Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

microbio or anatomy

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by migs54, May 28, 2002.

1. migs54

migs54 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys/gals maybe i can get a suggestion.
    I have to re-work my schedule for the fall and it turns out that the only section of anatomy i could take is taught be a terrible professor, while the micro is being taught by the best teacher in the department. I had her for general bio. I'm definatley more interested in anatomy but i know i would benifit more from taking the microbio course. What would you do. Also does microbio help for the mcat. thanks.

2. UrSexyLatinDr

UrSexyLatinDr Single and looking =o)~
    7+ Year Member

Hey buddy~

I had also a debate sometime ago if I should take micro , physio or cell bio. Many of the people here recommended physio and micro. I have heard micro does help you in the mcat, but definitely if i was you, I would go for micro. Better teacher and it will you out more in the future!

Eduardo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. skyhawkd

skyhawkd Member
    7+ Year Member

Go for micro. It would be a waste of your time to take anatomy from a bad prof who might burn you out of your medical studies. If you really wanna take an anatomy course, try maybe a comparative class or mammalian phys. Micro helps a ton for the MCAT because it gives you a basic understanding of genetics, biochem and immunology. Besides, med schools don't care if you've had anatomy because they teach you it all over again.

4. candybits

candybits Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

microbio is going to help you a lot more in preparation for the MCAT. anatomy isn't all that useful to tell you the truth...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...