simmer_down

15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'm interested in buying the Meyers Operative Otolaryngology book, but its almost 10 years since the last edition and someone told me they heard a new edition is coming out. I'd rather save my $400+ a while longer if there is a new edition coming out- has anyone heard anything about this?

TheThroat

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2001
Arlington, Texas
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
simmer_down said:
I'm interested in buying the Meyers Operative Otolaryngology book, but its almost 10 years since the last edition and someone told me they heard a new edition is coming out. I'd rather save my $400+ a while longer if there is a new edition coming out- has anyone heard anything about this?
i haven't, but i would bet that there would be, based on the success of the last edition.

neutropeniaboy

Blasted ENT Attending
15+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2002
USA
Status
Attending Physician
simmer_down said:
I actually think Bailey's is better.

I was given Meyers' book by a rep, and I've read it. I don't find it particularly good in my humble opinion.

About the Ads

ilovemangos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
Status
There is indeed a new edition of Myers' operative book in the works. I am not sure when it will be published. They are still gathering images for the book.

The Bailey's book is a different beast, best compared to Cummings, not Myers' operative text.

neutropeniaboy

Blasted ENT Attending
15+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2002
USA
Status
Attending Physician
There is indeed a new edition of Myers' operative book in the works. I am not sure when it will be published. They are still gathering images for the book.

The Bailey's book is a different beast, best compared to Cummings, not Myers' operative text.
No, there's a Bailey's operative atlas.

About the Ads