Meyers Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

simmer_down

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interested in buying the Meyers Operative Otolaryngology book, but its almost 10 years since the last edition and someone told me they heard a new edition is coming out. I'd rather save my $400+ a while longer if there is a new edition coming out- has anyone heard anything about this?
 
simmer_down said:
I'm interested in buying the Meyers Operative Otolaryngology book, but its almost 10 years since the last edition and someone told me they heard a new edition is coming out. I'd rather save my $400+ a while longer if there is a new edition coming out- has anyone heard anything about this?

i haven't, but i would bet that there would be, based on the success of the last edition.
 
simmer_down said:
I'm interested in buying the Meyers Operative Otolaryngology book, but its almost 10 years since the last edition and someone told me they heard a new edition is coming out. I'd rather save my $400+ a while longer if there is a new edition coming out- has anyone heard anything about this?

I actually think Bailey's is better.

I was given Meyers' book by a rep, and I've read it. I don't find it particularly good in my humble opinion.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is indeed a new edition of Myers' operative book in the works. I am not sure when it will be published. They are still gathering images for the book.

The Bailey's book is a different beast, best compared to Cummings, not Myers' operative text.
 
There is indeed a new edition of Myers' operative book in the works. I am not sure when it will be published. They are still gathering images for the book.

The Bailey's book is a different beast, best compared to Cummings, not Myers' operative text.

No, there's a Bailey's operative atlas.