Midwestern - Post Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS19841984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I interviewed at midwestern a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know if midwestern is one of those schools who likes calls/emails to check on status/show interest in program. I have no idea how this works. Would that annoy the admissions staff or do they want us to do this?

I really loved the school, so any tips would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

do it! call with any kind of question or update you may have spaced out between a couple weeks not to get annoying. but definately keep in contact! good luck!

Does anyone know when we should hear? I interviewed a couple weeks ago too and am waiting patiently. Want to cancel other interview if possible :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a phone message.. I am in:)

really? wow..congrats!! :thumbup:
Are you a waitlister or post dec interviewee(when was your interview?)?
They haven't had the meeting until friday. They must have done it over the weekend or this morning...

but then..man..it's not looking good to me :( :xf:

They called me today in the morning, a couple of hours ago. I interviewed on Jan 21st

They called me today in the morning, a couple of hours ago. I interviewed on Jan 21st

PMed you
wow..it only took a week for you to get the acceptance from MWU..

wow,

I interviewed on the 14th and havent heard anything. My soon to be fiance is their now, so it would be really nice to get in.

Why do you think you heard back so fast?

They told me my interview was the longest..over 1 hour..they must have liked me

They told me my interview was the longest..over 1 hour..they must have liked me

Hey congrads!! I'm a first year student here and I love it! Its a great school, no joke. We just have to show the world what we can do on these boards, then maybe people will stop talking bad about our school

Members don't see this ad :)
well hang in there guys i think i'll be giving up my spot this week so there should be atleast one more spot opening up.....as much I hate turning down my hometown school.

I called Dee in admissions today. I interviewed on Jan. 7th. She told mr that no decision has been made on my application yet. She said that it is probably because the dean has been out of town.

I called Dee in admissions today. I interviewed on Jan. 7th. She told mr that no decision has been made on my application yet. She said that it is probably because the dean has been out of town.

same here. I didn't ask how long he's gonna be out of town.. do you know?

I called yesterday, interviewed on Jan 13th. They said that there had been no decisions made for my group (I don't know if it's that day or that week).

Hey Oracle DMD. You seem to know a lot about what is goin gon over at MWU. I think (from your pic sorta) you were there in the morning before our interviews the day I had mine.

Do you know if there is any way to make yourself stand out? I sent a thank you letter to my interviewers (via admissil@midwestern) since they don't have their e-mails listed on their page, not sure if they ever got them. The admissions office suggested for me to do it that way. Or am I just being impatient?

:confused:

yo! you'll be fine. i'd call once a month or so to stay in touch and write my interviewers for sure. before anyone asks i dont give out faculty contact info. you'd need to call admissions. i would hold off on all calls till monday morning or tuesday because heather kim is out till then and she's got meetings all afternoon. (i tried to get a hold of her today and found out she was out for a while) i'll try to get some more info out to you all early next week with some possible adcom decision dates etc. etc. keep your heads up! i'll try to keep y'all posted.

yo! you'll be fine. i'd call once a month or so to stay in touch and write my interviewers for sure. before anyone asks i dont give out faculty contact info. you'd need to call admissions. i would hold off on all calls till monday morning or tuesday because heather kim is out till then and she's got meetings all afternoon. (i tried to get a hold of her today and found out she was out for a while) i'll try to get some more info out to you all early next week with some possible adcom decision dates etc. etc. keep your heads up! i'll try to keep y'all posted.

You're the man!! J :thumbup:

Thanks!

Just notified the school I was declining my offer yesterday so one more spot should open up real soon for all you waitlisters. Hope one of you guys gets it, should be a great school. Gluck :thumbup:

yo! i talked with admissions and here's what's up. If you don't have a decision yet, the adcom is meeting this wednesday to make decisions. So calls and letters will be out by friday. There are currently 71 deposits for our class of 110. If you interviewed and were already notified that you are waitlisted (alternate list) then you will probly not hear anything till the end of the interview cycle which is mid-end march. there are 100 spots on the alternate (waitlist). MWU puposely does not fill up the class in order to leave available seats for spring interviews. good luck everyone!

btw, why in gods name are you up so early man? Isnt it b4 6 am there?

So if we don't hear by this Friday, does that mean bad news? :(

no way! the only bad news is being rejected. i'd call the admissions office on friday if they don't call you before then. if you at least make the waitlist "alternate list", then you still got a good shot. I was told that they expect to call up 30 or so from the alternate list.

how do they go about telling you that you are on the alternate list? do they give you a call or mail you a letter? they said that my application was still undecided and i interview a couple weeks ago in January

I got a letter telling me that I was on the alternate list, though I interviewed pre Dec 1st so I don't know how they will do it right now.

yo! i talked with admissions and here's what's up. If you don't have a decision yet, the adcom is meeting this wednesday to make decisions. So calls and letters will be out by friday. There are currently 71 deposits for our class of 110. If you interviewed and were already notified that you are waitlisted (alternate list) then you will probly not hear anything till the end of the interview cycle which is mid-end march. there are 100 spots on the alternate (waitlist). MWU puposely does not fill up the class in order to leave available seats for spring interviews. good luck everyone!

