admissions dean regarding my application after I was rejected last year. I wrote another paragraph on what I have improve on and how those improvements have made me a stronger applicant. i'd be more than happy to send my letter to you via PM if you're interested. Let me know.

Oh...I got an interview offer two weeks after I submitted my letter.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.