Midwestern CCP Housing-anyone heard anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How bad is the food?

It isn't horrible...it can just lack variety some times...

Members don't see this ad.

KARM12,
I have few questions about Midwestern curriculum. You mentioned that most courses's grades are based on projects, quizzes, exams, which is basically similar to undergraduate study. How different is the profesional study compared to undergraduate study?

Also,, have you had lots of presentations in your classes?

MWU's curriculum moves very fast. You end up taking 2 exams every week. There are a lot of labs and workshops too.

You will do a lot of presentations throughout the classes. On rotations you will do at least 2 presentations per rotation. It makes sense because having good communication skills are vital to the profession.

Do you think you can go over the pros and cons of AGO? I find out in the summer if I'm in, but I can't decide if 6 months is worth the extra money. Hopefully you can enlighten me!

please let me know if you get info on this, thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
To me AGO is worth it. I didn't do anything exciting over the summer, so it was a good choice. It ends up costing the same if you do AGO or not. They pro-rate the tuition. Too me at this point, being half way done with rotations and 5 months til graduation was totally worth it. The rest of my classmates have only done one rotation.

As an FYI...this year's current PS1 class is likely the last class that the AGO option will be offered. The curriculum is changing because of the new ACPE guidelines and AGO is likely one of the things to go for logistic reasons due to the new IPE requirements.

MWU's curriculum moves very fast. You end up taking 2 exams every week. There are a lot of labs and workshops too.

You will do a lot of presentations throughout the classes. On rotations you will do at least 2 presentations per rotation. It makes sense because having good communication skills are vital to the profession.

That is a pain!! I easily get nervous (stuttering, sweaty) on public speech. Is everyone in your school fluent on public speech?

I better to be prepared. I wish I can explore students' daily lives before school starts.

That is a pain!! I easily get nervous (stuttering, sweaty) on public speech. Is everyone in your school fluent on public speech?

Well not everyone is perfect, but you have to do it regardless.

I better to be prepared. I wish I can explore students' daily lives before school starts.

Haha, the average daily life is pretty boring. Sitting in class and then studying in the evening...

Haha, the average daily life is pretty boring. Sitting in class and then studying in the evening...

so i assume not much boozing occurs.......gotta make time for some drinking....

so i assume not much boozing occurs.......gotta make time for some drinking....

Oh no...boozing happens all the time. You will be accustom to "Thursday Night Bamboo Room Invasion." MWU's establishment of choice...go there on a Thursday night and most of the patrons are from your school.

Has anyone received housing contract package? I called Residential office two weeks ago and they told me we would receive package by end of last week.