General Admissions & OTCAS Midwest Schools MSOT 2019-2020 application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to UW-Milwaukee through their internal admissions program and heard back with a "recommendation for admittance" January 13. Just last week I was accepted through the general graduate school application. I am very excited earn my MSOT through UW-Milwaukee and I'm hoping to run into some fellow classmates here? (I have no idea when they will be reviewing and reaching out to people that applied via OTCAS but good luck to those that applied!)

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UW-Milwaukee through their internal admissions program and heard back with a "recommendation for admittance" January 13. Just last week I was accepted through the general graduate school application. I am very excited earn my MSOT through UW-Milwaukee and I'm hoping to run into some fellow classmates here? (I have no idea when they will be reviewing and reaching out to people that applied via OTCAS but good luck to those that applied!)

UW-Milwaukee is my top choice. Sounds like they will be reaching out to people in early/mid-March based on past years.

Did anyone else hear back from UW-LaCrosse today? I just got accepted!
I currently live in La Crosse and love it here! I did my undergrad at the private university here. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the area!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any news on St. Kate's? Did anyone get accepted? If so, are you planning on going? I've been placed on their alternate list for both their OTD and MSOT programs, and would appreciate any information anyone has!!

Does anyone have any news on St. Kate's? Did anyone get accepted? If so, are you planning on going? I've been placed on their alternate list for both their OTD and MSOT programs, and would appreciate any information anyone has!!
Have you tried calling to see your spot on the alternate list? I've heard that although they won't give you exact position they'll give you a general idea of where you stand. I'm on the alternate list as well + I'm hoping for good news as St. Kate's is my top choice!

Have you tried calling to see your spot on the alternate list? I've heard that although they won't give you exact position they'll give you a general idea of where you stand. I'm on the alternate list as well + I'm hoping for good news as St. Kate's is my top choice!
I have not yet- I asked right away about my rank, and they said they wouldn't know where we stand for a few weeks. I'm sure they need this time to hear back from the students they accepted, as well as those who accept or decline to stay on the wait list. I am going to call or email them for sure in a couple weeks! My college friend who is in the program said the majority of their class was on the wait list. She was in the top third and got accepted! Fingers crossed for you as well!!!

I have not yet- I asked right away about my rank, and they said they wouldn't know where we stand for a few weeks. I'm sure they need this time to hear back from the students they accepted, as well as those who accept or decline to stay on the wait list. I am going to call or email them for sure in a couple weeks! My college friend who is in the program said the majority of their class was on the wait list. She was in the top third and got accepted! Fingers crossed for you as well!!!

Apparently deposits are due on March 1st for people who were accepted, and they can tell you more about your position after that date. I just called because I was feeling impatient haha. Good luck to you too!

Apparently deposits are due on March 1st for people who were accepted, and they can tell you more about your position after that date. I just called because I was feeling impatient haha. Good luck to you too!
Thanks for telling me that! OMG I've been the most impatient person, I will be contacting them ASAP after March 1. I totally feel you!

I wonder how many people they put on the list. Did you apply to both the MAOT and OTD program, or just one?

Thanks for telling me that! OMG I've been the most impatient person, I will be contacting them ASAP after March 1. I totally feel you!

I wonder how many people they put on the list. Did you apply to both the MAOT and OTD program, or just one?
I only applied to MAOT because I didn't want to pay more to do OTD, but now I'm kind of wishing I would've done both to maybe increase my chances of getting in?? who knows

I only applied to MAOT because I didn't want to pay more to do OTD, but now I'm kind of wishing I would've done both to maybe increase my chances of getting in?? who knows
I think you should be fine, it looks like you've been accepted a lot of other places, so I'm sure you stand out! I'm not sure if it helps to apply to both or not.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got recommended for acceptance from UW-Milwaukee!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow earlier than I expected! Will you be accepting?
I’m unsure yet. I’ve also been accepted to LaCrosse and Carroll. However, I’m only debating between Carroll and Milwaukee. The costs are just so different!

