Mercer DPT 2016/17 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TherapyHopeful2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone apply to Mercer (11/1/16) deadline, and not receive any further emails after the verification one? As I am on here reading, I see that their last interview slot is 1/14. I am obviously not considered for an interview, but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone apply to Mercer (11/1/16) deadline, and not receive any further emails after the verification one? As I am on here reading, I see that their last interview slot is 1/14. I am obviously not considered for an interview, but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else?

They had excellent communication throughout the process with me.

Same with me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an applicant from last year and remember hearing the same thing (where some people were kept informed/had good communication with them and some were not kept in the loop). I'm sorry that's happened you, and it's frustrating as hell. Somewhat irrelevant, but I remember emailed University of North Georgia in December of last year, months after I knew they had their class filled, to ask for my rejection letter. I would still try to reach out to them and at least voice your concerns and get some closure for what's happened during this interview cycle. Best of luck to you two with the rest of the application cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
It's unethical -- the program stringing along applicants to the very last day. But other applicants don't help the situation by paying deposits to multiple programs and who end up not committing to most of those programs very late -- when they get admitted to their #1 school. Stinks all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

@pt2b1701 Out of curiosity, what would you suggest for schools to do, especially with high volumes of applicants? I can see an applicant or two falling through the cracks if they receive lots of applications (not that I condone the practice; I've been on that end of not hearing back from programs until waaaay late).

That's not for me to answer. These programs have smart people, academics, researchers -- the improvements should come from them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Has anyone from the 1/14 interview received a call yet?

Not yet, but they said early February, so hopefully that means within the first week.

Reactions: 1 user