Midwestern-Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any one here got accepted from UC Irvine? It says that i have completed 0 hours of the english requirement is this correct? I've taken a humanities course which is called hum core with a intensive writing series. THat does not count as english ?

Members don't see this ad.

:p OMG, I got accepted too. And I thought my interview was my worst performance.

Members don't see this ad :)
----

Last edited:
YEA! I got accepted too! Don't worry about the hours, I think they are still logging those things in for us. It may take a few days...

thanks, i hope so. Congrats to everyone that got accepted :). :thumbup: WE ARE GOING TO BE PHARMACIST :)

----

Last edited:
any one here got accepted from UC Irvine? It says that i have completed 0 hours of the english requirement is this correct? I've taken a humanities course which is called hum core with a intensive writing series. THat does not count as english ?

I graduated from UCI last year. I took the Writing 39 series so I'm not sure about humanities. Humanities definitely should count as writing though. If it doesn't get updated soon just give the admissions office a call. I've had a friend with problems about prereqs already being filled and they were helpful with it.

Congrats to all who were just accepted! Hope to see you all this June! :D

There is now an official Facebook group - Midwestern CPG class of 2012!

Thanks for making a facebook group! I'll definitely be joining it soon! :thumbup:

Congrats everyone who got it! See you in June!

for those who just got accepted, when did you interview? congrats btw!

Congrats guys!

Help us out by posting the interview questions on the interview feedback:)

I interviewed on Feb 13th. At the end of the interview a woman from admissions told us the committee was meeting on Fri Feb 20th. I checked the website on the 21st and the matriculation agreement etc were available.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
what would the matriculation page look like if you got accepted to both MWU campuses?

what would the matriculation page look like if you got accepted to both MWU campuses?

when you click on the matriculation agreement page, there is a dropdown menu that has you choose which campus you want to view.

I interviewed on Feb 13th. At the end of the interview a woman from admissions told us the committee was meeting on Fri Feb 20th. I checked the website on the 21st and the matriculation agreement etc were on available.

unavailable or available?

I forgot to mention: I spoke to an advisor last week about on-campus housing. If anyone turns in the application in January you are 99% guaranteed housing for the school year. I submitted my housing application in January, but I changed my housing preferences in February. I am hoping what she says is true. Plus, i'm the type of person who likes to leave her living quarters 5 minutes before class starts as those last few minutes of sleep are crucial. ;)

has anyone been recently accepted from the feb 16 interview and not been able to make the deposit yet?

anyone have a problem paying the deposit that were recently accepted. Everytime i click agree to the terms it just takes me straight into the checklist thing?

for those who just got accepted, when did you interview? congrats btw!

This thread is for those on the MWU GLENDALE ALTERNATE LIST. Is anyone who just interviewed this month or earlier on th alternate list? I interviwed Feb 9 and got alternate list letter yesterday.

I just got my denial letter in the mail yesterday :mad:. It was my second time interviewing and i was wait listed last year. I have a 3.4 science GPA according to pharmcas, 75 composite, 96 chemistry on my pcat. i have three years of pharmacy tech experience and just recently began volunteering at a hospital. I am also a member of my schools pre-pharmacy club and all my pre-reqs are completed. Can someone tell me whats wrong?

hmmm i don't know...seems like you have damn good stats and experience to me...and much better stats than me. i got accepted from the feb interviews and i have a 3.2 gpa, 62 PCAT composite, about 1 year pharmacy tech experience, no volunteer experience, and not really any extra curricular involvement...so i don't know what is the problem. only thing i can think of is that it may have been your interview. I interview pretty well so that definately helped me out..

i'm pretty sure it was your interview also. How did you think you did during the interview? Were you rehearsed? Were your answers not unique? Were you confident and talked alot ? Ask yourself these questions and improve your interview for next year. Good luck.

I have similar stats. 82 composite & 69 chemistry pcat. 3.4 science GPA.
1 year volunteer at a pharmacy. Superior extracurricular and leadership experience--student government and small business owner. I destroyed the interview. My other group members sounded dumb. I countered every single thing that they said by offering a well researched answer. Let me add this. I am an information freak. It doesn't matter how well you speak. I kept saying um um during the interview. I even paused for like 10 seconds to think about the question.

I will probably turn down my acceptance because the admission office is so unhelpful. I hate frustration in my life. 3-year program is also too fast for me, but I can handle it.

Last edited:
I just got my denial letter in the mail yesterday :mad:. It was my second time interviewing and i was wait listed last year. I have a 3.4 science GPA according to pharmcas, 75 composite, 96 chemistry on my pcat. i have three years of pharmacy tech experience and just recently began volunteering at a hospital. I am also a member of my schools pre-pharmacy club and all my pre-reqs are completed. Can someone tell me whats wrong?

