Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only 13 today. I think they said they had 30 on Friday.
Hey mandydp6, congratulations on your interview. I was just wondering, if you don't mind, what was your gpa like?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Only 13 today. I think they said they had 30 on Friday.
Hey mandydp6, congratulations on your interview. I was just wondering, if you don't mind, what was your gpa like?
O wow, very nice. Yeah, mine isn't that great. I have a 3.4 with an 81 on the pcats, I'm getting kind of nervous, and I think I'm just going to go ahead and take the october pcats just in case. Hopefully i'll hear from them Midwestern AZ and down grove.
Does anyone else want to put their head through a wall because they heard that the ad coms called applicants within a week of their interview last year? And now you've had your phone on the loudest possible setting, hoping that that phone call will come, when in reality that won't be the case? And now you find yourself typing relentlessly on an online forum, using inexplicable grammar, on the verge of tears???
AAAHHHHH!!! *head explodes*
LOL...it hasn't even been 4 days since the first interview!!!! I am right there with you, but I am forcing myself not to get too antsy because they did, afterall, say "2-6 weeks". But yes, I know we got our hopes up that it would be super-speedy since last year they did their first interview on a Friday and they found out the following Monday.
I will give it a week before I start to get antsy...lol
By the way, I know they said 2-6 weeks for a decision, but did they happen to mention to Friday's group the day that the committee would be meeting? At least if we knew that day we could get an idea of when the decisions would be made! I wish I would've asked...
LOL...it hasn't even been 4 days since the first interview!!!! I am right there with you, but I am forcing myself not to get too antsy because they did, afterall, say "2-6 weeks". But yes, I know we got our hopes up that it would be super-speedy since last year they did their first interview on a Friday and they found out the following Monday.
I will give it a week before I start to get antsy...lol
By the way, I know they said 2-6 weeks for a decision, but did they happen to mention to Friday's group the day that the committee would be meeting? At least if we knew that day we could get an idea of when the decisions would be made! I wish I would've asked...
Haha I know, but I interviewed on Friday and it was wishful thinking that they'd get back to us as quickly as they did last year. I wish I never knew that cause now I'm on pins and needles. I mean, I had no problem waiting for my PCAT scores since I knew there's inherent processing time but knowing they were able to make admissions decisions as fast as they were has got me on edge!
No, I wish I had asked them about that too. When I signed up for the interview date, the options extended till Oct. 22nd, so I'm assuming they'll make decisions based on everyone up until/after that date. I hope that's not the case since obviously that would suck for us.
Yeah I just got mine today. You guys were right, I had nothing really to worry about. Now I just got wait to find out if I get in or not lol.......which it seems like it's very stressful for everyone here on this forum. By any chance is anyone wanting to go to Midwestern AZ? Is that anyone's top school of choice?
oh nice! Yeah I'd be pretty happy to go to Midwestern AZ. Also, how long was the interview? I've heard 30 min? Is that right?
Yeah I just got mine today. You guys were right, I had nothing really to worry about. Now I just got wait to find out if I get in or not lol.......which it seems like it's very stressful for everyone here on this forum. By any chance is anyone wanting to go to Midwestern AZ? Is that anyone's top school of choice?
....😴MY GPA stats:
Science - 2.93
Non-Science - 3.02
Math - 3.46
Cum - 3.07
PCAT: 80th percentile
My GPA is low because of grades before I decided to pursue pharmacy. There was a point in my acedemic career where you can see when I moved to AZ (lived in HI before) and decided to get serious. So my grades are very good after that. I knew my GPA would be my downfall so I tried to be very well rounded with my work experience, volunteering, and pharmacy club, and have strong LORs. I was very honored to get an interview because it really shows that it's not all about your numbers but about the type of person you are. So hopefully I did well on my interview and get accepted, but there is still a part of me that thinks my lower GPA could hurt me. And if that's the case, I'll just have to take more classes and improve it. 😳
What airport are you flying into arizona at and what airline are you using. I only ask because I have an interview on the 21st as well and may have one at Midwestern?I'll see you guys on the 22nd. I have an interview at lecom bradenton on the 21st and then rush over to arizona right afterwards and hopefully not get lost. gonna be a very busy 2 days....😴
What airport are you flying into arizona at and what airline are you using. I only ask because I have an interview on the 21st as well and may have one at Midwestern?
