Microbiology Lab Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zelph_33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So a bit of background: I'm a nursing major and am stoked on nursing, but want to keep the door open for med school in case I want to further my education in the future, as I'm not really sold on the whole DNP/APRN thing and haven't had a ton of good experiences with them. The micro class required for my program (University of Utah) did not have a lab, but another microbiology class allowed people from my class to take their lab if they so desired. Because of this, there were things in my micro lab we went over that we didn't in my lecture. Because of this, and that I based my studying around a guide one of the TAs made that didn't prepare me as well as I'd hoped, I didn't do as well as I liked on the final, bringing my overall grade to a B+ in the lab. I got an A in the lecture, do you guys think it's worth it to retake the lab?

Sorry if I'm being neurotic, but I don't want to have opportunities limited because I didn't have the best lab situation.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Members don't see this ad.

TLDR: made B+ in lab and an A in lecture... lab worth a retake?
Answer: No. B+ is not worth a retake. C+ would not be worth a retake either. Just keep working hard - I would also suggest not completely relying on only the study materials provided to you. Sometimes you gotta read the text and put the work in. When in doubt, just study it.

Reactions: 1 users
NO. It's always great to want the best, but I wouldn't recommend retaking a C+ unless there are really special circumstances. A B+ is a good grade, and the A in the lecture (I'm assuming they count as two separate grades on your transcript) will easily show you understand the material.

You're doing great! Focus on the future. If you're feeling especially neurotic, take the next level in the same subject and show mastery there.