Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only 13 today. I think they said they had 30 on Friday.

Hey mandydp6, congratulations on your interview. I was just wondering, if you don't mind, what was your gpa like?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey mandydp6, congratulations on your interview. I was just wondering, if you don't mind, what was your gpa like?

Thanks! I'm not sure how well it went but I'm trying to stay positive :)
I don't mind at all telling you my GPA - it's the thing I'm most proud of! I have a 3.8 Cummulative GPA, 4.0 science.
Not-so-hot PCAT at 71.

O wow, very nice. Yeah, mine isn't that great. I have a 3.4 with an 81 on the pcats, I'm getting kind of nervous, and I think I'm just going to go ahead and take the october pcats just in case. Hopefully i'll hear from them Midwestern AZ and down grove.

Members don't see this ad :)
O wow, very nice. Yeah, mine isn't that great. I have a 3.4 with an 81 on the pcats, I'm getting kind of nervous, and I think I'm just going to go ahead and take the october pcats just in case. Hopefully i'll hear from them Midwestern AZ and down grove.

An 81 on the PCAT is outstanding, and MORE THAN sufficient for an interview at Midwestern - and most schools for that matter. Of course you can take over if you want to improve, but if you ask me, you don't need to :)
And a 3.4 GPA is also above their average GPA in recent years, so again, your numbers are definitely sufficient for an interview invite (as long as your essays aren't garbage :D)

MY GPA stats:

Science - 2.93
Non-Science - 3.02
Math - 3.46
Cum - 3.07

PCAT: 80th percentile

My GPA is low because of grades before I decided to pursue pharmacy. There was a point in my acedemic career where you can see when I moved to AZ (lived in HI before) and decided to get serious. So my grades are very good after that. I knew my GPA would be my downfall so I tried to be very well rounded with my work experience, volunteering, and pharmacy club, and have strong LORs. I was very honored to get an interview because it really shows that it's not all about your numbers but about the type of person you are. So hopefully I did well on my interview and get accepted, but there is still a part of me that thinks my lower GPA could hurt me. And if that's the case, I'll just have to take more classes and improve it. :oops:

Does anyone else want to put their head through a wall because they heard that the ad coms called applicants within a week of their interview last year? And now you've had your phone on the loudest possible setting, hoping that that phone call will come, when in reality that won't be the case? And now you find yourself typing relentlessly on an online forum, using inexplicable grammar, on the verge of tears???

AAAHHHHH!!! *head explodes*

Does anyone else want to put their head through a wall because they heard that the ad coms called applicants within a week of their interview last year? And now you've had your phone on the loudest possible setting, hoping that that phone call will come, when in reality that won't be the case? And now you find yourself typing relentlessly on an online forum, using inexplicable grammar, on the verge of tears???

AAAHHHHH!!! *head explodes*

LOL...it hasn't even been 4 days since the first interview!!!! I am right there with you, but I am forcing myself not to get too antsy because they did, afterall, say "2-6 weeks". But yes, I know we got our hopes up that it would be super-speedy since last year they did their first interview on a Friday and they found out the following Monday.
I will give it a week before I start to get antsy...lol

By the way, I know they said 2-6 weeks for a decision, but did they happen to mention to Friday's group the day that the committee would be meeting? At least if we knew that day we could get an idea of when the decisions would be made! I wish I would've asked...

LOL...it hasn't even been 4 days since the first interview!!!! I am right there with you, but I am forcing myself not to get too antsy because they did, afterall, say "2-6 weeks". But yes, I know we got our hopes up that it would be super-speedy since last year they did their first interview on a Friday and they found out the following Monday.

By the way, I know they said 2-6 weeks for a decision, but did they happen to mention to Friday's group the day that the committee would be meeting? At least if we knew that day we could get an idea of when the decisions would be made! I wish I would've asked...

They also said 2-6 weeks for a decision, but I've been checking my accepted checklist and nothing....

Haha I know, but I interviewed on Friday and it was wishful thinking that they'd get back to us as quickly as they did last year. I wish I never knew that cause now I'm on pins and needles. I mean, I had no problem waiting for my PCAT scores since I knew there's inherent processing time but knowing they were able to make admissions decisions as fast as they were has got me on edge!

No, I wish I had asked them about that too. When I signed up for the interview date, the options extended till Oct. 22nd, so I'm assuming they'll make decisions based on everyone up until/after that date. I hope that's not the case since obviously that would suck for us.

