teacherman84

10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2008
FL
Status
Attending Physician
I am going to be heading up to Maxwell AFB for MEPS this Friday...is there anything I need to know or be prepared for? From what my recruiter said it is just a physical...no PT test or anything.
Is it a long process? Any info would be great. Thanks

TheGoose

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
if you have the minimum criteria for the HPSP recruiters, they can move forward with the paperwork and physicals and get you accepted to the scholarship. Then all you have to do is have acceptance in hand and you're good to go.

OP
teacherman84

teacherman84

10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2008
FL
Status
Attending Physician
No acceptance yet...but all my paperwork is squared away with the recruiter for HPSP and he is sending me up for MEPS...
Any info?

SketchsaurusRex

conundrum
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2009
The Factory
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I went to MEPS at Maxwell when I enlisted in '07. I dont know if it would be different for you but I had to do the stupid little range of motion tests, drug test, physical, fingerprints and mountains of paper work. The whole process took about 9 hours and 75% of that is spent bored/waiting. Have fun.

OP
teacherman84

teacherman84

10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2008
FL
Status
Attending Physician
Is it the same for officers? A 9 hour day? What time does it begin? I get out of class at 9pm on thursday and will be driving 3 hours to maxwell...so hopefully its not a 5am start.

OP
teacherman84

teacherman84

10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2008
FL
Status
Attending Physician
Also, I was planning on bringing my wife up for the trip...she is 7 mos. pregnant and doesnt feel like staying home alone. Is there anything to do in montgomery that could keep her occupied all day?

Jolie South

is invoking Domo. . .
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Is it the same for officers? A 9 hour day? What time does it begin? I get out of class at 9pm on thursday and will be driving 3 hours to maxwell...so hopefully its not a 5am start.
I would mentally prepare yourself for a long day and an early start. Better off thinking it'll be worse than it actually is.