You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants
Started by rockatiel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello! I'm adding Midwestern to my list for sure. Good luck to you!
Yay! I knew there would be at least one more out there. Good luck to you as well 🙂 let's keep each other updated on the process!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup!! I'm excited. Doing things slowly and not trying to overwhelm myself 🙂 Def will keep you updated!Yay! I knew there would be at least one more out there. Good luck to you as well 🙂 let's keep each other updated on the process!
I believe so. 🙂
Yayay!!I believe so. 🙂
Me too!!
I've decided to apply! The price tag scares me, but as a third-time applicant, I figure I'll give it a shot.
Did anyone else receive an interview invitation from Midwestern today?
I just found out this thread exits, haha. When did you submit your application?
@Chordata25
You have a markiplier avatar.
And are therefore automatically on my good side.
You have a markiplier avatar.
And are therefore automatically on my good side.
Wow, congrats! I haven't submitted my VMCAS yet. Hoping to get it done by September 1st, but we'll see. 😛I submitted last Thursday and got an email Friday night saying my application was complete. This is all happening so fast!
Congrats on the interview! I got an invitation to interview last Wednesday.Did anyone else receive an interview invitation from Midwestern today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Chordata25
You have a markiplier avatar.
And are therefore automatically on my good side.
Awesome! This avatar is getting me places

I submitted last Thursday and got an email Friday night saying my application was complete. This is all happening so fast!
Congrats on the interview! Now I'm really wishing my last school would hurry up with their transcripts so I can submit my application.
Congrats to you too @Vdubs03 and thank you, @LyraGardenia & @Chordata25, hope you can submit soon too!Congrats on the interview! I got an invitation to interview last Wednesday.
Wow I can't believe their already sending out interviews! I need to get everything turned in already and stop procrastinating!
Same here!I'm interviewing at Midwestern on September 2nd... I'm super nervous but excited!!
My app was finally verified and Midwestern emailed me stating they had received all of my things this past Friday (8/21). Hopefully an invite to interview is just around the corner for me as well!
Hi there. I have an interview scheduled on Sept. 1. Does anyone have any information on the research program at Midwestern?
Question, when you scheduled your interview did you notice how far in advance you were able to book it? I wasn't sure if they gave later availability.
I was able to see 3 dates when I booked mine, but there was also an option that meant, "None of these work, let me know when more dates become available".Question, when you scheduled your interview did you notice how far in advance you were able to book it? I wasn't sure if they gave later availability.
Thanks! I'm just curious as to finding good flights, IF, I get granted a interview. Here's hoping!😉
Yes, they did mine awhile back.
I applied to MidWestern too, glad to see they already started to do interviews! This is exciting! Good luck everyone! 🙂
Does MidWestern have a supplemental application that has to be completed? I don't see any supplemental application info on their website
Even though there was a supplement category in the application portal, there wasn't a supplement for me to fill out either.Does MidWestern have a supplemental application that has to be completed? I don't see any supplemental application info on their website
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying as well! Can't submit until my last elor has submitted and he was having trouble with his username and password and logging on. So, have to call vmcas, again, and wait on hold..again lol.
Does midwestern have their c/o 2019 stats up yet? Or is that something that comes later
I emailed them about this months ago and they told me should be up at the end of Aug., but I keep checking and nothing is there yet!
I know it was pretty low the first year but I know they're new. But from the past posts I am excited to apply there! I like that they're doing rolling admissions. Less waiting lol
Are you IS?
Oh yeah thats right! I was just wondering since you visited
Was there a stat for how many applied last year?
I was very impressed as well. And the faculty and admissions staff that I got to meet were just amazing! Everyone made me feel right at home! I love their hands-on and simulation teaching methods. I really think it will add greatly to the preparedness of students when we graduate! Hoping I get accepted!
You just had your interview correct?? If so, how did it go? Was it a 30 min?I was very impressed as well. And the faculty and admissions staff that I got to meet were just amazing! Everyone made me feel right at home! I love their hands-on and simulation teaching methods. I really think it will add greatly to the preparedness of students when we graduate! Hoping I get accepted!
Yes, I had it on Tuesday. It went really well, I think. I believe the interview itself was roughly around 30 minutes. They really conduct it in such a conversational manner that I felt like we were just talking and getting to know each other. You are assigned two interviewers and called back individually. When I first walked in, I was nervous of course. But within five minutes, I felt right at home. It's not like an interrogation at all. They don't ask you any impossible questions. I feel they really are just trying to get to know each student. Just relax and tell them about yourself. You'll do fine!
Was there any current events questions or "empathetic/integrity" qs
Would you mind sharing your credentials? I am just curious as to what kind of statistics are getting interviews. Thanks!Yes, I had it on Tuesday. It went really well, I think. I believe the interview itself was roughly around 30 minutes. They really conduct it in such a conversational manner that I felt like we were just talking and getting to know each other. You are assigned two interviewers and called back individually. When I first walked in, I was nervous of course. But within five minutes, I felt right at home. It's not like an interrogation at all. They don't ask you any impossible questions. I feel they really are just trying to get to know each student. Just relax and tell them about yourself. You'll do fine!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I really didn't have any of those.Was there any current events questions or "empathetic/integrity" qs
My GPA is about 3.8 and GRE was 159 and 165.Would you mind sharing your credentials? I am just curious as to what kind of statistics are getting interviews. Thanks!
Dang! I have a 3.22 cum and 3.41 sci. Not very good gre lol
I have an interview this Wednesday (Sept 9)! I submitted my VMCAS on Aug 13 and received my invitation to interview on Aug 19. Anyone who has already interviewed have any advice for the rest of us? 🙂 good luck to everyone out there applying!
Also, did any of you have family members come with you to the interview day? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. My mom was interested in coming for the campus tour/financial aid presentation that they discussed in the interview email. I didn't know if that was allowed or not though. Obviously she would do her own thing while I was actually interviewing!