Midwestern - Post Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have ridiculous stats or something? Just wondering cuz you're the only one on SDN who has heard from MWU in teh past month it seems!

not at all. my stats are somewhat average. I am pretty sure that more people heard..on 21st, MWU had 61 deposits...someone on SDN confirmed 71 deposits as of yesterday

Members don't see this ad.

not at all. my stats are somewhat average. I am pretty sure that more people heard..on 21st, MWU had 61 deposits...someone on SDN confirmed recently 71 deposits as of yesterday
Well in that case congrats on being a great interviewee!!

Great job and congratulations! I'll just keep praying I'm there with you this fall. My stats were pretty average as well, but I feel I nailed the interview. Are you waiting on another school, or is MU your first pick?

Members don't see this ad :)
Great job and congratulations! I'll just keep praying I'm there with you this fall. My stats were pretty average as well, but I feel I nailed the interview. Are you waiting on another school, or is MU your first pick?

thank you, AZDent. When did you interview?
"Are you waiting on another school, or is MU your first pick?" - have no outstanding interviews at other schools...will most likely be going to MWU:D

Hey Oracle, I just interviewed yesterday with Dr. Polk. He mentioned at the end that I should be very happy about my interview. Obviously, that's a good thing, but have you or your classmates heard that before and do you think that is grounds to assume the best?? lol...(just say yes...jk) :) I sure hope so...I thought the interview went VERY well.

oh no oh no!!! Dr. Polk did not say anything to me, he seems not interested in me. So sadddddddddd

Hey Oracle, I just interviewed yesterday with Dr. Polk. He mentioned at the end that I should be very happy about my interview. Obviously, that's a good thing, but have you or your classmates heard that before and do you think that is grounds to assume the best?? lol...(just say yes...jk) :) I sure hope so...I thought the interview went VERY well.

Hey I dont want to get your hopes up but he did pretty much the same thing to me during my interview and he wasn't even one of my interviewers and I got in. I think you have a good shot. Best of luck to you .

I interviewed yesterday and will only get more antsy as hours pass...MU has always been my first pick. Loved it from the first visit. No other offers at the moment.

if he said that, it can only be a good thing, but not a sure thing. take it at face value. make sure and call tomorrow to find out what the results of the adcom meeting was for your file! hopefully its good news!

Hey Oracle,

Going with the last guys question, I knwo Dr. Polk is important in admissions there. Do you t hink it matters who you interview with ? I had two individuals who I don't even see on teh school's website which makes me feel like I may not have as great of a chance as if I interviewed with someone in admissions.

is this an unreasonable fear?

you're definately looking too much into it. all of the interviewers are on the same admissions committee and everyone has a vote. they'll pull up a file, read their notes on your interview, discuss your file (personal statement, your story, numbers, etc.), and take a vote. everyone has a vote and the only trump vote (if there really is one) would be Dr. Simonsen. relax and make sure to keep in contact w/ the school to keep your name/ file in circulation! haha you'll be fine i'm sure. think about your statistical chance of getting in; 3000 apps down to 500 interviews for 110 spots and 100 alternate. they said they're looking to take 30% of the alternates so thats 140 or so offers of admission. worst case scenario you're at least a 30% chance of getting in if you just get an interview. if you feel like you killed the interview and have been checking back in w/ them from time to time it gets even better. it'll happen! hang in there guys.

anyone hear anything yet? i called yesterday and they said they had not made any decisions yet for my interview group (jan 14th)

anyone hear anything yet? i called yesterday and they said they had not made any decisions yet for my interview group (jan 14th)

I interviewed that SAME day! This waiting is driving me crazy...especially since they told us we would all know something by the end of that week! Let's hope for some news today...

I interviewed that SAME day! This waiting is driving me crazy...especially since they told us we would all know something by the end of that week! Let's hope for some news today...
I was told that I'd hear something starting Jan 20th and have no word as of today. May be they forgot to tell you the starting date?

I was told that I'd hear something starting Jan 20th and have no word as of today. May be they forgot to tell you the starting date?

That could be! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

My friend just called admissions 10 minutes ago and they told her she's waitlisted. She interviewed mid-January. Give them a call and see what happens...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called admissions, and I am also waitlisted.

called - waitlisted :confused:

Last edited:
I called. THe lady on teh phone got right to it.
She told me I was an alternate. :(

Does anyone actually get rejected. IF there are only 100 ppl on alternate for MWU then how is it possible that everyone is getting waitlisted? seems odd!

BOOO...:(

I called. THe lady on teh phone got right to it.
She told me I was an alternate. :(

Does anyone actually get rejected. IF there are only 100 ppl on alternate for MWU then how is it possible that everyone is getting waitlisted? seems odd!

BOOO...:(

Just called....I'm an alternate too :(

Those that got waitlisted when did you interview?

jan 14th i think... tuesday. It's weird they made us all feel like we would at least hear an answer in a week or two, it took pretty long to hear back, and now its a waitlist. BOOO!!:(

waitlisted.