Hey J! Thanks for the update.
If I'm lucky enough to be attending MWU, I will buy you a sandwich. :)

So, it'll be this week!! Let's be patient a little more.. :xf::xf:

oracle,

You have a whole meal and the drink of your choice coming from me!

I was also put on the "alternate" list. Midwestern was the only interview I got this year :( It makes me sad...well has anyone got rejected at Midwestern this year? I think they just put everyone on the alternate list..sigh...I really like that school too...

I was also put on the "alternate" list. Midwestern was the only interview I got this year :( It makes me sad...well has anyone got rejected at Midwestern this year? I think they just put everyone on the alternate list..sigh...I really like that school too...

3000 applicants. 500 interviews. 110 seats. 100 alternate spots. you've done really well be happy! the alternate list is our waitlist and they expect 30% of our waitlist to get called up. but you most likely won't hear anything before the end of the interview cycle around march 15th. you're still in the game!

do they tell you that you are on the alternate list for post January interviews fast after the committee meets if you don't get offered a seat? I am just praying that I get accepted and not place on the alternate list because they said my file is still undecided

if you've interviewed already, they should have a decision on you by this friday. the adcom is meeting today and calls and letters should be out between today and friday. good luck guys!

3000 applicants. 500 interviews. 110 seats. 100 alternate spots. you've done really well be happy! the alternate list is our waitlist and they expect 30% of our waitlist to get called up. but you most likely won't hear anything before the end of the interview cycle around march 15th. you're still in the game!

thank you for the cheer up :) Waiting is the hardest part...

I just love this school so muchhhhhhh, i am praying hard that i can get in. D1 students are awesome. All of them are happy here. I want to be at a place where students are happy.
Good luck to all of you guys and hopefully see all of you in this Fall

I just love this school so muchhhhhhh, i am praying hard that i can get in. D1 students are awesome. All of them are happy here. I want to be at a place where students are happy.
Good luck to all of you guys and hopefully see all of you in this Fall

I hear you. I love the school, students, facilities, and staff. I also like the Phoenix area so much that my family and I are contemplating a move to the valley after the cycle is over.

Nope. :( No call yet.
Jaypea I was thinking since you said Oracle had a meal coming his way that you heard good news.

I'll be holding my breath and constantly checking my phone all day today and tomorrow! :scared:

Nope. :( No call yet.
Jaypea I was thinking since you said Oracle had a meal coming his way that you heard good news.

I'll be holding my breath and constantly checking my phone all day today and tomorrow! :scared:

The waiting is so intense!!:help:

Hey Oracle, I just interviewed yesterday with Dr. Polk. He mentioned at the end that I should be very happy about my interview. Obviously, that's a good thing, but have you or your classmates heard that before and do you think that is grounds to assume the best?? lol...(just say yes...jk) :) I sure hope so...I thought the interview went VERY well.

Hey Oracle,

Going with the last guys question, I knwo Dr. Polk is important in admissions there. Do you t hink it matters who you interview with ? I had two individuals who I don't even see on teh school's website which makes me feel like I may not have as great of a chance as if I interviewed with someone in admissions.

is this an unreasonable fear?

Hey Oracle,

Going with the last guys question, I knwo Dr. Polk is important in admissions there. Do you t hink it matters who you interview with ? I had two individuals who I don't even see on teh school's website which makes me feel like I may not have as great of a chance as if I interviewed with someone in admissions.

is this an unreasonable fear?

I can understand where your coming from. Fortunately one of my interviewers is listed on the website. But I got the same complements from my interviewers that others have heard from Dr. Polk - "you're having a good day" and "you should be happy with your performance." Yet I was placed on the waitlist, but I'm keeping my chin up.

Best of luck!

I can understand where your coming from. Fortunately one of my interviewers is listed on the website. But I got the same complements from my interviewers that others have heard from Dr. Polk - "you're having a good day" and "you should be happy with your performance." Yet I was placed on the waitlist, but I'm keeping my chin up.

Best of luck!

Yes, I got positive feedback, and my interview also went a lot over the scheduled time so I thought it was going well. I'm wondering if everyone is looked at equally or if Dr. Polk's interviewees get priority? It just seems that those who got in tend to say they had Dr. Polk.

Edit: I am not trying to take away from anyone's acceptance (you def deserve it)... but just speculating as to why it seems common that those who got accepted usually say they had great news after the interview from Dr. POlk.

Yes, I got positive feedback, and my interview also went a lot over the scheduled time so I thought it was going well. I'm wondering if everyone is looked at equally or if Dr. Polk's interviewees get priority? It just seems that those who got in tend to say they had Dr. Polk.

I didnt have Dr. Polk. Interviewed on 01/21, got accepted on 01/27

I didnt have Dr. Polk. Interviewed on 01/21, got accepted on 01/27

Do you have ridiculous stats or something? Just wondering cuz you're the only one on SDN who has heard from MWU in teh past month it seems!