Yay, just got my interview invite! anyone going on Oct. 22??

Haha I know, but I interviewed on Friday and it was wishful thinking that they'd get back to us as quickly as they did last year. I wish I never knew that cause now I'm on pins and needles. I mean, I had no problem waiting for my PCAT scores since I knew there's inherent processing time but knowing they were able to make admissions decisions as fast as they were has got me on edge!

No, I wish I had asked them about that too. When I signed up for the interview date, the options extended till Oct. 22nd, so I'm assuming they'll make decisions based on everyone up until/after that date. I hope that's not the case since obviously that would suck for us.

I feel the same way as you...this is rough. It is so hard for me to focus on my school work right now, I just hope my GPA doesn't take a hit this semester.
I really hope they review Friday and monday's groups before the later groups in October...cuz then we'll for sure have to wait at least 3 more weeks! Yyyyyooowwsssaaasss!!! Lol we sound so spoiled...like you said, I wish I didn't know their timeline last year!!

Yeah I just got mine today. You guys were right, I had nothing really to worry about. Now I just got wait to find out if I get in or not lol.......which it seems like it's very stressful for everyone here on this forum. By any chance is anyone wanting to go to Midwestern AZ? Is that anyone's top school of choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I just got mine today. You guys were right, I had nothing really to worry about. Now I just got wait to find out if I get in or not lol.......which it seems like it's very stressful for everyone here on this forum. By any chance is anyone wanting to go to Midwestern AZ? Is that anyone's top school of choice?

It is my top choice. I live less than 20 minutes from campus, so this school will be the smartest choice for me financially.
And congrats, I told you!!!

oh nice! Yeah I'd be pretty happy to go to Midwestern AZ. Also, how long was the interview? I've heard 30 min? Is that right?

It's my first choice. ^^

I'll see you guys on the 22nd. I have an interview at lecom bradenton on the 21st and then rush over to arizona right afterwards and hopefully not get lost. gonna be a very busy 2 days :laugh:....:sleep:

MY GPA stats:

Science - 2.93
Non-Science - 3.02
Math - 3.46
Cum - 3.07

PCAT: 80th percentile

My GPA is low because of grades before I decided to pursue pharmacy. There was a point in my acedemic career where you can see when I moved to AZ (lived in HI before) and decided to get serious. So my grades are very good after that. I knew my GPA would be my downfall so I tried to be very well rounded with my work experience, volunteering, and pharmacy club, and have strong LORs. I was very honored to get an interview because it really shows that it's not all about your numbers but about the type of person you are. So hopefully I did well on my interview and get accepted, but there is still a part of me that thinks my lower GPA could hurt me. And if that's the case, I'll just have to take more classes and improve it. :oops:

Was your interview in AZ or Il? How many people were in the group? Also, what were your scaled scores on the PCAT?

I'll see you guys on the 22nd. I have an interview at lecom bradenton on the 21st and then rush over to arizona right afterwards and hopefully not get lost. gonna be a very busy 2 days :laugh:....:sleep:
What airport are you flying into arizona at and what airline are you using. I only ask because I have an interview on the 21st as well and may have one at Midwestern?

What airport are you flying into arizona at and what airline are you using. I only ask because I have an interview on the 21st as well and may have one at Midwestern?

I'm flying US airways from tampa

Was your interview in AZ or Il? How many people were in the group? Also, what were your scaled scores on the PCAT?

It was in AZ, there were 13 people in my group but 30 people on the Friday before. And scaled scores... I'd rather not say. :) Just did really good in verbal, really bad in quantative, and average in about everything else.

ill see you there :thumbup:
hey heatheld,
congrats on your intervew invite.
how long it take to get the invite once they confirmed they got
your application status completed ?
I just got an email today saying that my application is completed

I just got my interview invitation to MWU Az this morning :):) they gave a lot of choices for dates, as of now: oct 21 & 22, Nov 11, 18, & 19. for someone who's been through it, i have some questions

1) how much better chance would i have for getting accepted if i interviewed earlier? from oct to nov is it a big difference? since i have an interview on nov 17 w/ Midwest Chicago, it would be nice to hear back around the same time.

