Midwestern-Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed at the January 5th date... just checked the online portal and found out my acceptance! Still pulling for CCP though... :oops:

Btw: I was the short Filipino girl from Southern California (but goes to school in Michigan) who interviewed with Panel A. My partner was from Ethiopia and it was just us two. Anyone else from this date? I'm really surprised by this acceptance since I didn't feel too good after my interview (stumbled on an answer or two) and my PCAT and GPA aren't as stellar as the other earlier interviewees in this thread. I did make all three interviewers laugh a couple of times... I guess it was my good-nature?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

does anyone know how long is the writing portion at the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I am flying in for the 2/9 interview from Cali. Anyone have any hotel recommendations that may include a shuttle from the airport?? Thanks! See some of you on the 9th!

I interviewed at the January 5th date... just checked the online portal and found out my acceptance! Still pulling for CCP though... :oops:

Btw: I was the short Filipino girl from Southern California (but goes to school in Michigan) who interviewed with Panel A. My partner was from Ethiopia and it was just us two. Anyone else from this date? I'm really surprised by this acceptance since I didn't feel too good after my interview (stumbled on an answer or two) and my PCAT and GPA aren't as stellar as the other earlier interviewees in this thread. I did make all three interviewers laugh a couple of times... I guess it was my good-nature?

congrats on the acceptance!!!
the ethiopian guy? Are you talking about Ermiz?
I was the tall guy from Canada
I haven't heard back yet and my online portal is still the same
but again congrats on the acceptance!

Congrats~~~:luck::luck::luck:

Does someone interviewed on Jan 8 hear something yet?
Thanks

congrats on your acceptances! i was the indian girl from so cal that interviewed with panel a and i got accepted too! i'm just worried about my prereqs since it says i'm 0.3 units short on like 4 of them...

congrats on your acceptances! i was the indian girl from so cal that interviewed with panel a and i got accepted too! i'm just worried about my prereqs since it says i'm 0.3 units short on like 4 of them...

Congrats~~~:luck:

Which day was your interview?
Jan 5?

Thanks

My matriculation/payment page changed on 1/16 as well! Fantastic!!! I'll see everyone in June!

My interview was on Jan 5th, I was in group 1.

Has anyone heard something scince Jan. 8's interview?
:confused::confused:

By the way, is a Bachelor degree is required for admission?
Thanks

call the office for an audit of your prerequisites...I did and I found out I finished all my prerequsites even though the checklist said I didn't. Good luck.

Are they still inviting ppl to the interview?

Just curious. I just interviwed at CCP and am still waiting in CPG..thanks!

call the office for an audit of your prerequisites...I did and I found out I finished all my prerequsites even though the checklist said I didn't. Good luck.

you were right! i called them and it turns out everything is complete. wow, i was really freaking out for a bit. btw, i interviewed on january 5th! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided to put down a deposit for the dorms a couple of days ago, but I may need a backup plan just in case. To those who are attending MWU CPG, are there any apartments you'd recommend?Thanks in advance! and good luck to those who are interviewing or are waiting to hear their decisions!! :luck::luck:

can you find the housing application online or is it only provided with the acceptance mail? Can I make my deposit online or by phone now?

can you find the housing application online or is it only provided with the acceptance mail? Can I make my deposit online or by phone now?

Once you receive the acceptance letter via interact, you should be able to access many more features. There should be a "student services" tab which will allow you to click on a "housing application" link. Hope this helps!

Anyone else interviewing on Feb 13? FRIDAY THE 13TH :eek:

i was in the jan 8 interview and i found out my acceptance through the online portal on jan 16 :), i havent received the official letter yet tho.

good luck to all ^^

i was in the jan 8 interview and i found out my acceptance through the online portal on jan 16 :), i havent received the official letter yet tho.

good luck to all ^^

Congrats~~
So happy for you:luck::luck:

Would you like share your STATs?
And which Panel which group were you in?

Thanks~~

This question is for current students or anyone with the knowledge. I am accepted to MWU-cpg-class 2012. Before I matriculate in June, I am planning to go visit my family who live in another country. However, I am considering to do this during school breaks. Can you guys tell me how long the breaks are between quarters. If you can tell me the length for each quarter, I will appreciate it.
Between summer & fall quarters?
Between fall & winter?
Between winter & spring?
Between spring & summer?

