Midwestern CCP, IL c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the email and answered my own question, but thank you! I'm interviewing on December first also!

Members don't see this ad.

just wondering how long it took to get the supplemental from midwestern?
my pharmcas was forwarded to them monday and I haven't heard anything yet - do they email you the supplemental or snail mail it?

The supplemental is e-mailed once your pharmcas is received.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have some questions/issues with prerequisites. would the interview day (obviously not the interview part itself) be an appropriate time to address this? or should i just wait to see if i get in and then talk to admissions?

i have some questions/issues with prerequisites. would the interview day (obviously not the interview part itself) be an appropriate time to address this? or should i just wait to see if i get in and then talk to admissions?

If I recall correctly from my interview there last month, they'll actually pull you aside after the interview process to ask you about any deficiencies that you may have. Atleast, that's what they did to a few of the students during my interview day.

You will be able to discuss any pre-requisite information after your interview. If you know your questions ahead of time I would ask before the interview just so you can feel prepared. It's always good to know what you are getting yourself into before you interview. Good luck!

it's coming up on 2 weeks now since they recieved my pharmcas and I know I meet all their minimum requiremenst but haven't gotten a supplemental yet - do they send the supplemental to everyone or after they weed out those who don't meet their requirements? I'm not sure if I should call or wait a bit since they're probably reviewing alot of apps right now.

I e-submitted my pharmcas on 10/24 and it was mailed out today (took about 4 weeks). My GPA was verified last week. I got the supplemental invite today from Midwestern (they do weed people out by GPA).

i just want to make sure: I thinkthe supplemental application fee for this school is $40..?? Am I correct? Can some1 verify me? Thx! :)

i'm getting a little apprehensive - my gpa was verified by pharmcas the 19th of oct and i still haven't heard anything from midwestern...is it normal for them to take this long considering they're probably working through the bulk of their apps now? based on their pharmcas page i beat their gpa and pcat minimums (by a large margin too) so I don't understand what the hold-up could be?

i'm getting a little apprehensive - my gpa was verified by pharmcas the 19th of oct and i still haven't heard anything from midwestern...is it normal for them to take this long considering they're probably working through the bulk of their apps now? based on their pharmcas page i beat their gpa and pcat minimums (by a large margin too) so I don't understand what the hold-up could be?

There could be a few reasons, but I'm only speculating here. We just finished the quarter, so they might be working on getting grades submitted and stuff. Your best bet is to contact Admissions and ask.

Hi guys, I was at the interview last Weds and they mentioned something about writing letters to our interviewers. I was kind of spacing out towards the end especially since my interview didn't go too well (i got nervous and start tripping over my words :( ) and i think they said we should mail the letters to the admissions office and they'll pass it along to the right people. is that correct? That was my first interview and it was something I never thought about, is it something that everyone does? I know that's pretty standard for job interviews, but I didn't know about admissions. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I was at the interview last Weds and they mentioned something about writing letters to our interviewers. I was kind of spacing out towards the end especially since my interview didn't go too well (i got nervous and start tripping over my words :( ) and i think they said we should mail the letters to the admissions office and they'll pass it along to the right people. is that correct? That was my first interview and it was something I never thought about, is it something that everyone does? I know that's pretty standard for job interviews, but I didn't know about admissions. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

I don't know anyone that has sent a follow up letter. I don't think it's necessary unless you really stood out to your interviewers.

hey, i just got an invite today. But I can't make it to dec 1st or the 15th due to an exam and final on those days. Am i jeopardizing my chances if I wait for a later interview date?

Also, how is the group interview like? It sounds very intimidating with group interview and how do we answer questions. Does everyone answer the same question that are being asked? Thank you!

hey, i just got an invite today. But I can't make it to dec 1st or the 15th due to an exam and final on those days. Am i jeopardizing my chances if I wait for a later interview date?

Also, how is the group interview like? It sounds very intimidating with group interview and how do we answer questions. Does everyone answer the same question that are being asked? Thank you!

