Michigan Osteopathic Programs That Aren't Boards Heavy???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bic_atlantis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting to get around that time where programs are starting to accept students for audition rotations. Was wondering if anyone had any insight/experience on which DO programs in Michigan aren't particularly 'boards heavy'. Any help compiling a list now and for future applicants would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Henry Ford, Genesys, Garden City from what I remember. The rest are pretty boards focused. That being said, if your boards are subpar, it's important to keep in mind that most people that do audition will perform well coupled with high board scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Below 550 are mediocre scores and won't help you even at programs that are not board heavy. You won't outright get banished like you would at board heavy programs, but with so many studs on service, you better bring your A game .

What score would you consider to be a "good" or "solid" score for osteo ortho programs? Board heavy and not?

What score would you consider to be a "good" or "solid" score for osteo ortho programs? Board heavy and not?
600+ will get your foot in the door at most places. Number heavy programs will be impressed with 700+.

We're not board heavy and all of our residents in the last 3 years have had 600+, with one 700+ and another 800+.

Reactions: 2 users
Basically need a 550 min to get in the door. After that it becomes a personality / fit issue rather than board scores. I'd say this is true for most programs.

Obviously board score keep creeping higher and higher. When I was a senior resident, the scores and knowledge that students had compared to me when I was a student was vastly superior.

We had some students who had handbook of fx memorized prior to their audition rotations.