Thank you

This question is for current students or anyone with the knowledge. I am accepted to MWU-cpg-class 2012. Before I matriculate in June, I am planning to go visit my family who live in another country. However, I am considering to do this during school breaks. Can you guys tell me how long the breaks are between quarters. If you can tell me the length for each quarter, I will appreciate it.
Between summer & fall quarters?
Between fall & winter?
Between winter & spring?
Between spring & summer?

Thank you

i don't know for sure but I think the biggest break is 3 weeks

so you can just have them audit your classes? also, do you mind posting your stats up..congrats on ur acceptance.

you were right! i called them and it turns out everything is complete. wow, i was really freaking out for a bit. btw, i interviewed on january 5th! ;)

i can't find the tab on the website to make my acceptance deposit. Is it $1000? How long does it take for the hard copy letter of acceptance to arrive? I haven't received the hardcopy yet. Thanks.

i can't find the tab on the website to make my acceptance deposit. Is it $1000? How long does it take for the hard copy letter of acceptance to arrive? I haven't received the hardcopy yet. Thanks.

1000 deposit. The link for the deposit should show up where the matriculation agreement is within a couple of days. You will probably receive the official letter in a week or two. Congrats on the acceptance!

Is someone interviewed on Jan 8 Panel B got accepted?
Thanks~~

:luck::luck:

Is someone interviewed on Jan 8 Panel B got accepted?
Thanks~~

:luck::luck:

I was interviewed on Jan 8th as well. I was in panel A. I got accepted as well.

Stats:
Math/Science - 3.26
Overall - 3.44
PCAT Composite - 80
Associates Degree
3 years as a tech, 2+ at a Pediactric Hospital
3+ years of volunteer work in my community

I don't have the best GPA, but my PCAT was decent and I've done stuff outside of school to make up for the GPA. I know schools say that you don't have to work in a pharmacy, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

has anyone gotten their on-campus housing granted? If so, when did you apply? If not, when do we hear back? Thanks.

I was interviewed on Jan 8th as well. I was in panel A. I got accepted as well.

Stats:
Math/Science - 3.26
Overall - 3.44
PCAT Composite - 80
Associates Degree
3 years as a tech, 2+ at a Pediactric Hospital
3+ years of volunteer work in my community

I don't have the best GPA, but my PCAT was decent and I've done stuff outside of school to make up for the GPA. I know schools say that you don't have to work in a pharmacy, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
thank you for posting your general statistics :) i have a similar profile so the fact that you got accepted gives me hope when i apply this fall :)

Interviewed Jan.8 panel B still haven't heard, nothing has changed on student checklist...

---very scared, still hopeful

for those that have been accepted and gotten the hardcopy acceptance mail, was it in a big yellow envelope or regular white envelope? Thanks.

for those that have been accepted and gotten the hardcopy acceptance mail, was it in a big yellow envelope or regular white envelope? Thanks.

regular white envelope

ABE123,
Not sure if you found out about their quarter schedule, but you can look it up on http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/, click on the MWU Academic calender... It looks like the orientation is June 3rd & 4th and you start June 8th, break is August 24th-30th, classes start again the 31st. The quarters are 10 weeks, usually with a week break between them except for the winter break it is usually 2 weeks, Dec. 23rd- Jan 3rd, class starts again on the 4th!

ABE123,
Not sure if you found out about their quarter schedule, but you can look it up on http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/, click on the MWU Academic calender... It looks like the orientation is June 3rd & 4th and you start June 8th, break is August 24th-30th, classes start again the 31st. The quarters are 10 weeks, usually with a week break between them except for the winter break it is usually 2 weeks, Dec. 23rd- Jan 3rd, class starts again on the 4th!

