microbio or anatomy

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by migs54, May 28, 2002.

1. migs54

migs54 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys/gals maybe i can get a suggestion.
    I have to re-work my schedule for the fall and it turns out that the only section of anatomy i could take is taught be a terrible professor, while the micro is being taught by the best teacher in the department. I had her for general bio. I'm definatley more interested in anatomy but i know i would benifit more from taking the microbio course. What would you do. Also does microbio help for the mcat. thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UrSexyLatinDr

UrSexyLatinDr Single and looking =o)~
    7+ Year Member

Hey buddy~

I had also a debate sometime ago if I should take micro , physio or cell bio. Many of the people here recommended physio and micro. I have heard micro does help you in the mcat, but definitely if i was you, I would go for micro. Better teacher and it will you out more in the future!

Eduardo

4. skyhawkd

skyhawkd Member
    7+ Year Member

Go for micro. It would be a waste of your time to take anatomy from a bad prof who might burn you out of your medical studies. If you really wanna take an anatomy course, try maybe a comparative class or mammalian phys. Micro helps a ton for the MCAT because it gives you a basic understanding of genetics, biochem and immunology. Besides, med schools don't care if you've had anatomy because they teach you it all over again.

5. candybits

candybits Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

microbio is going to help you a lot more in preparation for the MCAT. anatomy isn't all that useful to tell you the truth...