You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mercer University 2011 App Cycle
Started by SarahLorraine
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to you all! I can't believe I have to wait at least another two months! The wait is killing me!
Why would you have to wait that long?
My first PCAT will be OCT 16th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
BelleMD2B
Does anyone know chances of getting accepted once you've secured an interview? Mercer is actually my top choice - I would cancel all other interviews if I got accepted there...I interview next Friday.
BelleMD2BDoes anyone know chances of getting accepted once you've secured an interview? Mercer is actually my top choice - I would cancel all other interviews if I got accepted there...I interview next Friday.
I went to an info session in Sep, they said they interviewed 480 ish people last year and 'accepted' 300, so I guess you have about a 62.5% chance of being accepted once you get an interview, but I would suspect that that number is probably higher if you get an interview this early (I hope so anyways😀) Good Luck!
pls does anyone have an idea of when the group that interviewed at mercer on Oct. 15th would hear from them

pls does anyone have an idea of when the group that interviewed at mercer on Oct. 15th would hear from them![]()
Hey favoredchild 🙂
They have an interview scheduled for this Friday, and will meet sometime next week to make decisions for Oct. 15th and Oct 22nd groups. So, I assume they will have contacted us by the end of next week regarding their decision.
Hey favoredchild 🙂
They have an interview scheduled for this Friday, and will meet sometime next week to make decisions for Oct. 15th and Oct 22nd groups. So, I assume they will have contacted us by the end of next week regarding their decision.
Hello met17
Thank you, hope we both get accepted!
Got my interview invitation today for the 29th 🙂
me too! see you there!
me too! see you there!
I was actually just accepted into my local school so I declined the interview. Good luck!
B
BelleMD2B
I was actually just accepted into my local school so I declined the interview. Good luck!
Congrats! Well, I guess that makes it a little easier for the rest of us on the 29th! I'm getting anxious. I really, really want to go to Mercer. I'm taking the rest of the week to read pharmacy journals/articles, read interview feedback, and talk to myself in the mirror.
Any other advice?
The admissions panel is meeting this thursday 10/28 to decide on in, hold, or out. They explained that they did not finishing accepting applicants until May for the last class (his words "sometimes there is a better fit for the student after they have committed to Mercer").
Also if you are on "hold" status you will go through the admissions panel each round until a final decision is made.
Very informative interview as you have the opportunity to speak to many students. Interviewed at Belmont on Mon. 10/18 and Mercer Fri. 10/22 they were very different interviews.
Also if you are on "hold" status you will go through the admissions panel each round until a final decision is made.
Very informative interview as you have the opportunity to speak to many students. Interviewed at Belmont on Mon. 10/18 and Mercer Fri. 10/22 they were very different interviews.
The admissions panel is meeting this thursday 10/28 to decide on in, hold, or out. They explained that they did not finishing accepting applicants until May for the last class (his words "sometimes there is a better fit for the student after they have committed to Mercer").
Thanks for letting us know when they are meeting!
Hello met17
Thank you, hope we both get accepted!
Thank you Jesus!!!! I just got my call from mercer. I was accepted😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you Jesus!!!! I just got my call from mercer. I was accepted😍
Congrat! I was accepted too.
I interviewed on Oct 15th.
I received my positive admissions call today as well! I was in the 10/22 group!
Congrat! I was accepted too.
I interviewed on Oct 15th.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🙂
B
BelleMD2B
Anyone else here attend the interview this past Friday? October 29th?
They meet again on 11/11 and I think this will be the longest two weeks of my life.
They meet again on 11/11 and I think this will be the longest two weeks of my life.
I received my positive admissions call today as well! I was in the 10/22 group!
...
Last edited:
i just got my interview email!!
they just gave me date; hopefully they are pretty lenient on changing it
for those that interviewed, i dont know if you can discuss this
but do they ask more situational questions or just the typical, why pharmacy? type
thanks!!!
they just gave me date; hopefully they are pretty lenient on changing it
for those that interviewed, i dont know if you can discuss this
but do they ask more situational questions or just the typical, why pharmacy? type
thanks!!!
YAY! Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! And congratulations also to Shimmee for the interview invitation! Check the interview feedback for a lot of Mercer information!