I'm also thinking that your interview might be bringing you down. I have a 3.2gpa and 80 composite on the pcat. I have 2 years of pharmacy tech experience and was a leader of a community service organization. I was accepted back a couple months ago. Have you practiced interviewing with anyone? If possible, try to find someone who does interviews as part of their job and that can be very helpful as they can mention what you need to improve on in your interviews. This was really helpful to me. The best of luck to you!

I have similar stats. 82 composite & 69 chemistry pcat. 3.4 science GPA.
1 year volunteer at a pharmacy. Superior extracurricular and leadership experience--student government and small business owner. I destroyed the interview. My other group members sounded dumb. I countered every single thing that they said by offering a well researched answer. Let me add this. I am an information freak. It doesn't matter how well you speak. I kept saying um um during the interview. I even paused for like 10 seconds to think about the question.

I will probably turn down my acceptance because the admission office is so unhelpful. I hate frustration in my life. 3-year program is also too fast for me, but I can handle it.

so you got accepted and still feel they don't want you?

any one having trouble putting down the deposit? For some reason i can not put down the deposit, everytime i click agree to terms, it just goes to the appliation check list... any one have this problem?

any one having trouble putting down the deposit? For some reason i can not put down the deposit, everytime i click agree to terms, it just goes to the appliation check list... any one have this problem?

I had this problem before. Just give the admissions office a call and they will transfer you to the IT department where they will fix it.

I had this problem before. Just give the admissions office a call and they will transfer you to the IT department where they will fix it.

thanks treetop02. I will call them tomorrow but i am having problems with my prereqs. i called krista today and she wanted liek proof from my school UC Irvine that i took English. But the thing is that UC Irvine does not offer an English class but rather a consecutive sequence course called Hum Core A/B/C i guess i will talk to my school and have them send them some information. Do you know who i should talk to to get this solved or is Krista is the only person?

thanks treetop02. I will call them tomorrow but i am having problems with my prereqs. i called krista today and she wanted liek proof from my school UC Irvine that i took English. But the thing is that UC Irvine does not offer an English class but rather a consecutive sequence course called Hum Core A/B/C i guess i will talk to my school and have them send them some information. Do you know who i should talk to to get this solved or is Krista is the only person?

I emailed the admissions office regarding the prerequisites that the website said I was missing. One of the admissions counselors(not Krista) did an audit of my prerequisites and emailed me back saying I had all my prerequisites done afterall. As for your case, it is different. Why do they need proof? They can just look at your list of courses sent in by PharmCAS and tell you if you met the English requirement or not. Did they need proof that the Hum Core A/B/C courses met UCI's English requirement? Did they do an audit of your prerequisites? I don't know much about the sequence courses that you are talking about. You should call them up or have UCI send them proof that the Hum Core A/B/C meets the English requirement. Anyways, try to resolve this as soon as possible. It would suck if you find out you didn't meet the English requirement. Anyways, good luck.

I emailed the admissions office regarding the prerequisites that the website said I was missing. One of the admissions counselors(not Krista) did an audit of my prerequisites and emailed me back saying I had all my prerequisites done afterall. As for your case, it is different. Why do they need proof? They can just look at your list of courses sent in by PharmCAS and tell you if you met the English requirement or not. Did they need proof that the Hum Core A/B/C courses met UCI's English requirement? Did they do an audit of your prerequisites? I don't know much about the sequence courses that you are talking about. You should call them up or have UCI send them proof that the Hum Core A/B/C meets the English requirement. Anyways, try to resolve this as soon as possible. It would suck if you find out you didn't meet the English requirement. Anyways, good luck.

i dont know i have written proof from UCI's humanities department that this indeed does fulfill the requirements and i sent it to krista but she hasnt said anythign so we will see thanks again treetop02

Yeah it probably was the interview, it didnt go as well as i wanted it to. i was so nervous and went blank for like 10 seconds on one of the questions but i did prepare for it. I read articles on current pharmacy issues, read the interview feedback threads but didnt really practice with anyone. also the two other students that interviewed had some pretty elaborate answers which made my answers look like nothing. I feel like the questions they asked had nothing to do with my capabalities of being a successful pharamcy student and pharmacist. For example they asked me ask me what was your favorite writing assignment and why? and another one was, life throws a curve ball at you, how do you think you would handle it? These questions caught me off guard and didnt really have great responses for them. The interviews an hour long and they only have like 20 minutes to get to know each student and they wasted that time on these questions. Im really unimpressed with midwestern and feel like ive been cheated out of another year of pharmacy school.