Strange, was everyone waitlisted?

Maybe Quattro can clear this up?

alternate.
btw, alternate=waitlist?

I interviewed on January 7th. I called and the lady told me that they have not yet reached a decision on my application. STILL waiting.

I interviewed on January 7th. I called and the lady told me that they have not yet reached a decision on my application. STILL waiting.

Yup same message, Are we gonna all be hearing back today? Or is this gonna be going on for awhile.

maybe no decision is a good ting... maybe they are narrowing them downd

alternate.
btw, alternate=waitlist?

No when I called her, she wanted to clarify the alternate from waitlist.

Waitlist: who hasn't done interview yet
Alternate: who has done it

but i thought that not everyone that interviews is put on their 'waitlist'?

Im an alternate too, sweet.

i would really like to know, fi anyone knows, diff between waitlist and alternate. Is EVERYONE an alternate that interviews and doesn't get in? 400 alternates. Sounds ridic. But no one has been rejected that I know of after an interview.....

So does that mean that everyone who said they got 'waitlisted' is actually on the alternate list and not the waitlist? :confused:

I think I'm going to resist calling. I should just leave it to them and start planning for next year. I interviewed early Jan. It's hard to not think about it.

Is it just unorganized? Or have they not let anyone in lately...

I called and they told me no decision on my file yet I had an interview feb 4th. they told us we would hear soon by today well i think all we need is to cross our fingers and hope to get in good luck everybody!

i am kinda making plans for next year already. It is kinda sad though but you have to move on and to improve yourself as a better applicants for the next cycle.
But good luck to anyone. We all deserved it but it is just so damn competitive haha

I called and they told me no decision on my file yet I had an interview feb 4th. they told us we would hear soon by today well i think all we need is to cross our fingers and hope to get in good luck everybody!

I also called about 15 minutes ago and no decision on my file. I interviewed Jan. 06. The lady told me I should hear in a few weeks...:sleep:

But those that got on the alternate list, don't feel so down, you're basically accepted!

I also called about 15 minutes ago and no decision on my file. I interviewed Jan. 06. The lady told me I should hear in a few weeks...:sleep:

But those that got on the alternate list, don't feel so down, you're basically accepted![/quote]
:confused:where do you get that logic from? haha

:confused:where do you get that logic from? haha

Alternate list means you're accepted but there is not a seat for you. The school waits for deposits and finally, any empty seats will be filled up by the alternate list.

Alternate list means you're accepted but there is not a seat for you. The school waits for deposits and finally, any empty seats will be filled up by the alternate list.

Good to know Phungy. You made me feel a little better. :)

there are only 100 alternate "waitlist" spots. before today there were only 30-40 alternate spots so if they liked you at the interview but were not ready to accept you, you made the alternate list. there are 40 seats still available so don't sweat. those spots were held for spring interviews. being on the alternate list is a good thing. it seems like the adcoms sat down and made a "NO LIST" instead of a yes list. i know of quite a few applicants that were rejected this week, but are probly not posting it around the internet. at the end of the interview cycle (march 15-ish) there will be A LOT of movement so hang in there!

there are only 100 alternate "waitlist" spots. before today there were only 30-40 alternate spots so if they liked you at the interview but were not ready to accept you, you made the alternate list. there are 40 seats still available so don't sweat. those spots were held for spring interviews. being on the alternate list is a good thing. it seems like the adcoms sat down and made a "NO LIST" instead of a yes list. i know of quite a few applicants that were rejected this week, but are probly not posting it around the internet. at the end of the interview cycle (march 15-ish) there will be A LOT of movement so hang in there!

What would we do w/out you Oracle! Thanks for all the support.

What would we do w/out you Oracle! Thanks for all the support.
Yes, what would we do without Oracle! You're my hero!..... I'll play you ping pong after the test on Monday. Bring your A game, I'll be ready.

Thanks Oracle for all the information!

So it seems that maybe it ISNT an advantage that a decision hasn't been made yet. :scared: It's ok. My fingers are still crossed...

I sure hope that you are correct oracle, but I interviewed in pre december and was waitlisted in Dec. I talked to admissions and was told that there were around 80 -100 alternate at that time. I was also told that last year 200 were put on the alternate list and that they expected a similar number of students to be put on the alternate list this year. So I would be really interested to know if there really are only going to be 100 on the alternate list in total. I would like to think that there were no more than 30- 40 originally on the alternate list though (pre december), but I really don't think that am among only a few already alternate listed. Anyways hopefully you are right oracle I am just passing on what I have heard from admission, but I have also heard that sometimes they do not always convey the correct information.

Last edited:
I would be very interested to know the truth of this. Anyone else heard and numbers thrown around?

i talked to admissions on wednesday and they said that the alternate list has 100 spots. last year was way different. there were 1000 more applications this year hitting about 3000 total apps so they tightened the reins a bit. i will get exact info on how many alternates we have out of 100 spots on monday and put this to rest. till then...gotta study! haha