MGMA percentile payment ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

what percentile of MGMA salary for the area did your contract reflect?

• 10th percentile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25th percentile

• Median

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • 75th percentile

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 90th percentile!!!!

• Fixed salary

• RVU based

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Sapien3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I recently started talking to recruiters for job. When it comes to salary not many disclose. Some places say they use MGMA.
This question is for those who are currently working.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Job I signed for was 410 plus rvu, estimated salary around 475-525, plus a bunch of potential bonus money. I think it's around 50th percentile, maybe a bit more. This is gen cards, no cath.

Reactions: 2 users
Job I signed for was 410 plus rvu, estimated salary around 475-525, plus a bunch of potential bonus money. I think it's around 50th percentile, maybe a bit more. This is gen cards, no cath.
May I ask if this is 1) in a rural, urban or suburban area and 2) what is the schedule like (e.g. M-F job 8-5pm?). Also interested in general cardiology with focus on outpatient/clinic and imaging. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask if this is 1) in a rural, urban or suburban area and 2) what is the schedule like (e.g. M-F job 8-5pm?). Also interested in general cardiology with focus on outpatient/clinic and imaging. Thanks!
Urban/suburban in the Midwest, 3 days of clinic, half day admin, 1 day responsible for procedures (mainly tee) and reading the box (echo nukes). Call 1 week every 6 weeks, where you cover the inpatient consults and read inpatient echoes/nukes/tees.

I don't even know what the mgma numbers are.

I googled “2021 MGMa pdf” and found it. I believe we are not supposed to share here

Urban/suburban in the Midwest, 3 days of clinic, half day admin, 1 day responsible for procedures (mainly tee) and reading the box (echo nukes). Call 1 week every 6 weeks, where you cover the inpatient consults and read inpatient echoes/nukes/tees.
Nice. How about Weeknight and weekend on call?

Nice. How about Weeknight and weekend on call?
Taking 1 in 6 weeks means taking night and weekend call as well. Weekends is reading the inpatient box and rounding on consults. No expectations to come in at night unless patient is unstable and if it's ACS that falls to the interventional guy, supposedly (eg even nstemi/ua should be seen by interventional overnight/weekend). Not sure how it'll actually pan out in practice. If someone wants a stat echo overnight, I need to ok it, but we have echo techs on call to perform the study, including off hours on the weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
Taking 1 in 6 weeks means taking night and weekend call as well. Weekends is reading the inpatient box and rounding on consults. No expectations to come in at night unless patient is unstable and if it's ACS that falls to the interventional guy, supposedly (eg even nstemi/ua should be seen by interventional overnight/weekend). Not sure how it'll actually pan out in practice. If someone wants a stat echo overnight, I need to ok it, but we have echo techs on call to perform the study, including off hours on the weekend.
This right there coupled with fairly equal IC and Gen salaries makes anyone who chooses IC these days crazy imo. Sounds like a good gig.

That’s is nice. So apart from that week, evenings and weekends are free.

I forget to ask clinic staff support - such as who handles buckets and follows up labs? I am not sure those are appropriate to ask during interview.

That’s is nice. So apart from that week, evenings and weekends are free.

I forget to ask clinic staff support - such as who handles buckets and follows up labs? I am not sure those are appropriate to ask during interview.
no idea, if it's like fellowship, RN will call for normal results and if abnormal, it'll fall on me.