Midwestern C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puggleperson55

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is all applying to Midwestern this cycle?! This is my second application cycle, but first time applying there and I will be interviewing there next week!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am applying!

I realize that we are not required to submit GRE scores for MWU, but my portal says I need to submit them in order to complete my application. Does anyone else have the same issue?

I am applying!

I realize that we are not required to submit GRE scores for MWU, but my portal says I need to submit them in order to complete my application. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Yup! My portal says the same thing about the GRE scores. I'll also be interviewing next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying!

I would call the admissions department and ask them, they required GRE scores last cycle, so I'm not sure if anyone can necessarily answer this question with anything other than: ask admissions.:shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on getting interviews!! And good luck:luck: how long after you submitted did they contact you?

Last edited:
Also... congrats guys!! Please feel free to reach out to ANYONE on campus. Honestly, everyone is so friendly and helpful! We don't know much as first yrs, but if you see any vet students in the cafeteria (during your interview days), please feel free to ask questions or say hi! Worst case scenario, you grab a first year and we don't know much... but can point you in the right direction!

GOOD LUCK!!!!:soexcited::banana:

Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions/concerns!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Also... congrats guys!! Please feel free to reach out to ANYONE on campus. Honestly, every is so friendly and helpful! We don't know much as first yrs, but if you see any vet students in the cafeteria (during your interview days), please feel free to ask questions or say hi! Worst case scenario, you grab a first year and we don't know much... but can point you in the right direction!

GOOD LUCK!!!!:soexcited::banana:
Thank you!! I am seriously SO excited! From the research I've done Midwestern seems like a great place. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Congrats on getting interviews!! And good luck:luck: how long after you submitted did they contact you?

For me, I submitted my VMCAS on 8/21, it was verified 8/23 and I got the interview invite on 8/28

Members don't see this ad :)
anxiously waiting for the "interview invite" email like :corny:

My application was put on hold for possible future interview invitation. What exactly does that mean?

My application was put on hold for possible future interview invitation. What exactly does that mean?
I just got the same email :( someone tell us what this means!!!

Probably means you’re a good candidate for them but they probably need to see who else applied since it’s before the deadline still.

I just got the same email :( someone tell us what this means!!!

Hey guys! Throughout the cycle they'll put people in a waitlist to be interviewed since you're still a really good applicant. But, they aren't sure what their applicant pool is entirely going to look like, especially since they do rolling admissions. I'm not sure ultimately how they decide to waitlist vs interview, but....

IT'S NOT A NO. IT'S NOT THE END OF THE LINE.

A friend got interview waitlisted but after her interview she was offered a seat (unsure when this was, maybe 2 weeks after the interview). I was offered an interview and then place as an alternate (waitlisted for a seat), and was called sometime in June and offered a seat.

Hey guys! Throughout the cycle they'll put people in a waitlist to be interviewed since you're still a really good applicant. But, they aren't sure what their applicant pool is entirely going to look like, especially since they do rolling admissions. I'm not sure ultimately how they decide to waitlist vs interview, but....

IT'S NOT A NO. IT'S NOT THE END OF THE LINE.

A friend got interview waitlisted but after her interview she was offered a seat (unsure when this was, maybe 2 weeks after the interview). I was offered an interview and then place as an alternate (waitlisted for a seat), and was called sometime in June and offered a seat.
ok that makes me feel a little better. thank you!

Who is all applying to Midwestern this cycle?! This is my second application cycle, but first time applying there and I will be interviewing there next week!
I will be interviewing there next week also!

I would call the admissions department and ask them, they required GRE scores last cycle, so I'm not sure if anyone can necessarily answer this question with anything other than: ask admissions.:shrug:
They are not requiring GRE scores this cycle.

Hey everyone! This is my second time applying to Midwestern (applied last year and made it through the interview stage but got placed on the Alternate List). My VMCAS app was verified yesterday and Midwestern received my application today. Super nervous and excited to hear if I'll be receiving an interview or not!

Hey guys! also applying here for first time. Second time applying overall. :) I looked on their website but couldn’t find a supplemtal app. Do they not have one?
Thanks!!

Hey guys! also applying here for first time. Second time applying overall. :) I looked on their website but couldn’t find a supplemtal app. Do they not have one?
Thanks!!
No they don’t! They’ll send you an email with info to access your student portal though where they will update info for interviews, etc.

Thanks!!
Nope, no supplemental :)

Guys, I just got an interview invite :soexcited:So excited! I scheduled for October 30th. Time to buy a suit!