I figured that out after postin' the question. Thank u for takin' ur time & goin' thru their website. I hope u get in to ur school of choice.
Good luck

Gee, is it me, or is the Glendale campus get no love here as opposed to their sister school in Downer's Grove?? I thought Glendale was more stringent on GPA/PCAT, yet I am accepted here and waitlisted at the other campus... :confused:

Do any of you guys know the chances of getting pulled off from the alternate list before an interview? I wonder how many applicants got pulled from this list last year.

i am still on hold before an interview too. i know that the last interview is at the end of february..and when i called the admissions office, they said they are still inviting ppl. i have been on hold since oct 23..BUMMER!

anybody paid deposit yet? (for students accepted in january).

Last edited:
For those interviewed on/after Jan. 5th and got accepted:
First, I would like to congratulate you. My questions are

a-did u get the snail letter stating ur acceptance?

b-r u able to pay the deposit online?

Thank u
There's a button on the Accepted Student Checklist that says "Make a Payment", but everytime I click on it, I go back to the Matriculation page... is anymore getting the same problem as me??

Do any of you guys know the chances of getting pulled off from the alternate list before an interview? I wonder how many applicants got pulled from this list last year.

I'm not sure what the chances are but I was pulled off. I was waitlisted a couple months ago and got an interview invite today. The only date left is in march..which makes me wonder seeing as how most ppl are saying the last day to interview is in february

There's a button on the Accepted Student Checklist that says "Make a Payment", but everytime I click on it, I go back to the Matriculation page... is anymore getting the same problem as me??

Same problem here, but they probably haven't activated it yet. It probably will be activated once you get your official acceptance letter.

ohh...the last one is in March? I swear that when i called they said last one is in feb. Ohh well...better for us then!

good luck!

I'm not sure what the chances are but I was pulled off. I was waitlisted a couple months ago and got an interview invite today. The only date left is in march..which makes me wonder seeing as how most ppl are saying the last day to interview is in february

Oh, congrats on getting the invite! :) I guess they want to see my academic update before making a decision.

To those who were interviewed on Jan 5, or Jan 8
Did someone receive rejection, or waitlisted?

Thanks
:luck:

For those of u who have been interviewed on Jan 5th or 8th and learned ur acceptance online, have u got an official acceptance letter yet?

For those of u who have been interviewed on Jan 5th or 8th and learned ur acceptance online, have u got an official acceptance letter yet?

interviewed Jan 5, accepted on the Jan 16 on the website, and have yet to get my hardcopy acceptance letter.

interviewed Jan 5, accepted on the Jan 16 on the website, and have yet to get my hardcopy acceptance letter.
same here, treetop02. I thouoght this was unusual. I think we must first get the official acceptance letter before we pay the deposit( due 2/13) because right now there is no means of doing that on the website. I am surprised that they are reluctant to collect this money asap. I hope they don't change anything because I declined two of my interiews claiming that I have this acceptance. Anyways, congrajulations on your acceptance.

ohh...the last one is in March? I swear that when i called they said last one is in feb. Ohh well...better for us then!

good luck!

I also received an Interview invite for Glendale, about a week ago! My application was previously placed on hold for an interview as well. The interview date is March 6th! So they must still be holding interviews past Feb. They might even go up to April, so don't worry there is still time!

if you are still having trouble making your matriculation deposit online, call the admissions office and they will transfer you to the IT department to fix it. I did and they said they fixed it. Regarding the hardcopy acceptance, they said they mailed it late last week. So you should be receiving it soon if you haven't gotten it yet.

if you are still having trouble making your matriculation deposit online, call the admissions office and they will transfer you to the IT department to fix it. I did and they said they fixed it. Regarding the hardcopy acceptance, they said they mailed it late last week. So you should be receiving it soon if you haven't gotten it yet.

treetop2, u the best! I was having the same problem and called them up last week & it it is fixed now. I was just about to share this info to others but u on top of it.

Hope to c u all in June. Take care
And for those of u, who r still @ the interview process good luck.

Congrats to all of you that got in. If you have any questions about the school, PM me.

Class of 2009

Thanks blueclassring for your help.
Does anyone here know if we can still make changes to our on-campus housing? I've already filled it and submitted my deposit. I noticed the tab for the housing application on the website is no longer active. In fact, it now says on-campus housing is only available to current students and matriculated applicants. But I am a matriculated applicant. Anyways, if anyone has something different, let me know. Thanks.