Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandydp6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't see a thread for Midwestern CPG for fall 2011 matriculation yet, so here we are :)

Anyone with recent/past experiences worth noting with this school, please share!

Members don't see this ad.

yea please share some past experiences...i need help with how many reccomendations is require by the school

yea please share some past experiences...i need help with how many reccomendations is require by the school

From their website:

"Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from two professionals directly to PharmCAS. MWU-CPG will only accept letters received directly from PharmCAS. It is preferred that one letter be written by a college professor who has actually taught the applicant or a pre-health advisory committee, science professor, or a health professional who knows the applicant well."

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm submitting my supplemental today!
I received an email yesterday saying they've got the interview dates for October set...has anyone set a date?

good luck Mandy!

I picked Oct 1 for my interview. Is anyone else interviewing on that day?

good luck Mandy!

I picked Oct 1 for my interview. Is anyone else interviewing on that day?

October 1st?!? CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
I submitted my supp app today, however they won't receive my PCAT scores from PharmCAS until Monday. And even then, it will only be my January scores which were really low, so I'm not very confident I will get an interview with those scores. I retook the exam last weekend so hopefully when those scores get in they will be better :xf::xf::xf::xf:
We'll see though. How long after you submitted your supp did you get an interview invite? And what were the other dates you could choose from?

Good Luck with your PCAT Mandy

I was surprised that they interviewed early. I turned in Pharmcas on 6/23 and supplemental on 8/4. The other interview dates are Oct 4 and 2 other dates in late Oct. They're both twenty something. I don't remember the exact date.

Good Luck with your PCAT Mandy

I was surprised that they interviewed early. I turned in Pharmcas on 6/23 and supplemental on 8/4. The other interview dates are Oct 4 and 2 other dates in late Oct. They're both twenty something. I don't remember the exact date.

Well that would be pretty amazing if I could get an October interview.
I read that you're a re-applicant...did you apply to MWU last year too?

I am :)

See you Oct 1st!

Congrats to both!! I am praying I can get an october interview here. This is either my top choice or second (haven't decided yet). I'm only 20 minutes from the campus so its the only school where I could stay local.
CATION and KNGUYEN: would you guys mind sharing your stats?

Congrats to both!! I am praying I can get an october interview here. This is either my top choice or second (haven't decided yet). I'm only 20 minutes from the campus so its the only school where I could stay local.
CATION and KNGUYEN: would you guys mind sharing your stats?
Good luck!!
I live in cali but CPG is by far my #1 choice

Biochem degree in progress
GPA: 3.6
PCAT: 94

Let me know if there is anything more specific you'd like to know!

Good luck!!
I live in cali but CPG is by far my #1 choice

Biochem degree in progress
GPA: 3.6
PCAT: 94

Let me know if there is anything more specific you'd like to know!

Out of curiosity, why is Midwestern your top choice (if you live in Cali)?

Also, how long after you submitted your supp app did you receive the interview invite?
Like I was telling KNguyen, I submitted on Friday, but they're still waiting on my January PCAT scores that PharmCAS will send them tomorrow. I'm not anticipating receiving an invite with those scores as they were super low, but in the miraculous event that they do, I'm curious of the timeline.
THE OBSESSING HAS BEGUN!!!!! :laugh:

See you at the interview Cation!

My GPA is 3.4
PCAT: 80
Graduated from UC Merced in 2009 with Bachelor Of Science emphasis in Microbiology and Immunology and minor in Psychology

Members don't see this ad :)
See you at the interview Cation!

My GPA is 3.4
PCAT: 80
Graduated from UC Merced in 2009 with Bachelor Of Science emphasis in Microbiology and Immunology and minor in Psychology

Thanks for the stats guys! I'll be keeping you all posted if I'll be seeing you in October or not :xf:
Best of luck!!!!!

P.S. knguyen - Holy Guacamole you're applying to a lot of schools! Why so many????? I see you're applying to all the same schools as I am (UoP, Pacific University, USN, and MWU) plus like 9 more! I've already cut down my original list of 8 schools to 5 because of how expensive and time consuming the supplementals have been!

