Michigan March Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Upper tier waitlist. About as good as I was expecting.

Members don't see this ad.

Upper tier here as well. Looks like there are 150 of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think they are updating status pages as they go through the meeting or that the meeting is over with?

My page still hasnt changed:(

Hahaha, I withdrew months ago but still got an upper tier waitlist. :laugh:

Hahaha, I withdrew months ago but still got an upper tier waitlist. :laugh:
I heard it's part of a secret plan to try to trick those who withdraw early. You still get waitlisted, and then you'll be accepted down the road with a full ride + stipend. Then when you show up for orientation, you're informed that there really isn't a spot in the class for you. :p

Middle tier waitlist. I guess there's not much hope for me now...

Great, now there's only 149 of us :rolleyes:

Yay, the chances for us lower tier waitlist people to get accepted has increased to 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%! :clap:

Upper Tier... has anyone been able to download their waitlist description file? I can't seem to download it.

Yeah I was able to download the file...keep trying I guess

Members don't see this ad :)
UPPER TIER WAIT LIST
You are being offered a place on the wait list in the Upper Tier. Applicants are placed on the wait list after they interview, and may be offered a spot in the class at any time. You are in the top 1/3 of the wait list. Historically the majority of wait list candidates come from this tier. Candidates in the upper tier are considered very viable for the University of Michigan Medical School. We appreciate your consideration and patience as we move through this process. Tentative plans will be to retain this list of candidates through the first day of orientation: August 5.

MIDDLE TIER WAIT LIST
You are being offered a place on the wait list in the Middle Tier. Applicants are placed on the wait list after they interview, and may be offered a spot in the class at any time. You are in the middle 1/3 of the wait list. Historically limited activity has taken place from this tier. While your file will be kept open, you will be well served to identify your other medical school options while remaining on the Michigan wait list. Tentative plans will be to pare down this list on or about July 1.

LOWER TIER WAIT LIST
You are being offered a place on the wait list in the Lower Tier. Applicants are placed on the wait list after they interview, and may be offered a spot in the class at any time. You are in the bottom 1/3 of the wait list. Historically we have not reached this tier in making wait list offers. While your file will be kept open for review, it would be prudent for these candidates to aggressively pursue other options. Tentative plans will be to pare down this list on or about June 1.

We recognize that being placed on the wait list is a difficult and uncertain process. We are sure you may have questions about your possible outcome. Please know that while we want to be helpful, we simply won't know about the frequency or depth of wait list activity until after JUNE 1. At that time we will determine how many, if any, available seats remain in our class of 170. We will then work from the wait list to fill those seats.

Our wait list is not ranked and thus there is no specified order. We do operate on a tier system which presumes we will seek candidates in this sequence: Upper, Middle, and then Lower. We reserve the right to select students to fill our class and this may require we consider a candidates' State of Residence, and if deemed appropriate, give preference to Michigan residents. However, this does not necessarily suggest that we will replace a "Resident with a Resident" although we reserve that possibility.

Often candidates will try to predict the outcomes of wait list activity based on previous years' history. We would caution that each application cycle is independent and historical data, while informative, is not always a valid predictor of future outcomes. In our continued spirit of "transparency" we provide the following information:

Year Admission Offers Wait list Offers
2007 350 TBD
2006 365 16
2005 420 0
2004 403 45
2003 400 61

Waitlist Information for 2007 (Current) Cycle
Upper Tier Candidates: 150
Middle Tier Candidates: 150
Lower Tier Candidates: 100

While we appreciate updates and new information, the sheer number of contacts you make with our office will not be a factor in any of our wait list decisions. We appreciate your continued interest in the University Of Michigan Medical School

*All data/information subject to change without notice.

I love U of M for their transparency in this process. Although I do have to chuckle at the line "sheer number of contacts"

anyone get in here or know someone in off the march decisions?

mid tier here. i guess it was too damn cold up there anyway.

I got in yesterday off the march decision list. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Mid tier, guess I wasn't so desirable after all. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So out of curiosity, what tier waitlist did those people who got waitlisted in October/December fall into?

I got the impression they would all fall into the third tier, but I'm not for sure.