Meyers Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simmer_down

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying the Meyers Operative Otolaryngology book, but its almost 10 years since the last edition and someone told me they heard a new edition is coming out. I'd rather save my $400+ a while longer if there is a new edition coming out- has anyone heard anything about this?

Members don't see this ad.

simmer_down said:
I'm interested in buying the Meyers Operative Otolaryngology book, but its almost 10 years since the last edition and someone told me they heard a new edition is coming out. I'd rather save my $400+ a while longer if there is a new edition coming out- has anyone heard anything about this?

i haven't, but i would bet that there would be, based on the success of the last edition.

simmer_down said:

I actually think Bailey's is better.

I was given Meyers' book by a rep, and I've read it. I don't find it particularly good in my humble opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is indeed a new edition of Myers' operative book in the works. I am not sure when it will be published. They are still gathering images for the book.

The Bailey's book is a different beast, best compared to Cummings, not Myers' operative text.

There is indeed a new edition of Myers' operative book in the works. I am not sure when it will be published. They are still gathering images for the book.

The Bailey's book is a different beast, best compared to Cummings, not Myers' operative text.

No, there's a Bailey's operative atlas.