I applied to 7 schools in 2009 and didn't get accepted to any. So I'm just expanding my chances the second time around

i just submitted my supplemental today.

how long approx did it take before you guys received interview requests?
does anyone know if there are any interview slots still open in oct?

ahhh if only i could have submitted sooner, but it took forever for a transcript to get to pharmcas (almost 2 months) and it only had one class on it :mad: so i just got their supplemental request today.

I submitted on 8/14 and revieved the interview invite on 8/25.

Good Luck everybody!

i just submitted my supplemental today.

how long approx did it take before you guys received interview requests?
does anyone know if there are any interview slots still open in oct?

ahhh if only i could have submitted sooner, but it took forever for a transcript to get to pharmcas (almost 2 months) and it only had one class on it :mad: so i just got their supplemental request today.

I know I'm with you on this one...I actually COULD have submitted earlier, I was just apprehensive to do it because I didn't want them to review my application with my low January PCAT scores...so I was planning on waiting until my August scores came in. Then all of a sudden I changed my mind and just said oh well, they will see my new scores when they get in, which will hopefully be significantly improved.
I am hoping to still secure a seat in October too :) I submitted my supplemental on Friday, and they received my January PCAT scores from PharmCAS yesterday which made my file complete.

Hey for those who have submitted the supplemental...

On the CV/Resume it says to include hobbies/non-academic interests? Did you guys really do that?

This is probably a stupid question, but I've never seen that included on a resume before so just thought I'd ask.

Going to submit it today!!

Thanks for any response!

Planning to apply here to all the way from Miami, Florida. It's actually convenient because my uncle owns a house near Glendale and a bunch of my family live there so I can stay there for P1 if I get accepted. Planning to apply 2011 or 2012 depends on what Pre-reqs I get done.

Hey for those who have submitted the supplemental...

On the CV/Resume it says to include hobbies/non-academic interests? Did you guys really do that?

This is probably a stupid question, but I've never seen that included on a resume before so just thought I'd ask.

Going to submit it today!!

Thanks for any response!

Ummm I don't think I included anything other than the usual extra curricular type things. But if they ask, go ahead and put it!

i will probably be going on October 4 for the interview. anyone else choosing that date?

I just signed up for Oct 1 today! My first interview!!

I just signed up for Oct 1 today! My first interview!!

Well that answers my question that theres still some available! C'MONNNN INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Did you guys receive your invitations through email, and then you went on their site to schedule? Or did they send you something in the mail?

Well that answers my question that theres still some available! C'MONNNN INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Did you guys receive your invitations through email, and then you went on their site to schedule? Or did they send you something in the mail?

Yeah, invite through email and then schedule date on their site.

I just recieved a letter via mail telling me my application was put on hold. Does anyone know if there is still a chance for an interview request?

I just recieved a letter via mail telling me my application was put on hold. Does anyone know if there is still a chance for an interview request?

Via mail? Like snail mail? Does it say why? Hmmm that's interesting...I'm sure if it said it was put on hold that would mean you may still be given the opportunity for an interview, it just may not be right away.
1 - Were there any items missing in your app?
2 - If you don't mind me asking, is your GPA or PCAT low?
3 - When did you complete the supplemental?
My GPA is good, but the PCAT scores they have for me are from January and they are low, but I re-took it in August.
I wonder if I will receive a letter saying the same thing...maybe they are waiting to see if I improve on my PCAT

Via mail? Like snail mail? Does it say why? Hmmm that's interesting...I'm sure if it said it was put on hold that would mean you may still be given the opportunity for an interview, it just may not be right away.
1 - Were there any items missing in your app?
2 - If you don't mind me asking, is your GPA or PCAT low?
3 - When did you complete the supplemental?
My GPA is good, but the PCAT scores they have for me are from January and they are low, but I re-took it in August.
I wonder if I will receive a letter saying the same thing...maybe they are waiting to see if I improve on my PCAT

I submitted my completed supp app about 2 weeks ago.
The letter said my application was deemed to have merit but they are still accepting more applications. So I don't know if it's a nice way of saying to start learning how to use Mcdonald's registers or what.
My GPA is 3.7 and 70 PCAT

I submitted my completed supp app about 2 weeks ago.
The letter said my application was deemed to have merit but they are still accepting more applications. So I don't know if it's a nice way of saying to start learning how to use Mcdonald's registers or what.
My GPA is 3.7 and 70 PCAT

LOL!!! To the McDonald's part. That's weird, your stats aren't bad at all. My GPA is 3.8 but my first PCAT was 43 so if yours was put on hold I can bet mine will be too! Bummer! Just gotta keep waiting till those August scores come out and hope for some...I mean lots of improvement.

What about other stuff for you - i.e. pharmacy experience, extra curricular, volunteering, Bachelor's degree?

I'm sorry :(
Do you think you have identified the areas that needed improvement?

I definitely need to improve my interviewing skills. I had 2 interviews before and bombed it. I'm also volunteering outside of the health field

LOL!!! To the McDonald's part. That's weird, your stats aren't bad at all. My GPA is 3.8 but my first PCAT was 43 so if yours was put on hold I can bet mine will be too! Bummer! Just gotta keep waiting till those August scores come out and hope for some...I mean lots of improvement.

What about other stuff for you - i.e. pharmacy experience, extra curricular, volunteering, Bachelor's degree?

I just got out of the service a year ago so i've just completed most of the pre-reqs (no degree) and have been working as a pharm tech at CVS for a few months now. I also volunteer at the VA hospital in downtown Phoenix, not pharmacy related though. Good luck with your new scores.

i finalized my interview date as october 4!!!
and yes there are still seats left for october 1
good luck :)

I just got out of the service a year ago so i've just completed most of the pre-reqs (no degree) and have been working as a pharm tech at CVS for a few months now. I also volunteer at the VA hospital in downtown Phoenix, not pharmacy related though. Good luck with your new scores.

You and I are in the same boat :)
Good luck to you too...I have a feeling I will be receiving the same letter as you pretty soon because my stats are so similar to yours, except your PCAT is better LOL.

Got the letter today :(
Taco Bell here we come!!! (Kidding....)
As hard as it is, we just need to stay positive. It just means that we most likely won't get the early interviews, but it doesn't mean that our applications are out completely.
I guess coming from the military, we should be used to this whole waiting game, no?

Last edited:
Got the letter today :(
Taco Bell here we come!!! (Kidding....)
As hard as it is, we just need to stay positive. It just means that we most likely won't get the early interviews, but it doesn't mean that our applications are out completely.
I guess coming from the military, we should be used to this whole waiting game, no?

We should ask the admissions office why they hate veterans

We should ask the admissions office why they hate veterans

Haaaa!!!! I think they just don't dig the fact that we haven't finished a degree. So they will interview the more competitive applicants (i.e. High GPA, PCAT, and have degree) first, then re-evaluate the "others".

I saw the interview request in my online portal today and they still had space on the October 1st day.:soexcited:

So I will see you all there on that day.:thumbup: For those of you not from around Glendale, where are you planning on staying? I was thinking the comfort inn.

I saw the interview request in my online portal today and they still had space on the October 1st day.:soexcited:

So I will see you all there on that day.:thumbup: For those of you not from around Glendale, where are you planning on staying? I was thinking the comfort inn.

Sleep Inn

I checked my mail today and received the same letter! It was dated Sept 1.

But I just checked my e-mail, and they sent me an invitation for an interview! So don't lose hope!

But I just checked my e-mail, and they sent me an invitation for an interview! So don't lose hope![

REALLY?!??!? That is super weird that it happened in the same day! My letter was dated September 2nd.
Can you tell me your stats please?

Just recieved an interview invite after my application was on hold. So there is still hope.

But I just checked my e-mail, and they sent me an invitation for an interview! So don't lose hope![

REALLY?!??!? That is super weird that it happened in the same day! My letter was dated September 2nd.
Can you tell me your stats please?
pcat: 80
B.S. GPA: 2.56
M.S. GPA: 3.81

I'm sure they sent me the letter earlier, but I don't check my mail frequently. I hope you get an invite as well!