2) I've never done an interview before, how exhausting are they? since i have an interview Nov 17, would it be possible to do two in one week? It would be cheaper to have 3 flights rather than 4 and I would miss less class but of course i don't want to screw myself over. Also, both Oct 22 and Nov 12 i have physics exams so i'm worried i wont study being stressed over interviews

For those of you sitting on your supplementals, hurry up! both midwesterns had great turn around time! (i submitted on weds)

Any help or advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

I just got my interview invitation to MWU Az this morning :):) they gave a lot of choices for dates, as of now: oct 21 & 22, Nov 11, 18, & 19. for someone who's been through it, i have some questions

1) how much better chance would i have for getting accepted if i interviewed earlier? from oct to nov is it a big difference? since i have an interview on nov 17 w/ Midwest Chicago, it would be nice to hear back around the same time.

2) I've never done an interview before, how exhausting are they? since i have an interview Nov 17, would it be possible to do two in one week? It would be cheaper to have 3 flights rather than 4 and I would miss less class but of course i don't want to screw myself over. Also, both Oct 22 and Nov 12 i have physics exams so i'm worried i wont study being stressed over interviews

For those of you sitting on your supplementals, hurry up! both midwesterns had great turn around time! (i submitted on weds)

Any help or advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

I really don't know how big of a difference it would make between October and November. If you want to hear back around the same time, I would wait and take one of the November dates.
It is definitely possible to do two in one week. I mean they are long days, but it's doable - and like you said, you would save some money in airfare.
I would take the 18th or 19th depending on when you can get a flight out of Chicago.
Of course it's really up to you, though, and if you want to just get it over with, don't mind paying extra airfare, and can study for your physics exam ahead of schedule - take the October 21st date!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site. I have an interview at Midwestern on Thurs. Oct. 21, so any of you guys going on that day let me know :)

I set it for October 1st
hey stjreiner,
congrats on your interview. Hope u did well.
i just got an email to set up an interview as well. So, i scheduled it on oct, 21.
How was your interview ? can you share any thought about it ?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site. I have an interview at Midwestern on Thurs. Oct. 21, so any of you guys going on that day let me know :)
hey JaySid,
congrats on your interview.
I scheduled the interview same as yours.
:xf:

hey JaySid,
congrats on your interview.
I scheduled the interview same as yours.
:xf:

Cool, congrats to you too. I have to start planning and preparing. When did you get your invite? I got mine only a few days ago. Hope to see you there :D

Cool, congrats to you too. I have to start planning and preparing. When did you get your invite? I got mine only a few days ago. Hope to see you there :D

hello JaySid,
i got the email invite for the interview yesterday. So I just scheduled my interview just a couple hours ago.
Yes, I really need to practice and prepare too, but I don't have a lot of times.
Are u planning to fly overthere ?
Im living in cali so I might drive there, however, I might buying the ticket if i find a good deal.
Hope to see you there too.

hello JaySid,
i got the email invite for the interview yesterday. So I just scheduled my interview just a couple hours ago.
Yes, I really need to practice and prepare too, but I don't have a lot of times.
Are u planning to fly overthere ?
Im living in cali so I might drive there, however, I might buying the ticket if i find a good deal.
Hope to see you there too.

I'm going to fly, it would take me about 10 hours or so to drive. I live in NorCal.

Last edited:
I decided to go with with nov 18. any recommendations on how to get around? should i rent a car? or just take taxis between airport/hotel/campus?

I decided to go with with nov 18. any recommendations on how to get around? should i rent a car? or just take taxis between airport/hotel/campus?

depends. If you want to see what phoenix is like, I recommend the car. If you are just staying overnight for the interview, there are a few hotels that have a shuttle campus.

If you are going to tour phoenix a bit, I can tell you the cool places to go.

depends. If you want to see what phoenix is like, I recommend the car. If you are just staying overnight for the interview, there are a few hotels that have a shuttle campus.

If you are going to tour phoenix a bit, I can tell you the cool places to go.

Hi rxlea, I was wondering if there is anything fun to do at the airport lol. I'm going to be there for awhile haha.

Hi rxlea, I was wondering if there is anything fun to do at the airport lol. I'm going to be there for awhile haha.

Ummm not really...lol...just your standard airport.
Sleep :)

JaySid, I see you're from Stockton...are you applying to UoP as well?

Good choice...also because that's my birthday! HA

I would recommend renting a car if you're going to be there more than one day. Otherwise, like someone else mentioned, if you're staying somewhere close to campus and only staying one night, you could get away with taking a shuttle. The most expensive trip will be from the airport to the hotel. From Sky Harbor to the area where campus is, it will likely cost at least $50 in a taxi.

Ummm not really...lol...just your standard airport.
Sleep :)

JaySid, I see you're from Stockton...are you applying to UoP as well?

I guess I will sleep there Thursday night, waiting for my flight lol

Yes I am applying there, haven't heard back yet :(

I'm from the Bay Area originally though.

Last edited:
Gotcha...congrats on your Masters. I'm interviewing there on Friday :)

Haha thanks, and congrats to you too.

I'm assuming you got a good hotel around the university. If not I can tell you guys where to stay.

hmm... would it be weird for me to go to the interview with my luggage? I think I would be checked out of the hotel by the time of the interview and I have no where else to put my stuff.

hmm... would it be weird for me to go to the interview with my luggage? I think I would be checked out of the hotel by the time of the interview and I have no where else to put my stuff.

I think the hotel should be able to hold your luggage at the front desk.

Yes...you should be able to leave it at the hotel. I do think that would be a little weird to bring it to the interview...lol. I'm assuming you wouldn't have a rental car to put it in?

Haha thanks, and congrats to you too.

I'm assuming you got a good hotel around the university. If not I can tell you guys where to stay.

Yup...staying at the Comfort Inn off March Lane...stayed there both times I went to campus before, once for the supplemental app workshop and once for the preview day. It's reasonably priced and very close :)

Good Luck, I hope you hear back from them soon...getting a Masters degree from them I'm sure puts you much further ahead than most applicants!

Yup...staying at the Comfort Inn off March Lane...stayed there both times I went to campus before, once for the supplemental app workshop and once for the preview day. It's reasonably priced and very close :)

Good Luck, I hope you hear back from them soon...getting a Masters degree from them I'm sure puts you much further ahead than most applicants!

Oh nice, yeah that is a good place to stay. I was at preview day as well.

I'm hoping that is the case, although I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully this week.

You could take the light rail one way for 1.75 to the end of the line which will cut out most of your cab ride. Or you could get an all day pass (3.00) and do the same thing but stop at some really cool restaurants/coffee places right on the rail line on your way to the hotel. As for the luggage, at UMN and UA, there were people that brought luggage and it was held in the office. Maybe Midwestern could do the same? Otherwise, the hotel desk is your best bet.

You could take the light rail one way for 1.75 to the end of the line which will cut out most of your cab ride. Or you could get an all day pass (3.00) and do the same thing but stop at some really cool restaurants/coffee places right on the rail line on your way to the hotel. As for the luggage, at UMN and UA, there were people that brought luggage and it was held in the office. Maybe Midwestern could do the same? Otherwise, the hotel desk is your best bet.

Oh cool, are there taxi cabs at the end light rail or would I have to call one?

You'll have to call one. But, you can have them meet you at a specific time. I think they usually need like a 15 min window for dispatch depending on the time of the day. Discount Cab is pretty good about that. But, if you're gonna grab something along the rail route to eat, there are a number of restaurants I could tell you about. Or coffee. The truth is, Phoenix is a city in which you need a car. If you can get a good deal, you should drop the cash to have a car for a day. Then you can go to the really good places ;)

And honestly, after all the cab fees, it could potentially be cheaper to rent a car, if only for one day. I'm renting a car this weekend for my Stockton trip at only $19 a day. I got that discounted rate through my insurance, but even without a discount I think you can find something for less than $30.
Look around at the various car rental companies and see what you can find :)

if cabs are that expensive, then I guess i'll rent a car. If you use the corporate code that Midwestern gives for enterprise rent-a-car the grand total (including all the taxes and fees) it comes out to be $50. You could try other places but they usually tack on hefty fees for young drivers between 21-24. It seems that the corporate code waives the young driver fee. Of course if you under 21, that just sucks, no drinking or driving (separately) for you.

I'm sure Phoenix is a lot safer than the places I've lived, but I still feel wary taking public transportation/wandering around at night.

Unfortunately, my schedule works out so that I won't be in Az for more than 24 hours, but I would love suggestions on local places to grab a snack/small bite the night before (i've never been to the southwest before and love trying new things:)).