My science GPA is similar, but my overall is 3.35. My PCAT was lower than yours (70, due to 33% reading comp, 56% math, 78% verbal and bio, and 82% chemistry). I did, however, have experiences in 4-5 different specialties in pharmacy and a published paper, and I think that really helped me in the end.

It had to have been your interview, coupled with the fact that you interviewed a little late in the game. I believe there is one more date in March left. I think this is the perfect example as to why people with better stats often get shafted if they interviewed late. I think you still have a chance, and keep your head high! :luck:

Yeah it probably was the interview, it didnt go as well as i wanted it to. i was so nervous and went blank for like 10 seconds on one of the questions but i did prepare for it. I read articles on current pharmacy issues, read the interview feedback threads but didnt really practice with anyone. also the two other students that interviewed had some pretty elaborate answers which made my answers look like nothing. I feel like the questions they asked had nothing to do with my capabalities of being a successful pharamcy student and pharmacist. For example they asked me ask me what was your favorite writing assignment and why? and another one was, life throws a curve ball at you, how do you think you would handle it? These questions caught me off guard and didnt really have great responses for them. The interviews an hour long and they only have like 20 minutes to get to know each student and they wasted that time on these questions. Im really unimpressed with midwestern and feel like ive been cheated out of another year of pharmacy school.
Having gone through the same interview process, I would imagine that hearing others' answers would have helped me refine my own answer. You were lucky as I only had one other student with me and it felt like a tennis match. I think (and i've been told by adcoms) that its perfectly ok to think over your answer. Plus, I think it depends on who interviews you because one professor might percieve things differently over another. I remember looking to the corner and seeing the woman write more notes about the other student, and she barely touched the paper when it was my turn to speak.

Last edited:

I am a re-applicant and one of the things I did differently than last year was listened over and over again to recordings of interviews, debates, and speeches. I went onto youtube and searched for interviews, speeches, and debates. I then used a sound recorder program to record these into an mp3's. Then I downloaded them onto my Ipod. During my free time or rest time, I listen to these interviews, debates, or speeches over and over again. Listening to these helped me alot because it help me keep my pace when answering questions. It helped me learn how to give answers and how to give them without sounding rehearsed. It's one thing knowing the answers but how to give them is another thing. You can learn a lot from great communicators, just listening to their speeches or interviews.

I felt the same way as you when I was rejected last year also. But you can't really blame anyone else for it. Sometimes you will get mean interviewers who will ask you all the questions you don't like and sometimes you will get the interviewers who will ask all the questions you like. Last year, I thought my interviewers were mean and asked me all the wrong questions. This year, I felt the complete opposite. But it's not just coming up with the right answers, it's how you say it and how you are able to elaborate on your answers and make sense of it.

I had a similar question about writing at my Downers Grove interview. It was, "What was your most memorable writing assignment and why?" I think they ask these questions that can totally catch you off guard in order to gauge how you deal in a stressful situation and just to see the real you, because how would you ever prepare and know they were going to ask you that question? Another thing is that pausing to think about your answer for a question is perfectly fine. I did that in my interview at Glendale. But I made sure to ask, "Is it fine for me to take a second and think about my answer?" just to let them know I needed some time. As for feeling that you have been cheated out of another year of pharmacy school, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything works out for you, but one thing I believe is that everything happens for a reason so try to learn from the past and improve yourself for the future!:)

anyone that is accepted for class of 2012 that is still finishing up undergrad work? i Have a dilemna... my spring quarter does not end until june 5 with finals the week after and i understand that the first week of classes start on June 8... i need some advice.. what should i do?

Email the dean with your situation. He said at our interview anyone with that predicament should send him an email.

You were denied? not waitlisted this year?

It looks like March 6th is the last interview date...

Anyone from the Feb 19 interview hear anything yet?

people say that the interview takes about 40mins.

Does this mean that each individual gets 40mins or a group gets 40mins?

I have an interview on 3/6 (this FRIDAY!!). Congrats to those who have been accepted already!

Wow, admissions is very slow on rolling out the acceptance letters! It's been two months, I've paid my deposit and finished FAFSA... still haven't received the letter in the mail!

Admissions office confirmed my acceptance but I just think it would be nice to have something in writing. Anyone else from the January interviews in the same boat?

Although I have been on previous interviews, I am getting nervous about tomorrows interview! It is my top choice and was hoping that people would share some insight from their interview experiences! What have been some of the best answers to the questions that you have heard? I have asked some pharmacists that have sat on interview panels and they said they don't want to hear your life story when asked why pharmacy? What would you suggest?

The Adcom weren't going to meet until after the last matricuation deposit deadline had past in order to see how many open seats there would be. The deadline was the 20th, so they should have meet last Friday! Hope that helps!