I applied through OTCAS!
Thanks for the reply! I guess UW Milwaukee students go through early process..? I will see and wait for their announcement. Phew, the wait is stressing me out!!

I only applied on OTCAS!
I only applied throughout OTCAS and received an acceptance letter this week which said there will be more information on how to finish the application process with the general graduate program. I will be declining the offer, but best of luck to you :)

I was accepted to UW-Milwaukee on Friday, but turned down the spot. Hopefully someone else will get good news from them soon!

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone gotten off of the waitlist from St. Kate's? I know deposits were due on Sunday for people who were accepted first round, so I hope to hear from them soon!

has anyone gotten off of the waitlist from St. Kate's? I know deposits were due on Sunday for people who were accepted first round, so I hope to hear from them soon!
I have not! I emailed them yesterday and they mentioned they would be able to tell us some details on ranking by the end of the week. They said they're currently processing the cancelled acceptances. Hopefully that means there are plenty spots to be filled and we will hear back soon!!

I’m in! St. Kate’s just called to let me know I have moved off of the waitlist and am accepted into the MAOT program. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Are you accepting your spot?
I plan to accept unless something bizarre happens. They said I would receive the paperwork late next week. I kind of put all my eggs in one big St. Kate’s basket. It is the only program I applied for . I figured if it didn’t work out I would re-assess over the summer, take a few more pre-req’s and apply to a handful next year.

I found out yesterday that I'm now top 5 on the waitlist for St. Kate's! It is by far my top choice and I'm realllyyyyyyyyy hoping to get off of the list. In the meantime I have a deposit down at St. Scholastica!

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted to UW-Milwaukee on Monday and have accepted my spot! Feel free to message me if you will also be attending!!

Did anyone apply to UIC? Decisions should be coming out this week! I am super nervous.

I was accepted to St. Kate's OTD program Friday off the wait list! I applied to both the OTD and MAOT. If you did apply to OTD, know the list is moving! I'm sure less people applied to the doctorate program since they offer both.

I will be declining my spots held at Midwestern IL and Carroll in WI as well as removing myself from the wait lists at St. Scholastica and A.T. Still University. Have yet to hear from UW Milwaukee, but will be declining there either way.

Stay hopeful everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if UW Milwaukee is accepting in waves again this year? From what I read on here it seems the internal applicants have been offered admissions and perhaps some external through OTCAS? I was hoping to hear back from them before making a deposit at Lewis in Illinois. I'm also in top 5 on St.Kates Waitlist for MAOT and just interviewed with Marquette yesterday. Anyone have advice about putting down deposits? I am okay losing some deposits but dont want to forgo too much money.

Does anyone know if UW Milwaukee is accepting in waves again this year? From what I read on here it seems the internal applicants have been offered admissions and perhaps some external through OTCAS? I was hoping to hear back from them before making a deposit at Lewis in Illinois. I'm also in top 5 on St.Kates Waitlist for MAOT and just interviewed with Marquette yesterday. Anyone have advice about putting down deposits? I am okay losing some deposits but dont want to forgo too much money.

From my understanding, it seems like UW-Milwuakee is accepting applicants VERY slowly. I was accepted there about 2 weeks ago (I applied through OTCAS), and they only gave me a week to respond. I declined my spot.

I'm in a very similar situation to you! I'm also in the top 5 on the St. Kate's waitlist, so in the meantime I put down a deposit at St. Scholastica. My advice is to put a deposit down at your top choice school of the ones you've been accepted to while you wait to hear back about your top choice! It also doesn't hurt to email UWM to see when they'll get back to you - it could help you get an answer sooner.

It appears as if they are accepting people in waves. I was accepted last week and accepted my spot. If it’s anything like last year, some people did not find out they were denied until May.

It seems like they're accepting in waves. I was accepted Feb 19 via OTCAS (not internal) and was given a week to send in my decision. I declined.

