Mercer University's Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted everything in Mid-August and STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING FROM MERCER! I have emailed them a few times because I know once they were waiting for my PCAT scores and once they were waiting for my fall transcripts, but now everything is there...what are they waiting for?! Even if it is a rejection, it would be nice to know! Geez, lol

Serious? Geez! I sent my like January 21st and I e-mailed them a on Thursday and they told me they already received my PharmCAS apps (my supplementals were there a month ago). They also told me that it was going to be under evaluation and I should hear from them in 2-3 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone had heard earlier than that (this waiting process SUCKS! haha).

Btw, what your stats... GPA, PCAT, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

I am on pins and needles because basically my Jan PCAT score will make me or break me! I should get my scores back this week and that will determine if I get an interview.

For those who have interviewed already was the format Q & A or more like a discussion?

I finished everything mid-January and I heard back on Feb. 2nd as well. They use rolling admissions so if you are still waiting there is always a chance they will still contact you during the evaluation process. Interviews continue throughout the cycle so don't lose hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on pins and needles because basically my Jan PCAT score will make me or break me! I should get my scores back this week and that will determine if I get an interview.

For those who have interviewed already was the format Q & A or more like a discussion?

The beginning of the thread tells you what to expect. But in short: 1. overview 2. Student interview 3. Faculty interview 4. Tour 5. Mingling Its straight forward and VERY comfortable. I actually enjoyed my interview. My student part was a mixture (he asked two questions and then we just talked). My faculty interviewer said she knew nothing about me so tell her (loved that). The only question she asked was did I have a back up plan. But, the interview was really like we were just talking. It was great.

Me too! What do you need to get on your PCAT? Btw, what's your GPA?

My pre-req GPA for Mercer is better than my actual GPA so I think that helps too. I have something like a 3.66 in my pre-reqs.

I tried to calculate the core pre-reqs by adding up all my numerical grades in each class A=4.0 A- = 3.7 B+ = 3.3 etc... and I weighted them based on how many credits each class was (an A- in Organic Chem was multiplied by 3 credits, and a B in O Chem lab was only multiplied once, etc). Then I divided that total by the total number of credits and I got the pre-req GPA. If you do this you can get a better idea of your GPA in the core classes.

Serious? Geez! I sent my like January 21st and I e-mailed them a on Thursday and they told me they already received my PharmCAS apps (my supplementals were there a month ago). They also told me that it was going to be under evaluation and I should hear from them in 2-3 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone had heard earlier than that (this waiting process SUCKS! haha).

Btw, what your stats... GPA, PCAT, etc.?

I also got the email saying it would be 2-3 weeks. But after that came and went, I emailed Melva and she said they were waiting for my June PCAT score. My stats are in my Pharmapps...they are low, but like I said, even if it's a rejection, I would like to know!

Anyone know if the committee is meeting today? Should we expect decisions for those that interviewed in February this week?

Yes. I was told by Melva on yesterday that they were meeting this evening. So I assume we should hear something by tomorrow (or there about). I am so nervous I can't think at work!

Do you think they will also evaluate other applications for future interviews too while making a decision for those that have already been interviewed?

I interviewed on Feb 12th and got a voice message from Mercer today telling me to call back to get an update on my status...so I assume they have made some decisions??
the one and only day I forgot to bring my phone.....er!!!! I didn't get back to my dorm until 5:13pm and the office is already closed.....oh well.......i guess i won't find out til tomorrow :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I was told by Melva on yesterday that they were meeting this evening. So I assume we should hear something by tomorrow (or there about). I am so nervous I can't think at work!

They usually call on the same day right after their meeting. Hope you all get some good news! :eek:

I got the call (well voicemail) from Jordana today. I called her back immediately (as I could not wait). I am so excited!:D

Congratulations guys! Were going to be classmates! Who's going to the picnic? So excited!

How come I know nothing of this picnic (except that it's in April), was I not paying attention..? :sleep:

Maybe it comes in our information they will send us!