The earlier you interview, the better your chances. The group interview isn't that bad. Everyone answers the same question. They'll ask someone to volunteer to answer first then they'll go in a circle or ask someone else to volunteer. It's best to answer first so you dont risk someone else having the same answer as you before your turn.

Just got an interview invite today... i scheduled on Jan 5. Anyone else going for interview?

The earlier you interview, the better your chances. The group interview isn't that bad. Everyone answers the same question. They'll ask someone to volunteer to answer first then they'll go in a circle or ask someone else to volunteer. It's best to answer first so you dont risk someone else having the same answer as you before your turn.

How many individuals in a group?

Just got an interview invite today... i scheduled on Jan 5. Anyone else going for interview?

I'll be going on Jan 5! Where/when are you coming? I'm coming from Los Angeles, so I'll probably be there earlier and stay a bit later just to sight-see. :D I'm also thinking about visiting NYC too afterward. (If you can't tell, I have never been to the Midwest/East Coast). lol

I just checked my portal and I saw the accepted student checklist, I guess I'm in. I'm so excited!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'll be going on Jan 5! Where/when are you coming? I'm coming from Los Angeles, so I'll probably be there earlier and stay a bit later just to sight-see. :D I'm also thinking about visiting NYC too afterward. (If you can't tell, I have never been to the Midwest/East Coast). lol

I will be coming from Minnesota, so am hoping to be there by Jan 4. I am a bit nervous since its my first interview but i hope it goes well. Nway do you have any suggestion on a convinient hotel to stay? i mean closer to the school and reasonable price.

I will be coming from Minnesota, so am hoping to be there by Jan 4. I am a bit nervous since its my first interview but i hope it goes well. Nway do you have any suggestion on a convinient hotel to stay? i mean closer to the school and reasonable price.

I'm so sorry but I'll be staying at a friend's apartment so I have no idea! Sorry! :(

I'm so sorry but I'll be staying at a friend's apartment so I have no idea! Sorry! :(

Thats fine. thanks. I guess i will figure it out by then.

Midwestern is not my first choice though, because of the tuition. Am praying to get in UMN. :xf:

Thats fine. thanks. I guess i will figure it out by then.

Midwestern is not my first choice though, because of the tuition. Am praying to get in UMN. :xf:

I stayed at comfort inn, it's around $49/night. It's not bad at all and they have a complementary shuttle service that takes u to MWU and back. I'd recommend it. Good luck!

I stayed at comfort inn, it's around $49/night. It's not bad at all and they have a complementary shuttle service that takes u to MWU and back. I'd recommend it. Good luck!

Thats sounds perfect deal. Problem solved. Thanks for the info.

congrats!! when did you interview?

Thanks! I interviewed on Nov. 17th. I was kind of suprised at how quickly they arrived at a decision, it only took about two weeks. I was expecting four to eight weeks. But hey, I'm not complaining. lol

If I remember correctly from your posts, you already had the interview right? Hope it went well! :)

Thats sounds perfect deal. Problem solved. Thanks for the info.
I also stayed in the Comfort Inn. It was convenient with the shuttle. For me it came out to be $60 including the taxes and fees. Also, if you're are going to use a cab from the airport to downers grove, use American taxi (contact info in that pdf they send you in the invite email). it is way cheaper than using a cab at the cab stand. i found them pretty quick to pick up.

LOL, I'm totally procrastinating for Health Care Systems so I went on here to see if they've done the acceptances yet for the first interview dates -- & here you are too!

Anyway, acceptances should be coming out this week! I got accepted this very week last year... watch your portals or for a phone call. GL guys :luck:

LOL I see you guys were working hard while I was studying ;) jk, I'm procrastinating... plus I was wondering if anyone from the interview group on 11/17 has heard back yet! I got to meet a few of you and wanted to see how things have gone!