Reactions: 6 users
Guys, I just got an interview invite :soexcited:So excited! I scheduled for October 30th. Time to buy a suit!
Congrats!!! :clap: What was your timeline like, from verification to interview email? Anxiously waiting over here:cat:

Congrats!!! :clap: What was your timeline like, from verification to interview email? Anxiously waiting over here:cat:
Thank you! I submitted on August 26th, was verified on August 27th, and received the interview invite in the early morning (4:28AM) today (September 18th). Good luck!

Thank you! I submitted on August 26th, was verified on August 27th, and received the interview invite in the early morning (4:28AM) today (September 18th). Good luck!
Thank you!! Good luck on your interview, so exciting :soexcited:

Another first year here, good luck on all your interview's! You guys will do fantastic! If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out :) I've also lived in Arizona for a couple of years so I can answer questions about the area and school too! Be yourself and stay calm you will all do great!

For those of you that have had interviews already, how did they go?

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow?

For those of you that have had interviews already, how did they go?

The entire process was very relaxed. We had a student panel to start off with where you could ask current students (mine was a mix of second and third year students) specific questions and they talked about their experiences at the school. We then had a tour of the school, lunch, an introduction from the financial aid office, and then a presentation at the end from the Associate Dean to talk about the program as a whole, their application process, costs, etc.

I interviewed with two faculty members and it was about 15/20 mins long or so. There wasn't really a time frame given (ie: you have 5 mins to answer this question) and was very conversational. I believe in total they asked me 3-4 questions but often would expand upon things I said. The interviewers have access to your experiences but nothing about grades/GPA, etc. We were given bios of the faculty in the morning so we had some background on them before we interviewed.

Overall, it was very welcoming and relaxed. Naturally you'll be nervous before the interview but in no way did they try to trip you up or ask "difficult" questions. It was really more to get to know you and answer any questions you might have about the school. I'd wear comfortable shoes (or bring them with you) because there is a lot of walking on the tour :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The entire process was very relaxed. We had a student panel to start off with where you could ask current students (mine was a mix of second and third year students) specific questions and they talked about their experiences at the school. We then had a tour of the school, lunch, an introduction from the financial aid office, and then a presentation at the end from the Associate Dean to talk about the program as a whole, their application process, costs, etc.

I interviewed with two faculty members and it was about 15/20 mins long or so. There wasn't really a time frame given (ie: you have 5 mins to answer this question) and was very conversational. I believe in total they asked me 3-4 questions but often would expand upon things I said. The interviewers have access to your experiences but nothing about grades/GPA, etc. We were given bios of the faculty in the morning so we had some background on them before we interviewed.

Overall, it was very welcoming and relaxed. Naturally you'll be nervous before the interview but in no way did they try to trip you up or ask "difficult" questions. It was really more to get to know you and answer any questions you might have about the school. I'd wear comfortable shoes (or bring them with you) because there is a lot of walking on the tour :)
This sounds nice! I like that they give you the interviewers info. I know it’s proper to do thank you letters after the interview, I always feared forgetting the interviewer’s names so this definitely helps!!
I’m glad it was not super intimidating for you!

Anyone that submitted closer to the VMCAS deadline heard anything yet?

Anyone that submitted closer to the VMCAS deadline heard anything yet?
I submitted 9/6 and haven’t heard anything yet aside from an email saying my application is being reviewed. I’m not super competitive so I don’t expect to hear back for awhile.

Woke up to an email this morning saying my app is on hold for more review and possible interview later on. They said to take it as a good thing so I will. It’s not a rejection!

Woke up to an email this morning saying my app is on hold for more review and possible interview later on. They said to take it as a good thing so I will. It’s not a rejection!
That sounds like good news! When did you submit your application?

Good news for you bad news for me lol. I submitted 9/6 and haven’t heard anything back after verification :cool:

No news is good news right? I don’t think they have any rhyme or reason to the order that they go through apps. I mean date of submission doesn’t seem to have any weight from what we’ve seen.

Good news for you bad news for me lol. I submitted 9/6 and haven’t heard anything back after verification :cool:
I feel your pain. I was verified 9/13 and Midwestern received all my app requirements by 9/14 and I haven't heard anything yet. The stress is killing me, especially since Midwestern is my top choice! Are you IS or OOS?

They called me tuesday!
Wow that’s great! Did they actually call to tell you that you were accepted? What day did you interview? Sorry for all the questions. I interview on September 19 and I’m just trying to get an idea of where I’m at