I'd say I'm 99% sure I will be starting at Mercer next fall...who else is pretty set on Mercer? I feel like I have to somewhat consider UGA if I get accepted...but I LOVED Mercer when I was there. And it's Atlanta!
I'd say I'm 99% sure I will be starting at Mercer next fall...who else is pretty set on Mercer? I feel like I have to somewhat consider UGA if I get accepted...but I LOVED Mercer when I was there. And it's Atlanta!
I was accepted to Mercer as well and am set on attending in the fall
OMGosh!! I am so excited! I can't wait to update my facebook to say Mercer Pharmacy Grad Student or whatever. lol AND I can't wait until we have a FB group for our class! Gah this is exciting!!
Wow, thanks everyone for sharing so much information about the interview process! I received an interview invite on Tuesday (11/2). They scheduled my interview for Friday 11/19 and I'm curious to know if any other Student Doctor Network users will be interviewing then? Get this....11/19 is my birthday 😀!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be there on 11/19 too!
Congrats!! From the discussion on here it sounds like we'll have an opportunity to mingle during the interview and it would be nice to get to know someone beforehand. Send me a PM if you're up for that 👍
Wow, thanks everyone for sharing so much information about the interview process! I received an interview invite on Tuesday (11/2). They scheduled my interview for Friday 11/19 and I'm curious to know if any other Student Doctor Network users will be interviewing then? Get this....11/19 is my birthday 😀!
I will also be there on the 19th! perhaps you will bring us good luck since its your birthday

YAY! Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! And congratulations also to Shimmee for the interview invitation! Check the interview feedback for a lot of Mercer information!
I'd say I'm 99% sure I will be starting at Mercer next fall...who else is pretty set on Mercer? I feel like I have to somewhat consider UGA if I get accepted...but I LOVED Mercer when I was there. And it's Atlanta!
I'm from Florida and I turned down my interview to UF to come to Mercer if that makes you feel any better. lol
B
BelleMD2B
I got my acceptance into Mercer today...I interviewed on Oct 29th. I'm super excited. 99% sure I'll be attending and joining the class of 2015 there as it's my first choice due to what's best for me, my family, location and what the program has to offer.
I'm soooooooo psyched!!!
I'm soooooooo psyched!!!
I got my acceptance into Mercer today...I interviewed on Oct 29th. I'm super excited. 99% sure I'll be attending and joining the class of 2015 there as it's my first choice due to what's best for me, my family, location and what the program has to offer.
I'm soooooooo psyched!!!
Yaaayy! Congratsss 🙂 Does this mean you're withdrawing from the ever so silent TJU? 🙄 Hahah
Me too, what is your name?? we can be friend when we get there. It is my first time go to GA lolz...i want to have somebody to talk to heheh so i won't feel insecure.Got my interview invite today for 12/3 !!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck on that day hehe!
B
BelleMD2B
Yaaayy! Congratsss 🙂 Does this mean you're withdrawing from the ever so silent TJU? 🙄 Hahah
It means TJU is the 1% that makes me even ponder going elsewhere...but you know how I'm feeling about them right now 🙄
Me too, what is your name?? we can be friend when we get there. It is my first time go to GA lolz...i want to have somebody to talk to heheh so i won't feel insecure.
Good luck on that day hehe!
I'm (blank blank) from (blank blank) hahaha
Last edited:
Got an interview invitation on Dec 3. Anyone goes on that day??
😀
I'll be there that day!!!
So does it take about three weeks for the admissions committee to meet and decide? I interviewed last November 5th, so just now playing the waiting game.
What does the acceptance packet look like??![]()
I believe they meet the last wednesday or thursday of every month. The acceptance package is a 10 by 14 envelope. Good luck! The nov and dec interviews will have the worst waiting game b/c of the holidays!
Brian Gilbert. Yeah I'm from Panama City, Fl and go to FSU in Tallahassee which is like southern GA. I'm a southern "good ole boy" so you'll feel comfortable. I'm on facebook too so you can look me up.
Such a brave soul.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Such a brave soul.
D2 I am. I'm a trendsetter.
I'm from Florida and I turned down my interview to UF to come to Mercer if that makes you feel any better. lol
Yeah. It does. I don't really even care about my UGA application anymore. Plus anyone with a screen name Tinkerbell has to be awesome! 😉
I'll be at the interview on 12/3 as well! 🙂 I'm so excited!
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K