P.S. to anyone interviewing in the next week or so, especially if you are not from a cold area, dress warmly!

Also, why does it say CCP 14? Aren't you all interviewing for CCP '15? for a sec I thought I posted in our thread last year haha

Last edited:
I checked my portal as well on Saturday and saw that I had also recieved the student accepted checklist. I am really excited!!!

I submitted my application 11/13 and havent heard anything:confused::confused:. How many more interview dates are left?

I checked my portal as well on Saturday and saw that I had also recieved the student accepted checklist. I am really excited!!!

Congrats!

schoolpharm- did you do the tour? Congrats on the acceptance! It feels good doesn't it?

ace- it depends on your application. Interviews go until March or April I think. It took MWU only a week last year to get back to me, but they've been known to take a month or two. As long as it's completed and the check list is done you should be fine. If you're really concerned call admissions and talk to them

So I had been using this site for past 2 years for reference and finally decided to join it. I had the interview at ccp last week, but this time is killing me now, I have special bookmarks for mwu portal on my cell and pc, just keep checking it. Anyone else who interviewed Dec. 1st, please let me know as soon as you hear anything.:scared:

So I had been using this site for past 2 years for reference and finally decided to join it. I had the interview at ccp last week, but this time is killing me now, I have special bookmarks for mwu portal on my cell and pc, just keep checking it. Anyone else who interviewed Dec. 1st, please let me know as soon as you hear anything.:scared:

Is this your number one choice?

No, Not first choice, one of the top 5. It was my first interview though. I just really want to get in one good school asap because all my other choices will not be interviewing till jan or feb.

how much for an out of state plus residency IL?

Well the sheet they gave us during the interview does not have the out of state clearly defined, but illinois off campus tuition is $31,327 and adding other expenses total is estimated to be $57000 something. on campus total is $53000 something. So yea...

Yeah, I did! I really liked the campus a lot! It feels amazing, such a huge relief! :)

Congrats! Did you have the girls or guys tour? It was our first time giving the tour and we were all pretty exhausted. I'm glad you liked it!

Docss26 is right. It's an expensive school, but we're probably some of the happiest pharmacy students ever.

Congrats! Did you have the girls or guys tour? It was our first time giving the tour and we were all pretty exhausted. I'm glad you liked it!

Docss26 is right. It's an expensive school, but we're probably some of the happiest pharmacy students ever.

Thanks! I was with the guys. I know, before you guys came in, they warned us that it was finals weeks and that y'all were just coming out of exams. lol. I hope all your exams went well!

Any reason why you feel that way?

Tuition dollars being wasted (eg. the "outhouse" looking thing in front of Littlejohn) along with the lack of parking and the incompetence of the administration does not make many students happy. Are you a PS-1? Just wait, the "honeymoon" phase ends pretty quickly.

I interviewed on Dec. 1st as well. I think the interview went well, but this wait is killing me! I interviewed at Glendale as well and they got back to me less than a week later, so this is making me really nervous b/c I'd rather go to Downer's Grove.

Tuition dollars being wasted (eg. the "outhouse" looking thing in front of Littlejohn) along with the lack of parking and the incompetence of the administration does not make many students happy. Are you a PS-1? Just wait, the "honeymoon" phase ends pretty quickly.

Don't be so bitter, a lot of people I know PS 1, 2, and 3s love the school. Life is what you make of it, if you're gonna be bitter you're gonna hate everything. Yeah, it can be a massive clusterf*ck sometimes, but it's still not as bad as other places.

The outhouse thing is a seasonal thing for security to stand there because it's cold as all hell in the morning when they keep an eye on incoming traffic. It wasn't there before.

Has anyone's portal changed to acceptance that interviewed yesterday, December 15th?

I keep checking constantly since they told us that the committee is meeting today.

I have been also checking my portal since yesterday... my freind who goes to midwestern said Friday morning is the most plausible to get the status change on the portal.. Hopefully we both can get in!