Michigan State University- Where to stay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a cheap place to stay near MSU?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah well the best I found, I called and checked is the Super 8 motel, its 3mins from CHM-MSU. Its also in East Lansing
Its 49.95 for a single, and $45 for a double, weekday rate. 517-337-1621

the residence inn, its like 3min drive from CHM, it might be slighly higher. (517)332-7711

Congratulations, goodluck, when is ur interview. I'm also applying, but I work at CHM as well, and did undergrad, and doing grad here so might be able to help if u have questions. CHM is a great school, friendly atmosphere .
:)

hey stan,

i stayed in the Butterfield Guesthouse (under $40 i think). it's a decent place, only community bathrooms, which i didn't find to be too bad...it's about 10 mins away and close to nearby restaurants.

good luck on your interview....i interviewed there a week ago...it's a great school, i really liked it. lemme know if you have any questions...

dpy

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by dpy
hey stan,

i stayed in the Butterfield Guesthouse (under $40 i think). it's a decent place, only community bathrooms, which i didn't find to be too bad...it's about 10 mins away and close to nearby restaurants.

good luck on your interview....i interviewed there a week ago...it's a great school, i really liked it. lemme know if you have any questions...

dpy

Yeah butterfield is on campus, totally skipped my mind. dpy what faculty and student interviewed u, and its been a week so u should be hearing back from them really soon :eek:

Lotanna and dpy, thank you very much! I will definitively call Super 8 motel, residence inn and Butterfield Guesthouse to see what rooms they have available. My interview is this Thursday (Nov. 7th).

Lotanna (since you know the school), why would you choose to study at MSU vs another med school?

Dpy, what impressed you the most at your interview? Are there any specific things I should know about the school?

Also, what is the cost of living there? A friend of mine told me they rented a three bedroom apartment north of Grand Rapids for $700 a month. This sounds great, since I'm used to SoCal prices of $900- $1300 for a 2 bedroom apartment. What are the prices in Lansing?

I appreciate your input!

I PMed both of you...

dpy