Ha! Ha! I was in a training and heard my phone ring...of course i didn't get out of the training until after it was 5pm atl time!!!! But I have training again tomorrow, but I'm going to call super early!!!!!!

Isn't it just our luck??!!! Hey they don't do phone calls for waitlisted people do they?

I interviewed on Feb 12th and got a voice message from Mercer today telling me to call back to get an update on my status...so I assume they have made some decisions??
the one and only day I forgot to bring my phone.....er!!!! I didn't get back to my dorm until 5:13pm and the office is already closed.....oh well.......i guess i won't find out til tomorrow :xf:

Ha! Ha! I was in a training and heard my phone ring...of course i didn't get out of the training until after it was 5pm atl time!!!! But I have training again tomorrow, but I'm going to call super early!!!!!!

Isn't it just our luck??!!! Hey they don't do phone calls for waitlisted people do they?

If you have a phone call from Mercer today, most likely you're in. :thumbup:

How come I know nothing of this picnic (except that it's in April), was I not paying attention..? :sleep:

No that's all I know too... I just remember them telling us about it and people on here mentioning it as well.

hey congrats to the newly accepted! there's a spring picnic on april 16th, you'll see it on the checklist in your acceptance packet. Just a pre-orientation thing where we can meet all the new classmates and see the fall class schedule. Join the facebook group if yall want and havent already! search for Mercer University COPHS Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2014. congrats again =D

hmm, I didn't get the call. I guess it's over for me? Anyone know if they'll make calls on other days as well? From reading this thread it seems like everyone that got accepted receive calls on Tuesday, the day of the AdCom meeting.

:D Congrats to all who got the good news yesterday! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone soon. FYI: it took a while for my letter to arrive (almost two weeks)...

If you didn't get the call you should get an email saying that you're waitlisted...There still is hope though...I was waitlisted in early December and they called me back at the beginning of this month

SO I just got another email with the subject: Application Update. It said the admissions comittee requests additional time to review my file because my application is going to get careful consideration...at least that's an update, but I wish I knew something already!!

Hey all, I am from Atlanta and will be starting at Mercer in the fall. I will hopefully be attending the picnic. Does anyone know the date? I also have a two bedroom townhome about 9 miles(north) of campus and will be needing a roomate starting in August. If anyone is interested, just let me know.

Hey all, I am from Atlanta and will be starting at Mercer in the fall. I will hopefully be attending the picnic. Does anyone know the date? I also have a two bedroom townhome about 9 miles(north) of campus and will be needing a roomate starting in August. If anyone is interested, just let me know.
It is april 16th, 2010.

SO I just got another email with the subject: Application Update. It said the admissions comittee requests additional time to review my file because my application is going to get careful consideration...at least that's an update, but I wish I knew something already!!

That means most likely you'll be invited for an interview...I received the same email a while back and 5 mins later I received an email saying I was invited for an interview...so congrats in advance!!!

If you are accepted to Mercer do you think you will go there instead of Nova WPB? It seems like there are going to be a lot of south Florida students at Mercer this year! :)

That means most likely you'll be invited for an interview...I received the same email a while back and 5 mins later I received an email saying I was invited for an interview...so congrats in advance!!!

I hope this is the case!

If you are accepted to Mercer do you think you will go there instead of Nova WPB? It seems like there are going to be a lot of south Florida students at Mercer this year! :)

Not sure! Depends on if Mercer impresses me more than Nova. Out of all the schools I have interviewed at so far, Nova has been the most impressive to me.

:D Congrats to all who got the good news yesterday! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone soon. FYI: it took a while for my letter to arrive (almost two weeks)...

Do you live in GA?
I live in GA and does it takes 2 weeks for letter to arrive in GA as well?
Did it took 2 weeks for anyone else who got accepted? thanks!

I hope this is the case!

Hi Moni, Congrats on your forthcoming interview (fingers crossed for you!) Can you let me know when you submitted your app? I'm still waiting and no answer yet (just an e-mail saying they'll let me know 2-3 weeks from now) :( I have a feeling its all over with Mercer for me...

Hi Moni, Congrats on your forthcoming interview (fingers crossed for you!) Can you let me know when you submitted your app? I'm still waiting and no answer yet (just an e-mail saying they'll let me know 2-3 weeks from now) :( I have a feeling its all over with Mercer for me...

I submitted my PharmCAS in AUGUST! Supplementals mid-August. They hadn't gotten my August PCAT scores at that time, so they were waiting on those, then it came time for academic update for the fall and it took forever to recalculate my GPA, so now they have everything, but I submitted everything in August, so if you did all your stuff a few weeks ago, don't be worried; I have waited almost 5 months!

hey congrats to the newly accepted! there's a spring picnic on april 16th, you'll see it on the checklist in your acceptance packet. Just a pre-orientation thing where we can meet all the new classmates and see the fall class schedule. Join the facebook group if yall want and havent already! search for Mercer University COPHS Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2014. congrats again =D

Looking foward to the picnic!

Last edited:
Not sure! Depends on if Mercer impresses me more than Nova. Out of all the schools I have interviewed at so far, Nova has been the most impressive to me.

I would say in my opinion that Nova was the least impressive that I had been to. Just the admissions staff there didn't make me feel so welcome. Mercer overall was so much better in every way (except for the small and older campus).

Hey I talked to Jordanna today---I called her back and I got in!!! YEAA!!!!!

I would say in my opinion that Nova was the least impressive that I had been to. Just the admissions staff there didn't make me feel so welcome. Mercer overall was so much better in every way (except for the small and older campus).

I don't know when I went to Nova they made feel like the man and the campus was beautiful...I liked it a lot...I guess everyone has a different experience...If you're not used to the people in South Florida that's how you're going to feel...they're not to engaging down here...I'm from South Florida and when I went to Mercer I was suprised people could be this nice...lol

I don't know when I went to Nova they made feel like the man and the campus was beautiful...I liked it a lot...I guess everyone has a different experience...If you're not used to the people in South Florida that's how you're going to feel...they're not to engaging down here...I'm from South Florida and when I went to Mercer I was suprised people could be this nice...lol

haha some people just can't get used to SoFLa people. But my dad was in Atlanta a few months back so I told him to visit Mercer for me. He brought back pictures and the campus was GORGEOUS, but the pharmacy building looked ancient. I would love the chance to go up and see it for myself, so I hope for an interview!! :xf:

I hate to say this because I'm from south Florida but I felt the same way. I felt like I was bothering everyone when I was trying to find out information/etc while at other schools they were so helpful and excited just to answer emails, any questions I had, etc.

-I actually like the traditional collegiate feel at Mercer, especially the bricks and tall trees that surround the campus.

>>> LOL @ post number 1,305. My area code. haha I'm a nerd.

Do you live in GA?
I live in GA and does it takes 2 weeks for letter to arrive in GA as well?
Did it took 2 weeks for anyone else who got accepted? thanks!

Yes, I live in GA. It was about 2 weeks from my acceptance phone call until the time I received the letter. I actually emailed Jordana after the first week because I was trying to plan a vacation and wanted to be sure to be in town for the WC ceremony.

Yes, I live in GA. It was about 2 weeks from my acceptance phone call until the time I received the letter. I actually emailed Jordana after the first week because I was trying to plan a vacation and wanted to be sure to be in town for the WC ceremony.

Hi! Do you mind sharing your stats? I sent my apps 01/21 and I got an email last Friday saying they received it and it's under evaluation and I should hear from them in 2-3 weeks. Do you think I'll hear anything earlier than that?

I hear you on that, I too am from South FL and everything is different there!! I currently live in Orlando and its starting to feel like South FL (bad traffice, bad attitudes, and you have to constantly look over your shoulder!)

I live in Atlanta and it took like 2 days for me to get the official letter after Melva's phone call!! I was SO suprised when I opened the mail box!:love:

I've been waitlisted since the middle of December....
....any day now....anyyyy day.......:shifty:

Recieved my packet today. It didn't take two weeks (go the call last Monday afternoon). Really excited to get started!