Got accepted to UW-Milwaukee! Anyone who is familiar with this area, any thoughts on the campus? How safe is the area?

Well shoot, what a funky time to begin our graduate or doctorate programs. I hope everyone is well and doing your part. I’m just curious if anyone else in this thread is attending the MAOT program at St. Kate’s? I just paid my deposit yesterday and am super excited for the next steps, even if they turn out to be online classes for summer. We will see. Hit me up if you are in my cohort!

Well shoot, what a funky time to begin our graduate or doctorate programs. I hope everyone is well and doing your part. I’m just curious if anyone else in this thread is attending the MAOT program at St. Kate’s? I just paid my deposit yesterday and am super excited for the next steps, even if they turn out to be online classes for summer. We will see. Hit me up if you are in my cohort!

When was your deposit due for this round? I am curious to see if the waitlist will be moving soon or not.

When was your deposit due for this round? I am curious to see if the waitlist will be moving soon or not.
I was given 2 weeks from the date my letter was sent on 3/9. I was originally waitlisted in February.

I just got a call today that I was accepted off of the waitlist for the MAOT program at St. Kate's! I will be accepting, and also giving up my spot at St. Scholastica!

Reactions: 2 users
I also attended the open house in July and liked it but after I was accepted and I attended another open house in January, I felt confident in my decision to attend Carroll. Hearing from the students helped solidify my decision and I was impressed with all of the opportunities Carroll immerses you in with equine therapy and therapy at a clinic in Milwaukee as well as the collaboration with other health profession students. I think this program will push me out of my comfort zone and challenge me and I’m looking forward to attend the program this May!
Hey! I will be attending carroll as well starting this May. I agree with you that the information session allowed me to see why they have such a great program for their students. I’m so excited and hope to meet everyone soon in person

Got accepted to UW-Milwaukee! Anyone who is familiar with this area, any thoughts on the campus? How safe is the area?
I went to UW-Milwaukee for undergrad and will be going for my MSOT this fall. The campus is nice, fairly compact although I believe most of the OT classes are held in one building. The area is safe enough if you're smart. Try to limit outings alone after dark, utilize BOSS (Be On the Safe Side) if needed. I lived on the East Side for four years (now live in Germantown which is North West about 15 miles) and never had any problems other than a stolen package from our lobby. Stay far away from KATZ properties and be cautious of Weichmann Enterprises (Shoreline is nice though) if you're going to be renting an apartment in the area.

I also attended the open house in July and liked it but after I was accepted and I attended another open house in January, I felt confident in my decision to attend Carroll. Hearing from the students helped solidify my decision and I was impressed with all of the opportunities Carroll immerses you in with equine therapy and therapy at a clinic in Milwaukee as well as the collaboration with other health profession students. I think this program will push me out of my comfort zone and challenge me and I’m looking forward to attend the program this May!
I volunteer with the equine therapy program that Carroll programs with, they're amazing! Enjoy your program!

I went to UW-Milwaukee for undergrad and will be going for my MSOT this fall. The campus is nice, fairly compact although I believe most of the OT classes are held in one building. The area is safe enough if you're smart. Try to limit outings alone after dark, utilize BOSS (Be On the Safe Side) if needed. I lived on the East Side for four years (now live in Germantown which is North West about 15 miles) and never had any problems other than a stolen package from our lobby. Stay far away from KATZ properties and be cautious of Weichmann Enterprises (Shoreline is nice though) if you're going to be renting an apartment in the area.
Great, thank you so much for your insight!! I am looking into various options for living. Will keep your helpful information in mind!

I am still waiting to hear from UW-Milwaukee. Is anyone else still waiting? When did those that already got in get notified?

Good to know! I reached out to them through email to see how far along in the decision process they were, but I did not get a response.
Have you heard anything back yet? I was notified on March 3rd!

Anyone who was accepted to UW-Milwaukee know if there is a facebook page for accepted students?