Mid Tier Program for Neurology with a Good stroke pathway?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riluzole

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
Being an IMG, with above average scores and some decent publications, I am hoping to get into a middle tier program for neurology, is there good mid tier program that either has extensive stroke program or has a really good influx of stroke patient which could be really good for moving to stroke pathway?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
UNC comes to mind: solid overall program but excels in stroke both in volume and in faculty (Bill Powers is chair)

Pretty much every neuro residency is stroke heavy. But check out the bible (stroke) belt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cincinnati
UT Houston
?Cleveland Clinic

These have big name stroke people there, less flashy neurology department overall. Other option, look at AHA/ASA guideline papers, see where authors who are writing them are from, and see if that would be of interest.

Cincinnati
UT Houston
?Cleveland Clinic

These have big name stroke people there, less flashy neurology department overall. Other option, look at AHA/ASA guideline papers, see where authors who are writing them are from, and see if that would be of interest.

Just FYI UCMC ie the University of Cincinnati Neurology Department has a fantastic group of attendings in nearly all specialties neuro has to offer (word renowned experts in movement, triple boarded neuromuscular attendings, strong epilepsy names, and the BEST names in stroke - you know, the guy that ran the trial that pushed TPA forward into our only stroke treatment). Cleveland Clinic not so much (Uchinko is known). I know nothing about UT Houston tbh. UCMC is very, very competitive to get into these days. Just my 2 cents.