Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted :(

Members don't see this ad.

Upcoming Interviews
Selladore - October 24
RoverRX - October 21?
AMG CYN - ?
TheTruthLies - October 21

Alright it's official :D I signed up for the 21st and got a comfirmation email. Just talked with my pharmacy supervisors and they were willing to negotiate giving me two days off. So now I just gotta book a flight/hotel/rental car.
Hopefully I'll see some of you there

Members don't see this ad :)
The only damper to my excitement right now is the fact that they all of a sudden have issue with one of my English courses (I did English 101 and a Comparative Literature course) and Statistics course (A heavy calculus-based probability theory course I took when I was an engineering major) when before they never said a word about it. :confused:

I imagine I can just send them a course syllabus or course description, otherwise I know what I will be doing next spring. :lame:

CONGRATS!!! :)

I have similar problems with stats and english. Apparently, I'm missing .6 units for English and they didn't count the stats class I took in UCSD for some reason. -___- I'll probably email them to try and clarify things. I seriously don't want to take stats all over again or have to take another English course.

pharmer1982 said:
I imagine I can just send them a course syllabus or course description, otherwise I know what I will be doing next spring. :lame:

If you live in Phoenix & need a stats class, I can suggest a fantastic teacher, and she teaches in the evening. :D

The website does say English Comp. I got bit by the same problem with S&B - there is a list of acceptable courses, and I only took 1 (I was hoping history would count). So looks like I'm finally taking Psych 101. :rolleyes:

I'd ask 'em & send syllabus / course competencies description before you take, for sure. Ask 'em if they'll take online for your requirements, if that'd be easier. They specifically said they don't take other courses online, but I could take my 1 S&B online.

I have similar problems with stats and english. Apparently, I'm missing .6 units for English and they didn't count the stats class I took in UCSD for some reason. -___- I'll probably email them to try and clarify things. I seriously don't want to take stats all over again or have to take another English course.

0.6...? Yeah, I'd talk to them. They got back to me next business day. Offer is open for the evening stats class referral, hackerpanda, although I hope neither of you guys need it. I'd loan you an English Humanities credit if I could, I have a few to spare. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Interviews
Selladore - October 24
RoverRX - October 21
AMG CYN - ?

Anyone else so far?

I'm debating making an "accepted" list, but I can't really see any benefit to it. I'm already getting PMs for help, and I don't want anyone to feel even more bummed about waitlisted / declined. I think I'ma let the Role Call thread in Pre-Pharm fill that role. :)

Upcoming Interviews
Selladore - October 24
RoverRX - October 21
AMG CYN - ?

Anyone else so far?

I'm debating making an "accepted" list, but I can't really see any benefit to it. I'm already getting PMs for help, and I don't want anyone to feel even more bummed about waitlisted / declined. I think I'ma let the Role Call thread in Pre-Pharm fill that role. :)

All I am wondering about is what one would see if they are officially waitlisted, because I hope it wasn't what I saw on my portal page, otherwise I would have got excited for nothing. :eek:

After mitsubishi1m said he/she was accepted earlier today, I checked the portal and saw the abridged version of Accepted Student Items on the Home page (deposit was $0.00), and a list of stuff on the Accepted Student Checklist page (the Matriculation Agreement Form was not ready and told me to check back tomorrow; official transcripts from schools needed; and issues with some of my prerequisites).

I didn't get an official call or email today, so I will wait till Monday or whenever they call and then make my celebration official. To think that just yesterday night I was heavily sorting out the logistics and frequent flyer miles stuff for trips to Vermont (Oct 28th interview), Tennessee (November 2nd interview), and North Carolina (November 3rd interview). :eek:

PS: Keep fighting LM2, even if you don't get into MWU I am sure someone will take you.

Just to make a clarification, I was put on HOLD, with no interview, so this is before interview, they have not even invited me for interview yet. Just wanted to make sure, others won't mix up HOLD with waitlisted! :)

After mitsubishi1m said he/she was accepted earlier today, I checked the portal and saw the abridged version of Accepted Student Items on the Home page (deposit was $0.00), and a list of stuff on the Accepted Student Checklist page (the Matriculation Agreement Form was not ready and told me to check back tomorrow; official transcripts from schools needed; and issues with some of my prerequisites).

I believe that means you're accepted, friend. Otherwise, they wouldn't have A&R do the prereq workup, right? The deposit didn't let me pay it until the matriculation agreement was there either. There should be a bunch of tabs on the top too - student services has their own laundry list, too.

Can you plz tell me how you know that you are waitlisted??? I dont see anything in my portal. does that mean I waitlisted?

I was disappointed by not seeing anything on my portal today after seeing people who wee accepted so i finally just called and was told i was an alternate.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS!!! :)

Are you a UCSD student too?!?!?! =]

I was disappointed by not seeing anything on my portal today after seeing people who wee accepted so i finally just called and was told i was an alternate.

Thanks for replying. I ll call them tmr to see what happens. I am so nervous. i wanted to call during lunch earlier today but i left my notebook with their number at home. :(

Are you a UCSD student too?!?!?! =]

YEP! :) You're not Aryana are you? lol I know she got in Midwestern too and she's a UCSD student. The first year pharm student who talked to us was also a UCSD student. I think Midwestern likes us. :D

YEP! :) You're not Aryana are you? lol I know she got in Midwestern too and she's a UCSD student. The first year pharm student who talked to us was also a UCSD student. I think Midwestern likes us. :D

Psh, UC Socially Deprived

I guess that is better than University of Chinese Immigrants

All it matters is where we end up not where we are from!

wanttbepharm did you get accepted today?

haha, the great joy of UCSD. I mean its such a crazy school, we gotta get something in return for it >.<
And congrats on your acceptance again! =]

And oh, I'm not Aryana. haha. I'm not even sure who that is =]

haha, the great joy of UCSD. I mean its such a crazy school, we gotta get something in return for it >.<
And congrats on your acceptance again! =]

And oh, I'm not Aryana. haha. I'm not even sure who that is =]

Thanks!

