-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2017)
Started by jkong
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm flying out from LA too!
what time does your flight leave from lax? it will be my first time traveling alone out of california.
how is the weather like in chicago right now? is there snow?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was light snow yesterday ^_^ Right now, it is 38F cold. According to the forecast, there will be rain showers throughout the week and mid 40s F. Sometimes, the wind can be quite a killer! Hat and scarf are nice to have if you're planning to be in Chicago this week! and perhaps an umbrella too!!
how is the weather like in chicago right now? is there snow?
There is some snow on the ground in the suburbs right now, but that will be melting soon because of the warmer weather we will be getting. Maverickscrible is right about the wind! Wind makes the cold feel so much worse. I almost never wear a hat, but I'm a Chicago native lol. Bring a hat, scarf and gloves. No need for boots right now. Thursday shows 40% chance of rain, so I would also bring a small umbrella. Chicago winters <3 haha
There was light snow yesterday ^_^ Right now, it is 38F cold. According to the forecast, there will be rain showers throughout the week and mid 40s F. Sometimes, the wind can be quite a killer! Hat and scarf are nice to have if you're planning to be in Chicago this week! and perhaps an umbrella too!!
Thank you! 😀
There is some snow on the ground in the suburbs right now, but that will be melting soon because of the warmer weather we will be getting. Maverickscrible is right about the wind! Wind makes the cold feel so much worse. I almost never wear a hat, but I'm a Chicago native lol. Bring a hat, scarf and gloves. No need for boots right now. Thursday shows 40% chance of rain, so I would also bring a small umbrella. Chicago winters <3 haha
Thanks for the heads up! 😀
Is it hard driving? I'm gonna rent a car
Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile
I haven't driven from the airport (O'Hare) to MWU, but the drive shouldn't be too bad. It will mostly be highway driving and if it's not during rush hour, you should have no issues at all. I actually took someone to the airport today and I didn't see any construction on the local highways or near the airport. 👍
I haven't driven from the airport (O'Hare) to MWU, but the drive shouldn't be too bad. It will mostly be highway driving and if it's not during rush hour, you should have no issues at all. I actually took someone to the airport today and I didn't see any construction on the local highways or near the airport. 👍
Mm thanks I'm staying around midway. Have invited interviews at mwu, Roosevelt and Chicago state
Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile
Mm thanks I'm staying around midway. Have invited interviews at mwu, Roosevelt and Chicago state
Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile
Ah, okay. I've never been to Midway, but you should still be fine! No snow in the forecast luckily! Good luck on the interviews
Tomorrow is my interview at MWU, so excited!!!
Good luck maverickscrible! On the tour after the interview, I highly recommend asking a lot of questions to your tour guide. Prepare some tonight if you have time! I enjoyed getting the perspective of a current student
THANKS JADpharm28! I think I'm quite too "frenzied" to realize that I can prepare a list of questions to ask back ^_^
lol I know the feeling! The interview is really laid back and comfortable though. Since there are 5 other students being interviewed with you, you are able to hear some answers first before you have to say your response. That helped me a lot because I was able to gather my thoughts before speaking haha
Just relax, be confident and you should be fine 😀
Just relax, be confident and you should be fine 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an interview on the 11th...
Anyone know how its like driving from MI? Tolls? Traffic? Thanks
Anyone know how its like driving from MI? Tolls? Traffic? Thanks
How is the class schedule for year 1? Is it a straight 8-5 or do you have flexibility in choosing classes and class times?
How is the class schedule for year 1? Is it a straight 8-5 or do you have flexibility in choosing classes and class times?
http://www.midwestern.edu/main-sections/downers-grove-il-campus/block-schedules.html
Right now, it only shows the block schedule for Winter Quarter. It will change when the quarter changes. Hope this helps answer your question
Do you have any tips on how to wait patiently for the decision after the interview? MWU is my top choice and I am feeling antsy 😀
Thanks!
Thanks!
Last edited:
i think with your average stats and the fact you already had your interview, you need to comment on how well your performed in the interview.Do you have any tips on how to wait patiently for the decision after the interview? MWU is my top choice and I am feeling antsy 😀
Please speculate on my chances of acceptance?
My stats:
cumGPA 3.4
sciGPA 3.2
PCAT 70
B.S. degree 😎
solid extracurriculars and strong LORs
Thanks!
Do you have any tips on how to wait patiently for the decision after the interview? MWU is my top choice and I am feeling antsy 😀
Please speculate on my chances of acceptance?
My stats:
cumGPA 3.4
sciGPA 3.2
PCAT 70
B.S. degree 😎
solid extracurriculars and strong LORs
Thanks!
I would say you have a pretty good chance. My stats are like yours and my interview was ok. I stumbled through my first question but collected myself and got through it. I got in, and you could get in too if you did your interview well 🙂 goodluck!
The class schedule isn't too bad. This quarter it is basically a straight 9-2 schedule. (Apart from lab days when you are scheduled later) Every now and then you will have an 8 am lecture, but most people don't show up to those. What is really the killer are those blasted 7 am exams! So if you live off campus, it could be a very long day for you if you have lab!How is the class schedule for year 1? Is it a straight 8-5 or do you have flexibility in choosing classes and class times?
