Microbio or Immunobio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalex

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Immunobiology sounds more fun and allows me to sleep in until 12pm, but it's offered again spring quarter (3 quarters).

Which one is easier?

Members don't see this ad.

IDK which one is easier. I personally like immunology more than microbio so that gets my vote.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you're interested in the courses equally than look at the ratings for the professors and use that to decide.

If you're interested in the courses equally than look at the ratings for the professors and use that to decide.
Same professor.:D

I think I'm more interested in immuno, but since it's an elective I don't need, I think microbio is easier?

From a pragmatic perspective? Immunobio is much more useful for the MCAT. As the new MCAT doesn't discuss non-human living things except in context of common diseases, microbio is of limited use. You'll hear about staph/listeria/e.coli/etc during immunobio, plus plenty of medically relevant topics.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a Micro major. Micro is easier but Immuno is more interesting.
Immunology takes more than a semester to really learn and understand imo.

I was a micro major, but immunology was one of the best classes I took (both lecture and lab). The immune system is pretty bad-ass, so if you're interested in it, I would recommend it.

Well in that case I should probably take Micro this quarter so I can take Immuno next quarter? My course load next quarter is intense, but it is not in the spring.

Immunobiology sounds more fun and allows me to sleep in until 12pm, but it's offered again spring quarter (3 quarters).

Which one is easier?

In my experience, Micro is easier, and Immuno tends to be a brain dump. but IMM is much more interesting IMO .

Reactions: 1 users