Midwestern C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted for interview...

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that got interview waitlisted, do you mind sharing your stats? I’m curious about how Midwestern categorizes people. I still haven’t heard anything back from them either way

Im interview waitlisted.
science: 3.17
overall 3.35
over 1300 hours of small animal (working)
600 small animal (volunteer)
30 food animal
10 research
100 equine

lots of extracurriculars because I played college volleyball, coached travel and high school volleyball, member of church youth group, lots of volunteer work.

NC resident

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application on 8/21, had my VMCAS verified on 8/23, and then received an email from them stating my application was placed on hold for a future interview. BUT I GOT AN INVITATION TO INTERVIEW TODAY!!!! anyone else interviewing on 10/31?

I also got an interview invite this past Friday!!! :soexcited:I chose the 10/31 date as well!

Congrats to all acceptances so far and anyone who is still waiting...keep your heads up! It's still incredibly early!
Anyone else hear anything??

Last edited:
I just got the email that I am interview waitlisted so for others in the same position, here are my stats

B.S Biology with Honors Graduating Fall 2018

Cum GPA: 3.38
SCI GPA: ~3.27 (I am including math grades)
Last 45 GPA: 3.43 with an up trend last semester being a 3.71

Vet experience:
-Veterinary Assistant at a very large Emergency/Specialty Hospital (3000hrs)
-Shadowing a Veterinarian at a small 2 doctor practice (624hrs)
-Observing orthopedic surgeries including TPLO, Total Hip replacement, TTA, fracture repairs (80hrs)
-Observing a board certified radiologist (80hrs)
-Shadowing at a Equine hospital and ambulatory services (30hrs)
-Shadowing a large animal vet on field calls (50hrs)

Animal experience:
Volunteer at Humane Society (240hrs)
Maine Marine Field Ecology (72hrs)

Research Experience:
Worked on a Distal Femoral Osteotomy Long Term Outcome Study with a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon - 128 hours
Working on a clean orthopedic Cephalexin Study with same surgeon - 32 hours

I just got the email that I am interview waitlisted so for others in the same position, here are my stats

B.S Biology with Honors Graduating Fall 2018

Cum GPA: 3.38
SCI GPA: ~3.27 (I am including math grades)
Last 45 GPA: 3.43 with an up trend last semester being a 3.71

Vet experience:
-Veterinary Assistant at a very large Emergency/Specialty Hospital (3000hrs)
-Shadowing a Veterinarian at a small 2 doctor practice (624hrs)
-Observing orthopedic surgeries including TPLO, Total Hip replacement, TTA, fracture repairs (80hrs)
-Observing a board certified radiologist (80hrs)
-Shadowing at a Equine hospital and ambulatory services (30hrs)
-Shadowing a large animal vet on field calls (50hrs)

Animal experience:
Volunteer at Humane Society (240hrs)
Maine Marine Field Ecology (72hrs)

Research Experience:
Worked on a Distal Femoral Osteotomy Long Term Outcome Study with a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon - 128 hours
Working on a clean orthopedic Cephalexin Study with same surgeon - 32 hours
When did you apply?

Anyone have any recent news of interview invites?
Nope, I was waitlisted for an interview the day after I submitted to VMCAS lol
So hang tight... they said they interview until March I think :yawn:

Anyone have any recent news of interview invites?
I got the notification that my application was complete on September 28th and haven't heard anything since. I imagine they send out notifications every couple of weeks. Hopefully the next wave is soon!

Last edited:
Got an interview invite today while I was at work!! Will be interviewing 10/31 and I am so excited! Hope to see some of you there! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been waitlisted? If so, when were you placed on the waitlist?

Got an interview invite today while I was at work!! Will be interviewing 10/31 and I am so excited! Hope to see some of you there! :D
Congrats! And see you there!!

Has anyone been waitlisted? If so, when were you placed on the waitlist?

My application was complete 9/11 and I was waitlisted on 9/22, haven’t heard back from them yet though! :shrug: I’ll just wait until March haha

Anyone know when we're supposed to hear back after interviews?

Anyone know when we're supposed to hear back after interviews?

When I interviewed they said that after every three interview groups the admissions committee would get together for decisions. I interviewed in the first group back in September (9/12) and I heard back in early October.

I interviewed in early Oct. and I just got the accepted student checklist on my account!

Reactions: 2 users
Same! My portal just updated to accepted and I interviewed 10/2

Reactions: 3 users
So I interviewed in October and noticed today that my portal changed and it now has the accepted checklist. Does this for sure mean that Im accepted? I just don't want to tell my family until I'm 100% sure of it. Also how long after noticing this change on the portal did you guys actually hear from admissions?

So I interviewed in October and noticed today that my portal changed and it now has the accepted checklist. Does this for sure mean that Im accepted? I just don't want to tell my family until I'm 100% sure of it. Also how long after noticing this change on the portal did you guys actually hear from admissions?

Yes, if you have the accepted students checklist you're accepted. You should have a box to pay the deposit, notification of any outstanding pre-reqs (if any), etc.