Also, good luck on your interviews for those that have them scheduled; those that got in Congrats!, and those waitlisted DO NOT WORRY! I hear they pull from those quite a bit!
Any one here interviewing on Feb 1st?
Any one here interviewing on Feb 1st?
I received an invite for that date, but I already have 2 interviews scheduled back to back, so I emailed admissions and asked if I can get the dates changed.
I was given a couple different dates to choose from.
I was given a couple different dates to choose from.
I was as well, but both dates I have interviews at other pharmacy schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was as well, but both dates I have interviews at other pharmacy schools.
I see.
Someone on here mentioned that the admission committee will meet sometime early Feb.
I was supposed to interview back in December, but I kept rescheduling lol
Anyone know the number of people they interview and the number accepted?
go on pharmcas
Pharmcas says they accept 550 from 711 interviewed, however the class size is 214.. Thats why I was asking.
The reason the class size is 214 instead of 550 is because not every single person who is accepted will attend MWU. I guess they have figured out over the years that about half of the accepted students will decline the offer and go to another school. I read somewhere on here that someone at MWU said they'll be in big trouble the day that every single person accepts the offer lol
The reason the class size is 214 instead of 550 is because not every single person who is accepted will attend MWU. I guess they have figured out over the years that about half of the accepted students will decline the offer and go to another school. I read somewhere on here that someone at MWU said they'll be in big trouble the day that every single person accepts the offer lol
Yea. Thanks for the clarification.
I guess for most people, Midwestern is like a "backup" school.
Yea. Thanks for the clarification.
I guess for most people, Midwestern is like a "backup" school.
Not necessarily. (MWU was my first choice 🙂 ) But in Illinois, I will admit that most people are probably hoping to get into UIC first and MWU as their back up.
Why? What's so great about UIC? I would really like to know cuz I didn't do the supplementary app.
I didn't do my supplemental for them either. I have some personal views of their undergrad that influenced my choice in that. I'm just saying, for most people, they see UIC as the "best" in Illinois. Personally, I disagree, but its a name/reputation thing...and they've been around the longest for Pharmacy
I didn't do my supplemental for them either. I have some personal views of their undergrad that influenced my choice in that. I'm just saying, for most people, they see UIC as the "best" in Illinois. Personally, I disagree, but its a name/reputation thing...and they've been around the longest for Pharmacy
Oic. I'm from Cali so I don't know about reputation in Illinois. Is UIC compare able to USC and MWU comparable to like western or worse say…California northstate? Just curious 🙂
Oic. I'm from Cali so I don't know about reputation in Illinois. Is UIC compare able to USC and MWU comparable to like western or worse say California northstate? Just curious 🙂
I really couldn't tell you because I don't know anything about CA schools. From what I've heard on this forum and from pharmacists I know, they say that with all the new schools in IL, they would hire UIC and MWU graduates first before a newer program's graduate. UIC and MWU both have great reputations in the state, but UIC is mainly known for their research. I believe that a majority of MWU graduates go on to work in retail (stats from PharmCAS).
redwood hall is the only way to go, if you plan or are open to living off campus make sure to look as close as possible because there can be some early exams (7am). Living on campus allows you to connect with current students living on campus right away and the pharmacy program in general is very social here so youll have the chance to be included from day 1 (if you want).
Oic. I'm from Cali so I don't know about reputation in Illinois. Is UIC compare able to USC and MWU comparable to like western or worse say California northstate? Just curious 🙂
I wouldnt say that comparison is remotely close. UIC and MWU are both great schools that offer slightly different things when it comes to the school, more location than anything in my opinion. and the difference in location is nothing like the difference between USC (in LA) and basically all other schools in Cali (besides SF and SD) being in the middle of nowhere desert towns. MWU is only a short drive from the city, in fact students drive or party bus from campus to the city pretty often.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current student break down the cost? Tuition, housing, meal,etc
Thanks
Thanks
Omg just landed its effing cold
you are here on the worst day we've had in a verrrrry long time. It is absolutely brutal out there!you are here on the worst day we've had in a verrrrry long time. It is absolutely brutal out there!
I only have a tshirt and windbreaker jacket
Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile
QUICK QUESTION!!
I was waitlisted at Midwestern and also sent in a letter of intent (explaining that I want to attend and repeating my volunteering/academic courses and stuff) but I dodnt receive any reply or anything... Do you guys think I should call and ask what I should do?
Does anyone know the stats of how many ppl are pulled from the waitlist??? I really want to get in 🙁
I was waitlisted at Midwestern and also sent in a letter of intent (explaining that I want to attend and repeating my volunteering/academic courses and stuff) but I dodnt receive any reply or anything... Do you guys think I should call and ask what I should do?
Does anyone know the stats of how many ppl are pulled from the waitlist??? I really want to get in 🙁
Similar threads
- Locked
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K