Midwestern Glendale Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No they did not. But same day acceptances were given through a phone call

I had my interview on Oct 16th if I haven't got anything on my portal or any call, should I assume they have not yet made a decision. Should I keep waiting?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! Congrats to those who were already accepted and those who have interviews! Super exciting. I just submitted my PHARMCAS app to Midwestern and a few other schools this evening... Anyone know how long I should expect to wait before hearing anything?
Thanks!
Once you submit pharmcas it takes about 5 to 6 weeks until your gpa is verified from them. Then, you can check your Midwestern portal to see the updates, if they received it by then.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh no that's forever! Lol.
I wish I would have known that I didn't have to wait for my official pcat scores to be uploaded or I would have submitted a while ago...

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no that's forever! Lol.
I wish I would have known that I didn't have to wait for my official pcat scores to be uploaded or I would have submitted a while ago...

You should still be fine, because a lot of people decide not to attend and it moves you up on the list. I would not worry about it because now you can't really do anything, since most of this process is like a waiting game. I know Midwestern has interviews all the way until the end, and some students who are in the wait list get in the last day even. They want all 150 seats filled. Where else did you apply

I had my interview on Oct 16th if I haven't got anything on my portal or any call, should I assume they have not yet made a decision. Should I keep waiting?
I would, they said they would be letting people know what's going on this coming Friday if I remember right.

Hi all! Congrats to those who were already accepted and those who have interviews! Super exciting. I just submitted my PHARMCAS app to Midwestern and a few other schools this evening... Anyone know how long I should expect to wait before hearing anything?
Thanks!
I have the same question

You should still be fine, because a lot of people decide not to attend and it moves you up on the list. I would not worry about it because now you can't really do anything, since most of this process is like a waiting game. I know Midwestern has interviews all the way until the end, and some students who are in the wait list get in the last day even. They want all 150 seats filled. Where else did you apply

I applied to Midwestern, Roseman (Nevada), Pacific (Oregon), University of the Pacific (CA) and I will be submitting an application to U of A as well.
Thank you for the info!!! I hate waiting! lol

I am registered to take those in spring 2016.
Hi RpHCat! I had my pharmcas verified early in July and waited to apply to MWU once my pcat was posted, but I heard back within 2 days for an interview. So hang tight, I'm sure you'll hear as soon as its verified! Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else that interviewed 10/16 hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else that interviewed 10/16 hear back yet?

I interviewed 10/16 and haven't heard back yet. Were we supposed to hear back today, someone earlier in the thread replied it may be today that we hear back.

I interviewed 10/16 and haven't heard back yet. Were we supposed to hear back today, someone earlier in the thread replied it may be today that we hear back.

Waiting got to me, so I called the admissions office just to check up, hehe. The committee is reviewing the applications today, so we should be getting our decisions today sometime after 2 PM. Just keep refreshing our MW portals I suppose :wideyed:

My portal updated & my "accepted students" checklist is up! But still no call or email Not sure if I should celebrate just yet!

My portal updated & my "accepted students" checklist is up! But still no call or email Not sure if I should celebrate just yet!

Mine too!! I'm pretty sure that means we're in!! :)

Waiting got to me, so I called the admissions office just to check up, hehe. The committee is reviewing the applications today, so we should be getting our decisions today sometime after 2 PM. Just keep refreshing our MW portals I suppose :wideyed:

Where should it be updated?
Under matriculation/payment?
Or accepted student checklist?

Yes! That mean's you're in! Mine updated as well, interview was on the 16th! So excited!!!!!!

Where should it be updated?
Under matriculation/payment?
Or accepted student checklist?

When you log into your portal, and click on Accepted Student Checklist on the left, it'll show up there!

I called admissions earlier to double check and they said congrats!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Have you all completed your required prereqs already? I interviewed last week and my prerequisites were updated after my interview (which I plan on finishing by the end of the winter semester) under the pre-application link, but I have yet to see anything under the post-acceptance or accepted student checklist yet. Anyone have any ideas?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Have you all completed your required prereqs already? I interviewed last week and my prerequisites were updated after my interview (which I plan on finishing by the end of the winter semester) under the pre-application link, but I have yet to see anything under the post-acceptance or accepted student checklist yet. Anyone have any ideas?
You don't see those until you've been accepted.

You don't see those until you've been accepted.
See what? So the prequisite update means nothing? Do they not officially accept you until all your prereqs are done? This is my first year applying so I'm not completely sure about everything!

Click on "Accepted Student Checklist", does it show a bunch of green checks or red X's?

See what? So the prequisite update means nothing? Do they not officially accept you until all your prereqs are done? This is my first year applying so I'm not completely sure about everything!

The prerequisite checklist is just to let you know which classes you're still missing. The Accepted Student Checklist will only show up once you've interviewed with Midwestern and have been officially accepted for the class of 2019. If nothing shows up there, that means they haven't made a decision for you yet. You can probably give the admissions office a call to check up!

Good luck tomorrow to those of us who are interviewing! Safe travels to those coming in from out of state. At least it's not blasingly hot right now!

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck tomorrow to those of us who are interviewing! Safe travels to those coming in from out of state. At least it's not blasingly hot right now!
Yeah it was like 90+ when I interviewed, I about sweat right through my suit.

Last edited:
Hi Friends, Congratz to all who got accepted and invited to interviews.
I have just submitted the PharmCAS for this school about 2 days ago. Really nervous now.
I got Chemistry BS; I have GPA about 3.1-3.2. My PCAT is low, it just 60 percentile. Any chances for me? or you think which school should I go with higher chance?
Thank you

Hi Friends, Congratz to all who got accepted and invited to interviews.
I have just submitted the PharmCAS for this school about 2 days ago. Really nervous now.
I got Chemistry BS; I have GPA about 3.1-3.2. My PCAT is low, it just 60 percentile. Any chances for me? or you think which school should I go with higher chance?
Thank you
I think you have a pretty good chance, at least for an interview. My cGPA was ~2.8 and I was accepted.

Anyone here with a November 6th interview? It's in one week, and flights are crazy expensive! How did you guys book yours? So excited/nervous o_O :D

I interviewed 10/16. Had about 2 weeks to book tickets on expedia ahead of time, ended up to be about $200. Flew in from CA the night before and stayed at Country Inn since they have free shuttle service :) Good luck on your interview!

I interviewed 10/16. Had about 2 weeks to book tickets on expedia ahead of time, ended up to be about $200. Flew in from CA the night before and stayed at Country Inn since they have free shuttle service :) Good luck on your interview!
Thanks so much! Unfortunately, coming from Michigan, tickets are triple the price. But it's still exciting, of course!

Also interviewed on 10/16 still did not get any notice on the portal. Is it possible to find out later on?

Thanks so much! Unfortunately, coming from Michigan, tickets are triple the price. But it's still exciting, of course!

Yikes :confused: Well hopefully this interview brings you good news so you won't have to keep flying around! :) I dropped all my travel plans for interviews at back up schools after I was accepted to MWU

Also interviewed on 10/16 still did not get any notice on the portal. Is it possible to find out later on?

I'm not exactly sure. A couple people I met during the interview were told their decision would be made after fall grades come out. Have you tried calling the admissions office to check?

I'm not exactly sure. A couple people I met during the interview were told their decision would be made after fall grades come out. Have you tried calling the admissions office to check?

Oh okay, so when we update our fall grades on pharmcas you mean? It probably makes sense, since they don't know what we will get on our fall grades. I'm taking ochem 2 right now, so I'm not the only one waiting for an answer then?

Oh okay, so when we update our fall grades on pharmcas you mean? It probably makes sense, since they don't know what we will get on our fall grades. I'm taking ochem 2 right now, so I'm not the only one waiting for an answer then?

It may or may not be that as I know at least one person who got accepted that has at least three basic sciences with labs still in process this semester. The only way to know for sure is to ask.

That being said however, the dean did mention during his speech that some applications got into a hold file while they wait on additional information such as grades or a PCAT retake.

Just got accepted into my choice school so I'll be giving up my spot!

Reactions: 3 users

I agree with AstraZ! That could possibly be the reason why you haven't heard back, but best thing to do is call them. They're really nice about everything. I'm sure they're more than willing to check and see what's going on!

I am also from Michigan, I flew out using Allegiant out of Grand Rapids (where I live, luckily). It was about $460 round trip, not bad. Good luck tomorrow on your interview!

Hey all!

I'm from CPG Class of 2018. If anyone of you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to ask!

I am also from Michigan, I flew out using Allegiant out of Grand Rapids (where I live, luckily). It was about $460 round trip, not bad. Good luck tomorrow on your interview!

Oh lucky! I'm from the Metro Detroit area...so unfortunely I had to pay fly out from the Detroit airport! And thank you!!

Oh lucky! I'm from the Metro Detroit area...so unfortunely I had to pay fly out from the Detroit airport! And thank you!!
That's where I'm from originally before moving to Grand Rapids for undergrad, and honestly I would have drove if it meant saving $300-$400 dollars on flights lol.

How did everyone's interviews go?

How did everyone's interviews go?
I think it went well! Although I prepared for a lot of questions beforehand and practiced, and some of the questions they asked completely threw me off and I wasn't prepared for them. This was also my first school interview so I was freaking out a little. :confused: we will see what happens! Decisions are supposed to happen this Friday! I'm on the edge of my seat over here...don't wanna wait!