Mercer University's Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rrw57

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! It may be kind of early, but i think a decent group of us have already been accepted. So I wanted to get this thread going so maybe we can all get a chance to start knowing each other. I'm coming from Miami and will know absolutely zero people in Atlanta and I'm trying to get a head start :D

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so my application is STILL waiting to be mailed from PharmCAS but I really hope I get accepted! I'm from Miami too :).

I'm coming from Minnesota so I won't know anyone either :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am coming from miami as well. I am excited about coming to mercer.:)

I go to miami dade college. How about you?

I went to UM but my application hasn't been mailed yet so I'm not sure if I will be offered an interview. I think it's awesome that there are other people from south FL though. I took classes at MDC over the summer... I lived a few blocks from the Kendall campus lol

Yup im coming from FIU. When are you guys planning on moving over there?

I wish some other schools would get back to me so I can make my decision already :)

I got my acceptance to Mercer in early December and I'm from Atlanta. Let me know if you have any questions about Atlanta and I can try to answer anything that you have.

PharmD2014, i was accepted to nova also lol. But their school didnt impress me at all. Do you live close to school? Can you tell us about the area that the campus is located?

And if anyone is handy with facebook, maybe you can create a facebook group for our class?

PharmD2014, i was accepted to nova also lol. But their school didnt impress me at all. Do you live close to school?

I totally agree. Nova was not impressive at all. I didn't feel like the admin staff really care or took the time to make you feel special like Mercer did. I live about 15 minutes away from school, which for Atlanta is pretty good. Mercer's campus is in a very quiet area and there are several places to eat and shop close by. There are also several apartment complexes close by as well if you want to live off campus.

Are most people planning on living off or on campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally agree. Nova was not impressive at all. I didn't feel like the admin staff really care or took the time to make you feel special like Mercer did. I live about 15 minutes away from school, which for Atlanta is pretty good. Mercer's campus is in a very quiet area and there are several places to eat and shop close by. There are also several apartment complexes close by as well if you want to live off campus.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who felt this. I was starting to doubt my decision not to apply there because I live so close, but you guys make me feel a lot better about my decision to apply to Mercer and UF. Now if PharmCAS would just mail my apps already! :laugh:

Tinkerbell22, has pharmcas already verified your application? If so, im sure they will send it out by tomorrow.

And im probably going to be living off campus in a near by apartment that was recommended during the interview.

Tinkerbell22, has pharmcas already verified your application? If so, im sure they will send it out by tomorrow.

And im probably going to be living off campus in a near by apartment that was recommended during the interview.

Luckily they got that out of the way before the winter break :D My GPA is calculated and my transcripts are verified so I'm just waiting for them to be mailed. I'm thinking they will be sent tomorrow too since everyone is going back to school.

I've been checking out all the areas of the schools I applied to on craigslist so I can be prepared in case I am accepted somewhere. Mercer seems to have some really nice places off campus and they are pretty affordable too :thumbup:

Hey Guys,

Congrats on already getting in!
I'm going to Mercer for an interview on the 22nd and was just wondering if you could offer any advice? I haven't had any yet and don't quite know what to expect.

Thanks so much!

Check the SDN interview feedback section at the top of the page. That's how i prepared and it was very helpful. But one thing i can say is dont stress it. Everyone there is SUPER nice and make you feel welcomed. Good luck!

For those who got accepted
Dont mind me for asking, but what was your PCAT score.
i have a good gpa and ECs but have not took the PCAT yet and i was planing on applying to mercer but wanted to know what is the score you guys got into with. thanks

I got my acceptance in December as well, and I'm still waiting on a couple of other schools. If I go to Mercer, I will most likely commute from home (in the Alpharetta/Roswell area). It's about a 30-minute drive without ATL traffic. So I'm guessing it'll be a 45-minute to an hour ride during rush hour.:(

Did you guys receive an email or anything after you sent in your deposit?

good job getting in guys, i almost went to mercer but i'm at UGA. Great school though, i like their program layout.

Is anyone going for the spring picnic in april?

I did not know you could pay the deposit with a credit card.

You sure can. I just check my credit card account and it went through for $250 (Mercer Burs Office). 1% cash back... so my deposit was only $247.50 :D

I really want to go to that picnic, however if my final schedule is too hectic i might not be able to make it. But im striving to go. And after i paid my deposit i got an email with my Mercer ID number and password.

tydaddy99, i got a 79 on my pcat

Have anyone started applying for financial aid yet? I started already but not quite done yet. I need to file my taxes for 2009 and i will be set to go. I really want to get all my stuff done early because i know i have a crazy semester ahead of me and i do not want to be behind. I hope i make it to the spring picnic too? I hope my schedule would not be tough? Is anyone planning on living on campus? Happy new years to everyone.

You sure can. I just check my credit card account and it went through for $250 (Mercer Burs Office). 1% cash back... so my deposit was only $247.50 :D
Thanks for that information. I never knew that. I have to give melva a call first thing tomorrow.:laugh:

hey Tinkerbell22, did pharmcas send out your applications yet?

Hey Lindz8!!! I also have an interview at Mercer on the 22nd. It's my first one as well. I'm kinda nervous but excited. I look forward to seeing you there. :)

Hey Lindz8!!! I also have an interview at Mercer on the 22nd. It's my first one as well. I'm kinda nervous but excited. I look forward to seeing you there. :)
do not worry you guyz will be ok. Make sure you are relaxed and have lots of questions for your interviewers. The faculty and staff of mercer are very nice. They make the atmosphere very relaxing. Good luck.

hey Tinkerbell22, did pharmcas send out your applications yet?

I got an email yesterday from Mercer saying that everything is finally complete! I paid my supplemental fee over the phone. :eek: I'm so nervous.

I put my application in oct. Still awaiting an interview even though pharmcas has updated my application and states it's been sent. How long did it take before you (those already admitted) were contacted for an interview?

I put my application in oct. Still awaiting an interview even though pharmcas has updated my application and states it's been sent. How long did it take before you (those already admitted) were contacted for an interview?

I was contacted within a few days after submitting my supplemental application back in early October.

do not worry you guyz will be ok. Make sure you are relaxed and have lots of questions for your interviewers. The faculty and staff of mercer are very nice. They make the atmosphere very relaxing. Good luck.

Thanks chem1033!!! I will try to relax and just have fun! :D If you don't mind my asking, what are some good questions for the interviewers? I thought about asking about research opportunities for students, student activities ECT.... Any good advice is appreciated.

How much is Mercer's estimated cost for out of state students each year?

How much is Mercer's estimated cost for out of state students each year?

I'm pretty sure it's the same price for everyone because it's private. I think it's ~30,000 per year... not sure if the P4 year is less or not. I also hear they have scholarships for keeping a really high GPA. I just completed my application this week and I'm from Florida.

I'm coming from CA, so I'll really be outta my element. Haha. Hope all you Southern peeps are as hospitable and nice as they say! As for the picnic in April, count me in! So stoked! :D

I'm coming from CA, so I'll really be outta my element. Haha. Hope all you Southern peeps are as hospitable and nice as they say! As for the picnic in April, count me in! So stoked! :D

So you decided! :thumbup:

I hope I get an interview but who knows? LOL

I'm from Miami (a couple others who are already accepted are too but I don't know them in real life)... and people are WAY more friendly in Georgia. Some people say that Atlanta isn't as friendly as other cities, but my dad used to live in Georgia and I think everyone is MUCH nicer than Miami. :laugh:

So you decided! :thumbup:

I hope I get an interview but who knows? LOL

I'm from Miami (a couple others who are already accepted are too but I don't know them in real life)... and people are WAY more friendly in Georgia. Some people say that Atlanta isn't as friendly as other cities, but my dad used to live in Georgia and I think everyone is MUCH nicer than Miami. :laugh:

I must say, Miami people are pretty rude. I wouldn't even consider them part of "the South". Southern hospitality doesn't apply there :(

Hi
I see 2014 batch here. Is it good to apply years ahead to secure an admission? :confused:

Hi
I see 2014 batch here. Is it good to apply years ahead to secure an admission? :confused:

No 2014 just means that you will start in 2010, and you will graduate in 2014. Everyone who has been accepted will matriculate in the Fall of this year.

I must say, Miami people are pretty rude. I wouldn't even consider them part of "the South". Southern hospitality doesn't apply there :(

Yeah I know... :laugh: Most people don't consider south Florida part of the south at all. North/Central Florida is usually where you start to see a stark contrast between the landscape/friendliness/etc. University of Florida is in northern Florida and it's a lot different there. I'm not originally from Miami, I'm from an island in south Florida so I'm nice! :) (Just kidding... there are actually nice people in Miami too, you just have to find them. People just aren't automatically friendly or outgoing in public like they would be in some other places.)

Hey guys,

I'm coming from Arizona and I decided not to bring my car when I go to Mercer. Do you think I would be okay? Is Mercer and surrounding areas safe and convenient (to go grocery shopping etc) to move around in?

Thank you Tinkerbell22.:)
whats the pcat score and GPA required to be considered in Mercer?

Thank you Tinkerbell22.:)
whats the pcat score and GPA required to be considered in Mercer?

Not sure... numbers are posted on various sites, but I think it just depends on the overall application. I'm assuming having at least a 3.0+ and 60-70+ PCAT would be considered decent if you have good ECs, LORs, volunteer experience, etc. I just applied so I don't really have any idea because I haven't been contacted about interview, rejection, etc.

Hey guys,

I'm coming from Arizona and I decided not to bring my car when I go to Mercer. Do you think I would be okay? Is Mercer and surrounding areas safe and convenient (to go grocery shopping etc) to move around in?
I think it is advisable to bring a car except you do not mind begging for a ride anytime you need to go out.