Was your interview in AZ or Il? How many people were in the group? Also, what were your scaled scores on the PCAT?
hey heatheld,ill see you there 👍
I just got my interview invitation to MWU Az this morning 🙂🙂 they gave a lot of choices for dates, as of now: oct 21 & 22, Nov 11, 18, & 19. for someone who's been through it, i have some questions
1) how much better chance would i have for getting accepted if i interviewed earlier? from oct to nov is it a big difference? since i have an interview on nov 17 w/ Midwest Chicago, it would be nice to hear back around the same time.
2) I've never done an interview before, how exhausting are they? since i have an interview Nov 17, would it be possible to do two in one week? It would be cheaper to have 3 flights rather than 4 and I would miss less class but of course i don't want to screw myself over. Also, both Oct 22 and Nov 12 i have physics exams so i'm worried i wont study being stressed over interviews
For those of you sitting on your supplementals, hurry up! both midwesterns had great turn around time! (i submitted on weds)
Any help or advice would be appreciated, Thanks!
hey stjreiner,I set it for October 1st
hey JaySid,Hello everyone,
I'm new to the site. I have an interview at Midwestern on Thurs. Oct. 21, so any of you guys going on that day let me know 🙂

hey JaySid,
congrats on your interview.
I scheduled the interview same as yours.
![]()
Cool, congrats to you too. I have to start planning and preparing. When did you get your invite? I got mine only a few days ago. Hope to see you there 😀
hello JaySid,
i got the email invite for the interview yesterday. So I just scheduled my interview just a couple hours ago.
Yes, I really need to practice and prepare too, but I don't have a lot of times.
Are u planning to fly overthere ?
Im living in cali so I might drive there, however, I might buying the ticket if i find a good deal.
Hope to see you there too.
I decided to go with with nov 18. any recommendations on how to get around? should i rent a car? or just take taxis between airport/hotel/campus?
depends. If you want to see what phoenix is like, I recommend the car. If you are just staying overnight for the interview, there are a few hotels that have a shuttle campus.
If you are going to tour phoenix a bit, I can tell you the cool places to go.
Hi rxlea, I was wondering if there is anything fun to do at the airport lol. I'm going to be there for awhile haha.
I decided to go with with nov 18. any recommendations on how to get around? should i rent a car? or just take taxis between airport/hotel/campus?
Ummm not really...lol...just your standard airport.
Sleep 🙂
JaySid, I see you're from Stockton...are you applying to UoP as well?
I guess I will sleep there Thursday night, waiting for my flight lol
Yes I am applying there, haven't heard back yet 🙁
I'm from the Bay Area originally though.
Gotcha...congrats on your Masters. I'm interviewing there on Friday 🙂
hmm... would it be weird for me to go to the interview with my luggage? I think I would be checked out of the hotel by the time of the interview and I have no where else to put my stuff.
hmm... would it be weird for me to go to the interview with my luggage? I think I would be checked out of the hotel by the time of the interview and I have no where else to put my stuff.
Haha thanks, and congrats to you too.
I'm assuming you got a good hotel around the university. If not I can tell you guys where to stay.
Yup...staying at the Comfort Inn off March Lane...stayed there both times I went to campus before, once for the supplemental app workshop and once for the preview day. It's reasonably priced and very close 🙂
Good Luck, I hope you hear back from them soon...getting a Masters degree from them I'm sure puts you much further ahead than most applicants!
You could take the light rail one way for 1.75 to the end of the line which will cut out most of your cab ride. Or you could get an all day pass (3.00) and do the same thing but stop at some really cool restaurants/coffee places right on the rail line on your way to the hotel. As for the luggage, at UMN and UA, there were people that brought luggage and it was held in the office. Maybe Midwestern could do the same? Otherwise, the hotel desk is your best bet.
Oh cool, are there taxi cabs at the end light rail or would I have to call one?
Oh cool, are there taxi cabs at the end light rail or would I have to call one?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.