Mid/Low Stats, What are your top choices and how's your cycle going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted804295

Please and really please, don't take this thread the wrong way. I am only wanting to canvass here to see how (<3.7/<520, or LM <75) people are doing.

Tfw 515+ isn't even considered high stats what even...

edit: this is clearly a parody thread. Everyone high, mid, low stats please share what you enjoy about schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
My top choice is my state school!! Amazing facilities, great match lists and rankings, near family, and great tuition

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
My top choice is wherever I am fortunate enough to get accepted!!!!

Reactions: 26 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL :rofl:

My first interview was at my top choice state school two months ago. I’m totally in love with it and so pumped about it’s unique curriculum. Feels like Oct 15 has been a lifetime away and still is!!

Reactions: 4 users
LOL :rofl:

My first interview was at my top choice state school two months ago. I’m totally in love with it and so pumped about it’s unique curriculum. Feels like Oct 15 has been a lifetime away and still is!!
Same!!! Best interview experience was also at my state school. I loved how I knew the entire building and how frank and down to earth the med students were.

Very different vibe from private schools that felt way too formal and rehearsed.

Reactions: 2 users
Please and really please, don't take this thread the wrong way. I am only wanting to canvass here to see how (<3.7/<520, or LM <75) people are doing.

Tfw 515+ isn't even considered high stats what even...
I appreciate this thread after that last one

Reactions: 7 users
Same!!! Best interview experience was also at my state school. I loved how I knew the entire building and how frank and down to earth the med students were.

Very different vibe from private schools that felt way too formal and rehearsed.

That’s awesome! Could you also hear back Oct 15 or how does that school work? I only applied to MD schools in TX so kinda clueless about other timelines.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s awesome! Could you also hear back Oct 15 or how does that school work? I only applied to MD schools in TX so kinda clueless about other timelines.
Yes so traffic rules allow us to know on October 15. I very likely won't know until late October for this specific school based on the school specific threads from last year.

Edit: you're so lucky to be TX resident

Reactions: 3 users
My top choice is wherever I get in! LM 70 checking in with 9 MD IIs, 1 DO II - I feel extremely fortunate and idk how or why this is happening haha

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
My top choice is wherever I get in! LM 70 checking in with 9 MD IIs, 1 DO II - I feel extremely fortunate and idk how or why this is happening haha
That amount of MD interviews you have is insane. You'll get in, so start making a list of your favorites.

Yes so traffic rules allow us to know on October 15. I very likely won't know until late October for this specific school based on the school specific threads from last year.

Edit: you're so lucky to be TX resident

Alright, this is your month!!!! 11 days until we refresh our emails every 4 seconds.

Haha thank you. Didn’t have a choice with TX but got very lucky.

Edit: potentially identifying lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
As an LM <75 I feel like I still shouldn’t get involved with this thread.

• Haha
As an LM <75 I feel like I still shouldn’t get involved with this thread.
No no, we support you and your successes. They're well deserved. We can all support each other - whether we have 25 IIs or 0 IIs. You're rocking it and deserve to be proud!

Reactions: 12 users
No no, we support you and your successes. They're well deserved. We can all support each other - whether we have 25 IIs or 0 IIs. You're rocking it and deserve to be proud!
Well said!

Top school is state school, the one an hour from home... they do random review however so it didnt matter when I submitted... kind of annoying

Apparently I am also considered low stats (esp. bc my sgpa is ~3.5)! This cycle has been really unexpectedly awesome. Planning on going wherever will let me graduate with the least debt bc I’ve loved every place I’ve gone to!

Reactions: 15 users
Apparently I am also considered low stats (esp. bc my sgpa is ~3.5)! This cycle has been really unexpectedly awesome. Planning on going wherever will let me graduate with the least debt bc I’ve loved every place I’ve gone to!
you're crushing it - congrats :)

Good luck to everyone who was banished from the high-stats thread to this low-stats one. You’re all awesome! (So are the high-stats peeps).

My top choice is any school with red/orange brick buildings like the ones at UCLA. Not sure why but I really love the look of it lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
If you ever visit UCLA, don’t spend too long staring at Royce Hall. It’s asymmetric af and will ruin your entire life.
It's intentional! I think there are 365 (maybe more?) imperfections to show that nothing is perfect :)

• Love
  • Wow
It's intentional! I think there are 365 (maybe more?) imperfections to show that nothing is perfect :)
IDK, intentional imperfections to highlight imperfections seems pretentious to be *resentment for the lack of a secondary burns brighter*

• Haha
IDK, intentional imperfections to highlight imperfections seems pretentious to be *resentment for the lack of a secondary burns brighter*
So, basically it's modeled after an old church that no longer exists in Italy. There are 365 imperfections to show that only god is perfect (including you, Pat lol). Also, it's really pretty.

• Haha
LM 73, Emory or the University of Florida

only silence, but submitted around labor day

My top choice is my state school cause it’s dirt cheap ($12000 a year). I’m accepted to a great DO school just in case though!

Last edited:
  • Love
Checking in ORM with average stats, LM 69-70. My top choice is any school relatively close to home and in a fun area or city. Pass/fail and systems-based curriculum is a huge plus as well. This cycle has definitely exceeded my wildest expectations and I feel extremely lucky to have 6 MD II’s so far. Hoping it works out!

Northwestern NYULI or UF would make me so happy; the days until Oct 15 are getting slower

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Ugh anyone that let's me in tbh. But if I had to choose, either Rush, Temple, or UVM

Sadly, I'm from CA so my in-states aren't so forgiving. It'd be cool to get into one though :nod:

If I had to pick one, I'd like UCI cuz I like the Orange County area

My mf state school. Third time applicant. That’s how much I love you. Show some love to this poor desperate soul. I promise I’ll donate as an alumni

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I don't mean to be dramatic but if I don't get accepted to my top choice I'll withdraw all my apps and live on the streets for the rest of my life

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users
One of my two state schools, which have yet to show me any love yet. Did get a DO II though.

Same, with my LM of 70.5 and 9 MD II. No idea what has happened. My premed advisor at my undergrad told me not to hold my breath, told me that students from my school do not have good luck in admissions. I truly expected to be one of those "3 II -> 1 A" stories, at best.

My top choices are currently toss-ups between EVMS, Cinci, and Wake Forest. Although, EVMS is the only one that has shown me any love so far.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't mean to be dramatic but if I don't get accepted to my top choice I'll withdraw all my apps and live on the streets for the rest of my life

You think I should tell my schools this in an update or wait until my interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Yo pierre, you wanna come out here?

Are you offering a seat at a school or under a bridge? Just curious, I'm prepared for either :hungry:

One of my state schools is my current post II top choice. I'm getting more and more nervous by the day since I haven't gotten an II since the last day in July. Hoping that I will get one or two more this cycle to increase my overall chances but would be ecstatic to get into either school I interviewed at!

• Wow
One of my state schools is my current post II top choice. I'm getting more and more nervous by the day since I haven't gotten an II since the last day in July. Hoping that I will get one or two more this cycle to increase my overall chances but would be ecstatic to get into either school I interviewed at!
Ugh. Getting a flurry of IIs early (late July/early August) really got my hopes up, since everyone assured me that it was a good sign I'd get more IIs in the "peak months." Haven't heard anything besides Rs and holds from schools since mid-August, including one from my in-state alma mater :(

Very, very fortunate and grateful for the IIs I have gotten, however. I'd be happy at any one of them :)