Are you a current student or did you graduate already?

wanttbepharm did you get accepted today?

Sorry, literally just got home. Flying from East coast to West coast sucks.

Yes I did get accepted today. Sorry to hear your waitlist, but like others said, waitlist usually gets in! :thumbup:

Yes I did get accepted today. Sorry to hear your waitlist, but like others said, waitlist usually gets in! :thumbup:
wow!!!congrat!!!!!:thumbup:

Congraaaaaaaaaaaaats! I KNEW it!

Upcoming Interviews
Selladore - October 24
RoverRX - October 21
AMG CYN - ?

Anyone else so far?

Sorry for the late response! I chose October 21. See you guys in two weeks! :)

Upcoming Interviews
Selladore - October 24
RoverRX - October 21
AMG CYN - October 21

Anyone else? Boy, this is just 2 weeks away. I bet the first interview is the big one, though, since it's all the apps from a longer time frame.

Hey xtsukiyox, anyone starting a facebook group? just curious.
I volunteer hackerpanda, but all she cares now is shopping.

Hey xtsukiyox, anyone starting a facebook group? just curious.
I volunteer hackerpanda, but all she cares now is shopping.

And all wanttobepharm cares about is drinking WITHOUT me. I only bought one thing btw. HMPH. And yes, you will never hear the end of it.

lxwishinxstarxl, I graduated already. :p

Shouldn't it be class of 2015, not just "accepted students"? Looks like you are pursuing other applications?

ETA: also, shouldn't it just be pharma students?

80% sure I'm going there but since it's not 100%, I didn't feel like I could say class of 2015. Feel free to change it or create a new one and I'll delete mine. :)

AHHHHHHHHH! Adcoms must have met today! I'm in!!! Good luck to everyone else!!! Hoping u all hear good news today!
Congrats mitsubishi1m !
And you too Pharmer !
Good to hear more SDN folks getting in.

Congrats wanttobepharm- looks like you are on your way to being gonnabepharm.
:laugh:

Congrats to everyone accepted! It must be a great feeling! :thumb up:

For those who interviewed recently, can you share what most people (girls) wore? I know there are plenty of threads regarding interview attire, but my concern is the temperature in the 90s. I live in San Diego right next to the beach, so this is going to be interesting. I'm still planning on wearing a pants suit despite the heat. Any input is appreciated! :)

Congrats to everyone accepted! It must be a great feeling! :thumb up:

For those who interviewed recently, can you share what most people (girls) wore? I know there are plenty of threads regarding interview attire, but my concern is the temperature in the 90s. I live in San Diego right next to the beach, so this is going to be interesting. I'm still planning on wearing a pants suit despite the heat. Any input is appreciated! :)

I've seen girls wear shirt+skirt+suit jacket, or shirt+suit pants+jacket, or blouse+skirt. I think as long as it's appropriate, you can dress as temperature bearing as you want.

Just dont show up in a panda suit like hackerpanda did. I kid.

I've seen girls wear shirt+skirt+suit jacket, or shirt+suit pants+jacket, or blouse+skirt. I think as long as it's appropriate, you can dress as temperature bearing as you want.

Just dont show up in a panda suit like hackerpanda did. I kid.

hater.

Arizona at 95ish isn't as bad as you'd think - no humidity. They mostly keep you in well air conditioned rooms, except for the short walking tour, which was done before 11:00am (probably mid to high 80s by then). It'll probably be downright pleasant. You just walk from one point to the next outside, the guide didn't wax poetic much outside.

I saw pants suits, a few people (accepted even! ;)) wore blouse/skirts, I wore a shirt/vest/pants. I believe I was the only person wearing a neutral besides black (I wore brown). As long as you'd feel comfortable (not underdressed) amongst the guys in suits & ties, I think you'll be fine. I didn't see anyone from the colder states pass out in pants suits, and my interview was ~104 for a high.

PS, I did wear sunblock, although I probably didn't need it. I burn like forgotten toast on broil: way too quickly to do anything about it. :p

Hey wanttobepharm and mitsubishi1m, did you ever receive an official phone call from MWU yet?

Haha I hope not!

Even though on the portal it says we are in, I'm like HelloPanda and want that darn phone call. :cool:

Haha I hope not!

Even though on the portal it says we are in, I'm like HelloPanda and want that darn phone call. :cool:

Did you come from a quarter system school also?
I actually do need to talk to them about some of my unfulfilled requirements thats lacking 0.34 units..COME ON lol

you joined group yet?

Did you come from a quarter system school also?
I actually do need to talk to them about some of my unfulfilled requirements thats lacking 0.34 units..COME ON lol

you joined group yet?

Yeah, but since then I have had semester systems, so I experienced the best of both worlds.

I haven't joined the group yet because I want to make sure they aren't going to be sticklers about my English and Stats requirements.

Ok, so I called Admissions and they confirmed that I am accepted, so now I can do my happy dance.

As for sorting out prerequisites, the person on the phone, Rebekah Godsil, told me to email her directly about it along with any syllabi and/or course descriptions at [email protected]

Hope this helps!

Ok, so I called Admissions and they confirmed that I am accepted, so now I can do my happy dance.

As for sorting out prerequisites, the person on the phone, Rebekah Godsil, told me to email her directly about it along with any syllabi and/or course descriptions at [email protected]

Hope this helps!

Wow thought we are supposed to get a call, not call them ourselves lol.