Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congraats! I haven't heard anything about the level of hardness to be honest. Just relax and by now you can use your experiences from your previous interview or interviews, (I forgot how many you had)!

Good Luck!:thumbup:

Thanks!

When midwestern get back to all of us, we can all celebrate.

Members don't see this ad.

Look on the bright side, at least you have had your interview already. With rolling admissions that's a very good thing. I'm still waiting for my PCAT scores to be sent from September 14th, so I haven't heard anything yet :mad:

I hear you, rainy days, stressing,waiting. At least you had couple interviews, I don't have anything!!!

And please do not shut up, the forum is not the same without you!

Don't humor him. Now he will never go away. Haha jk jk

wanttobepharm, why do you want a slurpee on such a cold day? You're the one with a car so you should bring me food. Hot chocolate sounds good in this kind of weather.

Members don't see this ad :)
wanttobepharm would like to know if the ppls who haven't gotten the acceptance call has a academic calendar thing in their portal.

wanttobepharm would like to know if the ppls who haven't gotten the acceptance call has a academic calendar thing in their portal.
the one on the main page under resources?

i actually dont know if i did but i do now

they must enjoy toying with us

haha I had never seen that either but found it last night... we are all being messed with by the man!!! lol JK. Probably was hackerpanda haha

yeah i see that academic calendar too, but i havent had my interview yet. so i think everyone is suppose to see it.

Members don't see this ad :)
this thread is full of stress! :scared: lol

hope everyone waiting hears something soon...

LOL this thread is full of stress! I blame our 2 superstars from Fridays interviews!!! JK panda and xtsukiyox!!! Anyways I'm sure we'll all hear soon, if anyone gets brave enough to ask when the adcoms will meet again I think we'll all love you forever!

LOL this thread is full of stress! I blame our 2 superstars from Fridays interviews!!! JK panda and xtsukiyox!!! Anyways I'm sure we'll all hear soon, if anyone gets brave enough to ask when the adcoms will meet again I think we'll all love you forever!

I would hope they meet on Thursday and Friday like last week.

Most of my stress this week is actually for all the other interviews I have to either plan flights, car rentals, and hotels for OR reschedule to future dates because they conflict with other interviews. :eek: :eek:

I would hope they meet on Thursday and Friday like last week.

Most of my stress this week is actually for all the other interviews I have to either plan flights, car rentals, and hotels for OR reschedule to future dates because they conflict with other interviews. :eek: :eek:

Man so exhausted, just flew 9 hours to MCPHS.
Let me know how your LECOM go!

I think if we all go to Midwestern, we should just call her hackerpanda. I dont even know what her real name is anymore, don't even matter to me.

Hackerpanda has been born.

I think if we all go to Midwestern, we should just call her hackerpanda. I dont even know what her real name is anymore, don't even matter to me.

Hackerpanda has been born.

WHY YOU ALL PICKIN ON PANDA?!

I guess Panda is better than fat lips. Stupid wantotobepharm! :mad: Just for that, I'm going to ask them to delay your acceptance until the end of 2nd week.

WHY YOU ALL PICKIN ON PANDA?!

I guess Panda is better than fat lips. Stupid wantotobepharm! :mad: Just for that, I'm going to ask them to delay your acceptance until the end of 2nd week.

its cool...ill just talk to UOP...haha got you

did anyone hear anything today? if nobody did I will feel a lot better!

did anyone hear anything today? if nobody did I will feel a lot better!

i heard something from Midwestern.
I heard a whole lot of neglecting....lol

dont worry bud, you are not the only one they are messin with.

Application on HOLD! Just received the letter today!! :(

i heard something from Midwestern.
I heard a whole lot of neglecting....lol

dont worry bud, you are not the only one they are messin with.

i was perfectly content waiting the 1-2 weeks then people like panda had to go and get accepted insanely fast.

what are your stats?

GPA~3.2/sGPA:3.00 PCAT 77% first time, 2nd time not received yet by PharmCAS, but not pretty much close to first attempt! Bachelor in Biochemistry. PharmTech for 5 years, lots of volunteers in hospitals and other organizations.

Hey everyone. I rarely post, but I read just about everything here. Just wanted to share that I was just offered an interview :) I was really surprised because I just turned my app in a few days ago and my stats are pretty bad. At least now I should end up on the waitlist at the very least

Hey everyone. I rarely post, but I read just about everything here. Just wanted to share that I was just offered an interview :) I was really surprised because I just turned my app in a few days ago and my stats are pretty bad. At least now I should end up on the waitlist at the very least

Awesome dude! As long as you nail the interview you should be given a good shot. :thumbup:

GPA~3.2/sGPA:3.00 PCAT 77% first time, 2nd time not received yet by PharmCAS, but not pretty much close to first attempt! Bachelor in Biochemistry. PharmTech for 5 years, lots of volunteers in hospitals and other organizations.

Damn, that sucks man I'm sorry to hear that. To be honest, I have very similar stats as you and my PCAT is much lower. Not too sure why you are put on hold :(

Congratulations! Hope you have a great time at interview. I actually enjoyed my interview and thought I did pretty good when I left. Obviously not as awesome as hackerpanda so consult her if you need to get in right away :D

Application on HOLD! Just received the letter today!! :(

Well, at least you know, right? Sounds like they've made more determinations - this may be the cue for all you other waiters to give 'em a call or e-mail to inquire on your status.

Just wanted to share that I was just offered an interview :)

When'd you decide to interview? :cool: PS, welcome to the thread.

Obviously not as awesome as hackerpanda so consult her if you need to get in right away :D

Dude, hackerpanda was seriously nervous that morning. Consult wanttobepharm if you want advice in psyching out the other applicants. :p

When'd you decide to interview? :cool: PS, welcome to the thread.

Thanks :D I wanna take the Oct 21st one but my supervisors aren't going to be happy with me when I ask for time off with such short notice :(

Thanks :D I wanna take the Oct 21st one but my supervisors aren't going to be happy with me when I ask for time off with such short notice :(

If you pick Oct 22 & tell them today, that's 2 full weeks. :confused: The standard amount of notice for quitting is 2 weeks... they're really going to have a problem with 1 day?

Just wanted to contribute my info for those who are eagerly waiting as I was...

Submitted app: 10/4, 6:18 PM
Confirmation of app received: 10/5, 12:22 AM
Interview invitation: 10/7, 12:20 AM

Good luck to all! :luck:

hackerpanda is fake nervous. she appeared that way to psyche YOU GUYS out lol.

Man i seriously dug myself into a deep dark hole by submitting my resume, shes just nervous because of the questions i told her that they asked me.

What was bad about submitting your resume? I submitted mine too and now you made me nervous lol. My interview is on Oct 21.

What was bad about submitting your resume? I submitted mine too and now you made me nervous lol. My interview is on Oct 21.

no no no. its just because of 2 things
1. they dont see your files BUT they do see your resume
2. i work in pharmaceutical industry so they asked me a question about pharmaceutical stuff and FDA and bunch of other ugly things.

Thats all, not a bad thing at all, just didnt work in my favor as much as i would like LOL

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. Guess I should review my resume and think of questions they could ask me from there. Do you remember how many questions they asked total?

I still need to book a hotel. Where did you stay? I was thinking of Comfort Inn as it seems to be the cheapest option on that hotel list they gave us. Planning on using Super Shuttle for transportation from and to the airport.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. Guess I should review my resume and think of questions they could ask me from there. Do you remember how many questions they asked total?

I still need to book a hotel. Where did you stay? I was thinking of Comfort Inn as it seems to be the cheapest option on that hotel list they gave us. Planning on using Super Shuttle for transportation from and to the airport.

I stayed at country inn i think. I would suggest just using whatever that is cheapest AND most convenient.

You are going for an interview and arizona is hot as hell so make sure traveling there is as convenient as you get get.

I think they asked about 6 questions, others can chime in. You should definitely ask hackerpanda though and others, they rocked that interview.

Dude, hackerpanda was seriously nervous that morning. Consult wanttobepharm if you want advice in psyching out the other applicants. :p

Haha..I think I was the most nervous person out of the entire group interviewing on the 30th! >_< I was kinda bouncing off the walls a little just to release my anxiety. Thank goodness we were in the first panel. If I had to wait for everyone else to go in and out, I would've broke down.

Interview invitation: 10/7, 12:20 AM

What date did you pick? :luck:

I was thinking of Comfort Inn as it seems to be the cheapest option on that hotel list they gave us. Planning on using Super Shuttle for transportation from and to the airport.

You may want to use one that has a shuttle service to MWU, if Comfort Inn doesn't. There were 2 groups of applicants last time on shuttles together, one group from each "shuttle" hotel.

PS, I sent my CV - they didn't seem to have a copy of it, or weren't referring to it anyway. The associate dean's wife apparently works at the same company as me, upstairs in the office tower, in the department I used to work for. :laugh: It only came up because I mentioned the company in my response to a question, no specific resume questions.

You are going for an interview and arizona is hot as hell [...]

Actually, it's been kinda cloudy / rainy. Today has a high of 78 & last night was in the 50s. Cleared up now, though. Should be in the 80s / 90s by the next interview date if there isn't a low pressure system bringing clouds. (For reference, the interviews last week took place while the high was ~104. :smuggrin:)

AHHHHHHHHH! Adcoms must have met today! I'm in!!! Good luck to everyone else!!! Hoping u all hear good news today!

The only damper to my excitement right now is the fact that they all of a sudden have issue with one of my English courses (I did English 101 and a Comparative Literature course) and Statistics course (A heavy calculus-based probability theory course I took when I was an engineering major) when before they never said a word about it. :confused:

I imagine I can just send them a course syllabus or course description, otherwise I know what I will be doing next spring. :lame: