Mention Sorority?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TigerLilies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you mention being in a sorority as an extracurricular?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I definately am. It took so much of my time, as an active member and as an alumni advisor.

Can you mention being in a sorority as an extracurricular?

thanks

I put it in the activities section of my AMCAS because I held a position...

scholarship chair :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I put it in the activities section of my AMCAS because I held a position...

scholarship chair :laugh:

haha yeah i should try for some position like "social activities coordinator" or something lol

Definatly if you held a position.

Even if not, I'd still mention it. Just keep it brief. The fact of the matter is, it was an EC, one you probably spent a lot of time with. It speaks to who you are and what you did. It tells the Adcom you didn't spend your whole undergrad crammed in the library studying... sometimes they might arrange it so you might even get interviewed by a member of the same Sorority. This could be an ice breaker.

(this goes for Fraternities too)

Just wondering but how many guys did you sororitie girls sleep with? 8 or 9? How many blacks, asians, and hispanics did you girls ride? I am sure the adcoms are thinking the same thing :p

I was in a Fraternity. Does that mean I was nailing sorority girls left and right?

We don't all conform to your stereotypes... Adcom members realize that greek life isn't what you see in the movies.

I was in a Fraternity. Does that mean I was nailing sorority girls left and right?

We don't all conform to your stereotypes... Adcom members realize that greek life isn't what you see in the movies.

It isn't?

Just wondering but how many guys did you sororitie girls sleep with? 8 or 9? How many blacks, asians, and hispanics did you girls ride? I am sure the adcoms are thinking the same thing :p

I actually dated my husband long distance all through college and never cheated on him....so we don't all conform to stereotypes :p

must be the pre-med thing to do if you are in a sorority :laugh:

haha definitely cant just be vice president of taking shots! :laugh: But I think that the position gave me a little something to talk ab when I put the sorority into my AMCAS

no, I am just saying Im not naive enough to believe what many girls say... I had a girl that was sleeping with another guy while I was... that bi*ch.... anyways, I am just trying to be REALISTIC! I know all the games that girls play :D...Trust me! some of the craps that they do are REALLY fuc*ing cruel! I see how girls try to play head games with guys ALL THE TIME!!!!!! :oops: :p :thumbdown:

Yeah I feel you on that one :D

Add me to the list of fellow Greek pre-meds. VP of my frat when I was in college, and definitely talked about it on my app. Made special mention of our philanthropic efforts, community service, and campus leadership. (And the parties ruled, but I neglected to describe those, as well as other colorful anectdotes, in my apps ;) Ah.... the memories)

:thumbup: