Mercer DPT - 2016 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope. They did say early February, so I believe we'll start hearing back by the end of this week!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. They did say early February, so I believe we'll start hearing back by the end of this week!
Great! I got an acceptance I just really liked Mercer lol

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview and when did you find out?
I interviewed at Brenau and got accepted not Mercer. On Dec 20th. I hope I didn't confuse you lol . I always post something that seems confusing :p

Does anyone know why they take so long for decisions to go out? It's been about 3 weeks and I'm getting anxious

Reactions: 2 users
I know playing the waiting game is no fun, but I think you would have to consider what the professors are up to all day/week. Decisions seem to be made as a committee and working around a lot of the professors' schedules (between teaching in classes/labs/research/clinic) between the hours of 8 to 5. At least for Emory the professors seem to be able to meet at maximum two times a week. Hang in there guys, I know these are some really stressful times, but definitely try to reach out to the director of the program/who you interviewed with. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the admissions decision email. I was waitlisted.

I just got placed on the alternate list as well. Lowkey but highkey surprised...lol
My group and individual interviews went really well.

I just got placed on the alternate list as well. Lowkey but highkey surprised...lol
My group and individual interviews went really well.

Same, though they have fewer spots than most schools. I just replied asking if they are able to release my position on the list. I will update with what they say.

Reactions: 1 users
Same, though they have fewer spots than most schools. I just replied asking if they are able to release my position on the list. I will update with what they say.

Update: They do not disclose positions on the alternate list.

Kind of sucks they don't release it. I'm sure many are in a similar situation: I've already been accepted to a school that begins in May, so I really can't wait past late March for Mercer to get to me, especially if I don't know if I'm like 3rd or 30th from being accepted.

Update: They do not disclose positions on the alternate list.

Kind of sucks they don't release it. I'm sure many are in a similar situation: I've already been accepted to a school that begins in May, so I really can't wait past late March for Mercer to get to me, especially if I don't know if I'm like 3rd or 30th from being accepted.
Exactly. I'm pretty satisfied with my Emory acceptance and this pretty much seals the deal for me.

I'm on the waitlist as well. Mercer is my top choice but I have been accepted to another school so I guess I'll stick it out for a while.

For those who were accepted—when is the deposit deadline?

I'm on the waitlist as well. Mercer is my top choice but I have been accepted to another school so I guess I'll stick it out for a while.

Same

With Emory releasing acceptances at this point in time, I'm sure people are finalizing where they'll go to school. I certainly had take some time to choose between Emory and Mercer and ended up at the former. I would think there's a good opportunity for movement on the list so hang in there guys, and until someone chimes in on the deposit deadline, best of luck to you all!

Did they also send out rejection emails today?

I was accepted off the waitlist today! The deposit deadline is February 14, so there should be some movement next week. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted off the waitlist today! The deposit deadline is February 14, so there should be some movement next week. Best of luck!
Wow how did you hear back so soon? You must have been at the top of the list!

Has anyone gotten an update? I'm wondering if they over accept their cohort or if they do a type of rolling admission for their waitlist