I got a call from admissions to let me know I was accepted before my portal changed. Then a couple days later my portal changed to include the accepted students checklist and maybe a day or so later I got an email from them stating my acceptance. Congrats on your acceptance!!

What day in October did you interview? I interviewed on 10/23, and they mentioned we would hear "by the end of the month", but I still haven't heard and my portal hasn't changed.

anyone else get taken off the interview waitlist??

Can anyone give me some insight as to how the interview at Midwestern was?

Can anyone give me some insight as to how the interview at Midwestern was?
I'll PM you! I'm interviewing with you tomorrow but I interviewed with Midwestern last cycle, too!

Interview Email!! Woo Hoo! I submitted 8 minutes before the VCMAS deadline. I wanted every last hour of animal experience and research I could get on the app before I submitted. My application was verified before the end of September. So 30 days from verification to an email invite is great. Most schools have emailed saying the interview cycle will start mid January. One even said Feb and March. So I was pleasantly surprised to get an invitation so early! And super happy I got one in the first place.
I lived in AZ a few years back, so I understand the summers and how expensive it is for AC!! Those electric bills are a shocker if you don't know how to regulate your AC properly. A classmate from out of state got her first electric bill for 800 dollars. She learned the hard way. So just a side note for all of you who may be moving to AZ, if you put your thermostat at 72 it will feel super cold inside compared to the 110 outside. If you put it at like 62-65 your bill will be OUTRAGEOUSLY high. Happy Interviewing all!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Interview Email!! Woo Hoo! I submitted 8 minutes before the VCMAS deadline. I wanted every last hour of animal experience and research I could get on the app before I submitted. My application was verified before the end of September. So 30 days from verification to an email invite is great. Most schools have emailed saying the interview cycle will start mid January. One even said Feb and March. So I was pleasantly surprised to get an invitation so early! And super happy I got one in the first place.
I lived in AZ a few years back, so I understand the summers and how expensive it is for AC!! Those electric bills are a shocker if you don't know how to regulate your AC properly. A classmate from out of state got her first electric bill for 800 dollars. She learned the hard way. So just a side note for all of you who may be moving to AZ, if you put your thermostat at 72 it will feel super cold inside compared to the 110 outside. If you put it at like 62-65 your bill will be OUTRAGEOUSLY high. Happy Interviewing all!!
Congrats to you!! Good luck with your interview!
Do you mind sharing some of your stats? I applied 9/6 and have yet to hear back either way.

Hi all!
So I have an interview with Midwestern University College of Veterinary Medicine in a couple weeks and I am looking for any and all advice I can get!
What are some of the questions you all were asked during your interview?
Has anyone else interviewed at MWU and could message me to give me some extra insight on the process?
Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi all!
So I have an interview with Midwestern University College of Veterinary Medicine in a couple weeks and I am looking for any and all advice I can get!
What are some of the questions you all were asked during your interview?
Has anyone else interviewed at MWU and could message me to give me some extra insight on the process?
Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you!
Literally just answered two posts up from yours.
Someone posted their interview experience a few pages back.

some people just have nothing better to do and would rather post asinine comments instead of letting others be actually helpful :eyebrow: geez..
Nope, people just don’t know how to use the search function and it gets old. There’s also a whole section on interview feedback. It gets old when people don’t do their own legwork especially when it’s been answered prior.

Nope, people just don’t know how to use the search function and it gets old. There’s also a whole section on interview feedback. It gets old when people don’t do their own legwork especially when it’s been answered prior.

Who says they didn’t already do that?Maybe someone has new information to share from a more recent interview :)

It's most fair to assume everyone is trying their best!

Congrats to you!! Good luck with your interview!
Do you mind sharing some of your stats? I applied 9/6 and have yet to hear back either way.
Hi!, Well I don't really want to put stats on a thread. I think it is a very unfair thing to do on these forums. It does nothing but make people feel bad about themselves. If their stats are worse or better than the ones they are comparing themselves too and they haven't heard back, it just causes anxiety either way. Don't compare. don't do that to yourself. You are in a very good place. You have not received a rejection letter. so your application is still being considered. That is GREAT NEWS! And they have sent rejection letters out. Grades are a piece, your experiences are a piece, and LOR and you, your answers to the essays... They are looking for a well rounded application. Take a deep breath and enjoy the journey.

Hi!, Well I don't really want to put stats on a thread. I think it is a very unfair thing to do on these forums. It does nothing but make people feel bad about themselves. If their stats are worse or better than the ones they are comparing themselves too and they haven't heard back, it just causes anxiety either way. Don't compare. don't do that to yourself. You are in a very good place. You have not received a rejection letter. so your application is still being considered. That is GREAT NEWS! And they have sent rejection letters out. Grades are a piece, your experiences are a piece, and LOR and you, your answers to the essays... They are looking for a well rounded application. Take a deep breath and enjoy the journey.
Your reasoning is so good I can’t even dispute it lol. I know that knowing others stats just makes things more agonizing, I just can’t help myself. I’m not good at the hurry up and wait thing.

Any movement from the waitlist or new interview invites? This thread seems oddly quite :ninja: