Midwestern-Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys think that the adcoms will meet again before January interviews to take a look at/ pull ppl from alternate list? Since those accepted had until 12/15 to give deposit or there may have been ppl who declined thier acceptance? ::hoping:::oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey treetop02, since you booked your flight and hotel already, you should go for it! It was very discouraging when I read that part on their website. However, I will still go to the interview and give it my all... lol... We don't really know how many people will decline their acceptances anyway... so it's better to give it a try. If you are already accepted to another school, then you don't really have to stress out about it. As for me, I haven't gotten any acceptance yet because I just started interviewing a couple days ago. :(

i have an interview on Jan 5th? Should I even bother? The thing is I bought my plane ticket and hotel already. :-(

yes, you should definitely go! at my interview in nov, i think they said it was the last interview before january interviews and there were still a lot of seats available. stay positive! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my pharmcas app 11/30. My status is not mailed. Pharmcas told me yesterday that my apps will be mailed this week. I just read that Midwestern Glendale supplemental deadline is 1/15/09. Do I have any chance of receiving a supplemental?

Last edited:
I submitted my pharmcas app 11/30. My status is not mailed. Pharmcas told me yesterday that my apps will be mailed this week. I just read that Midwestern Glendale supplemental deadline is 1/15/09. Do I have any chance of receiving a supplemental?

I know it took them about a week to send me the supplemental after receiving my PharmCAS app.

I interviewed Nov 21st and although I wasn't accepted (according to website), I haven't received anything about a denial or alternate. I want to send them a letter of intent, but don't know if I should since I might be denied. I also think that maybe they put my decision on hold till my PCAT score, because it seems my October PCAT was the reason I recently was accepted into CCP where I was also waitlisted before. Did anyone call them or going through the same thing?

I interviewed Nov 21st and although I wasn't accepted (according to website), I haven't received anything about a denial or alternate. I want to send them a letter of intent, but don't know if I should since I might be denied. I also think that maybe they put my decision on hold till my PCAT score, because it seems my October PCAT was the reason I recently was accepted into CCP where I was also waitlisted before. Did anyone call them or going through the same thing?
First, I should just call and tell them about your PCAT situation. IMO, if you got in CCP, it would be safe to assume that you got waitlisted at their sister school. What harm is it to try?

Duocsi, I wouldn't ask people to post interview questions...most schools have interviewees sign a waiver not to disclose the content of the interview. Besides, I'm sure there are countless questions that could be asked.

So who else is interviewing on Monday?

Duocsi, I wouldn't ask people to post interview questions...most schools have interviewees sign a waiver not to disclose the content of the interview. Besides, I'm sure there are countless questions that could be asked.

So who else is interviewing on Monday?

if you haven't noticed yet, there is an interview feedback on this website. :laugh:

I finally received my letter yesterday stating that I'm placed on hold for an interview. :(

when i interviewed the questions were exactly the ones on this forum. i don't think much has changed. the interviewers are pretty friendly. good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed recently? or been accepted?

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/05 heard back yet?

For those of you who recently interviewed...when did you turn your supplemental app in??? and what were your stats?:)

For those of you who recently interviewed...when did you turn your supplemental app in??? and what were your stats?:)

IowaGal, I submitted my supplemental around New Years Day - just recieved an interview invitation today, for 1/22 or 2/9.

My stats aren't only so/so. I'm a non-trad, with a cummulative (per PharmCAS) GPA or 2.7something and math/science of 3.0something. My GPA since the Clinton administration is about 3.5 (if they look at that kind of thing :rolleyes: ). PCAT composite 92 and I'll have my BGS this spring. I have very minimal experience in pharmacy, just some observation hours in retail, but have solid references and work history.

Hope that helps, at the very least it should be encouraging... :laugh:

Not yet Chuck. Hopefully we'll here good news from them soon

yay!!!:) got an interview invite today=) is anyone else going to the feb 9th interview???

yay!!!:) got an interview invite today=) is anyone else going to the feb 9th interview???
Yeah! I also just got an invite for Feb 9.See you there. God bless you as you prepare.You will do well Iowa girl.

nice job guys. Im getting nervous, I was invited for the CCP interview but im still on hold for glendale....not cool

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/05 heard back yet?

I interviewed on 1/8 and they told us that the adcom were going to meet after this thurs. interviews and send out letters soon after.

I interviewed on 1/8 and they told us that the adcom were going to meet after this thurs. interviews and send out letters soon after.

Do you mean this thursday as in today (1/15), or last thrusday (1/08). I don't think there is an interview for 1/15. Anyways, has anybody called to find out if we can hear anything from them in this week for 1/05 interview.
your information would be appreciated.

thank you

i was there on the same day, but as I remembered they said 2-3 week from Jan 8.
Correct me if I am wrong

:luck:

i was there on the same day, but as I remembered they said 2-3 week from Jan 8.
Correct me if I am wrong

:luck:

I was just reading last two interview batch response time and I found out that usually interviewees would know within 10-12 days of their interview day by clicking on their MWU interact account. May be since this is the beginning of school they may have a lot to do.

Yeah! I also just got an invite for Feb 9.See you there. God bless you as you prepare.You will do well Iowa girl.

Congrats to you both! I got an interview as well for Feb 9th. See you then!

Interview Feb 9th. here also. Good luck everyone!

has anyone started looking for a place to live yet? or if anyone knows of good places to live around the school? thanks.

I decided to put down a deposit for the dorms a couple of days ago, but I may need a backup plan just in case. To those who are attending MWU CPG, are there any apartments you'd recommend?Thanks in advance! and good luck to those who are interviewing or are waiting to hear their decisions!! :luck::luck:

Hey guys,
I just checked my applicant portal. The matriculation section and accepted student checklist is not empty anymore. :) I interviewed on Jan 5. Good luck to everyone else.

Last edited:
for those accepted, how accurate is the information in the accepted student checklist? It says that I've only completed 5 semester hours of Biology prerequisite courses and need 3 more. I've taken Physiology w/lab, Microbiology w/lab , Cell/Molecular Biology w/lab, Diversity of Organisms w/lab. Please tell me I've completed this requirement. I don't want to have to take more classes for this Spring semester which ends at the end of May and class at Midwestern starts at the beginning of June?

for those accepted, how accurate is the information in the accepted student checklist? It says that I've only completed 5 semester hours of Biology prerequisite courses and need 3 more. I've taken Physiology w/lab, Microbiology w/lab , Cell/Molecular Biology w/lab, Diversity of Organisms w/lab. Please tell me I've completed this requirement. I don't want to have to take more classes for this Spring semester which ends at the end of May and class at Midwestern starts at the beginning of June?

I would call them, ASAP. Did you take both Bio I and II? that was the essential requirement... if so don't panic, but call!

I would call them, ASAP. Did you take both Bio I and II? that was the essential requirement... if so don't panic, but call!

what's defines a biology class as Bio I and Bio II?

Same thing happened to me...Microbiology didn't count towards the requirement :(

Wow this is a big deal, wish there pharmcas page had been more specific! So does the biology requirement have to be General Biology I and II?! Does microbiology and human physiology not count? This could totally screw me if I get accepted there as I can't get into General Biology II this semester. Would they make any exception? Keep me posted on your progress with this issue!

Which of those classes counted as the 5 acceptable hours?

Which of those classes counted as the 5 acceptable hours?

It wasn't specific. I will need to contact them on Monday.
It also said I only completed 9 of the 14 required semester hours for my general education. I hope this is just a mistake.

Last edited:
Anybody here paid the deposit to hold the seat? I could not find a link that lets me do that. Please if anybody knows about this let me know.
Thank you in advance.

Anybody here paid the deposit to hold the seat? I could not find a link that lets me do that. Please if anybody knows about this let me know.
Thank you in advance.

did your matriculation agreement just show up today? wait a couple of days then it will be there. congrats on the acceptance and hope to meet you in june!

did your matriculation agreement just show up today? wait a couple of days then it will be there. congrats on the acceptance and hope to meet you in june!

Thank you for the response.

Does anybody have completion of degree on their matriculation agreement as a condition for acceptance?

Almost positive that Biology I and II are general requirements "most" schools have for acceptance. If Microbiology is a required course, schools will say so. Plus if you check out midwesterns website, they have the specific requirements on there. Hopefully you get in still man. Almost all schools require sciences to be completed before summer. Call them.

I just got an interview invitation for February 13th! Must be the last round of interviews too, phew! I didn't think I was even going to get an invite since it's been so long.

Anyone else going for an interview at Glendale for Feb 13?

Just letting you know I recieved an interview invitation on Sept. 13th. The interview is Oct. 23. Recived the Supp on Aug 14. Submitted on the 27th I think.

midwestern received pharmcas 12/08
request for supplemental 12/16
submitted supplemental 12/22
interview invite 1/13
interview! 2/9

I just got an interview invitation for February 13th! Must be the last round of interviews too, phew! I didn't think I was even going to get an invite since it's been so long.

Anyone else going for an interview at Glendale for Feb 13?

Not the last round since i am interviewing on the 16 and then there was a slot for the 19 of feb.

I'm interviewing on Feb 9 and found that the best deal of the recommended hotels was actually the Cibola Vista Resort, although it is about a 15 min drive from campus. We reserved a Junior Suite for the "Midwestern rate" of $79/night.

Can't wait!:)

does anyone know when the last last last interview date is? February seems a little early..dont you think? just wondering

it turns out that i'm short 0.3 units on 4 of my prereqs since i attended a quarter school. is the school really going to make me enroll in FOUR additional courses? is anybody else having this same issue?

it turns out that i'm short 0.3 units on 4 of my prereqs since i attended a quarter school. is the school really going to make me enroll in FOUR additional courses? is anybody else having this same issue?

i'm kind of skeptical if the checklist is really accurate. I would call their office on Monday to reevaluate the classes and tell you specifically which courses count and ask them why other courses didn't count.