Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a Facebook page or anything for people who are going to Midwestern?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I was just curious as to when your interview was? I am also on the alternate list and would like to know what my chances are looking like..
I had my interview on January 21st! I wasn't sure where I was on the alternate list because they said they weren't ranked, i'm not sure how they choose people off of it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview on January 21st! I wasn't sure where I was on the alternate list because they said they weren't ranked, i'm not sure how they choose people off of it?
From my understanding, everytime there's a decline for matriculation, they reevaluate all the alternates based on their interview's score.

Someone from my interview group got a call this morning. I don't know how many seats are left

From my understanding, everytime there's a decline for matriculation, they reevaluate all the alternates based on their interview's score.
when I called and asked I was told they look at hours of experience and gpa nothing about the interview came up in my discussion with one of the counselors.

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point I am wondering if there are any seats left. Just the same, I suppose I will start working on my VMCAS as soon as it opens up for the next year.

I called on Friday. 100 deposits have been made, but have heard different things when it comes to the class size they are looking for 102-105 are the numbers I've been told.

I was accepted I was called yesterday, but was out of town.

Reactions: 6 users
Where are current and entering students living? Does anyone live at San Prado, San Lagos or The Enclave at Arrowhead? If anyone does, how is the noise level at each place in and outside of the apartments?

Where are current and entering students living? Does anyone live at San Prado, San Lagos or The Enclave at Arrowhead? If anyone does, how is the noise level at each place in and outside of the apartments?
I live in a house close to campus but my best friends live at San Lagos and Enclave at Arrowhead. I practically live at San Lagos because that is where we do our group studying. San Lagos is a very nice complex, it's clean and quiet with nice amenities. Biggest perk and why they can charge the most out of pretty much all apartments in the area is because it is right across the street from campus. Noise level inside depends who lives above and below you unfortunately. One friend had someone that would start exercising at like 1 am and would keep her up all night, my other friend had a single student above her that made zero noise. Outside of the apartment it is very quiet unless you are next to the pool, where there are always people and the sound of the pump. Enclave at arrowhead is also very nice and quiet, and biggest perk is that you are off of Bell which has every single store and restaurant you could possibly need. I'm not sure what size of an apartment you are looking for but my friend at Enclave lives in the three story unit so there is no one below him or above him and he really likes not having to deal with noisy neighbors. Hope that helps!

I live next to San Lagos at Sage Stone and it is very quiet. If you are sensitive to noise, I would try to get a top floor. I live on a corner so I have an older lady below me and I very rarely hear anything from the neighbor on the one side. The only noise that is annoying is the garbage truck because they drop the dumpster! Haha. Sometimes the grounds crew can be noisy with the leaf blowers, but I am not a morning person so I like to lie in bed past 7 or 8.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Just called Midwestern. The class is full but my counselor said that alternates still have a chance of getting in since some people do drop before class starts in August

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I finally got a call today!! Can't wait to meet you all!

Reactions: 7 users
I got the call today and was pulled off the alternate list. The only problem is I also got accepted to LMU back in April. I really like Midwestern but I'm just wondering about tuition and loans. Any input would be nice. I have until tomorrow to decide. To all those waiting on the list, don't give up.

Does anyone happen to know how many are left on the alternate list? I'm still hoping for a phone call

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just turned down my offer to midwestern so hopefully someone else will get a phone call today.

Congrats!

I'm still waiting myself, and quietly hoping. I feel like I must be last on the list, though.

I got the call this morning while I was at work and accepted! I look forward to seeing you all in the fall!

Don't give up hope if you are still waiting. :)

Hey everyone! I have a question, does anyone know all of the interview dates? I looked on Midwestern's website and could not find anything about actual dates of interviews. If anyone knows, that would be a big help. I also did not find any supplemental for Midwestern, is that right they do not have one?

Hey everyone! I have a question, does anyone know all of the interview dates? I looked on Midwestern's website and could not find anything about actual dates of interviews. If anyone knows, that would be a big help. I also did not find any supplemental for Midwestern, is that right they do not have one?
They have interviews continuously going on various dates until April. I don't remember when they started in the Fall. There are multiple interview dates every month.

They starting beginning of September (ish). I interviewed Sept 9 and that was the third date offered. So I would estimate Sept 1.

I was a wait list interview. I got my invite in March! Don't fret! And also, if you haven't heard anything from them by late February, send them an email showing your interested in an interview!
I got just a waitlist interview! When did you find out intially before you invite in march?? :}