Midwestern - Post Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks!!! Can't wait to meet you all in August!
any other people fresh off the waitlist???

nope but still waiting :( i think i'm gonna shave my head if i get in, haha

Members don't see this ad.

nope but still waiting :( i think i'm gonna shave my head if i get in, haha

keep your head up and don't lose hope! it'll happen... I'll be looking for the bald guy (or girl) at orientation just to say I TOLD YOU SO! :)

I am wondering if anyone has got in recently the last week or so. I am still hoping for the call. Good luck everyone, and hopefully there are still some spots that open for those us on student doctor really hoping to go to MWU. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard of anyone getting an acceptance in the last week. I checked predents and I did not see any new names. Oracle would be the one to ask. Keep your head up, some people from the last class got acceptances in the Summer. I hope to see you there.

not much new here, all deposits are in but there will likey be some movement throught the summer with a couple spots. but you only need one! good luck everybody!

not much new here, all deposits are in but there will likey be some movement throught the summer with a couple spots. but you only need one! good luck everybody!

as always you are great help oracle. My birthday is coming up early June and wouldn't it be the BEST birthday present to get a phone call on that day? I'm a dreamer

as always you are great help oracle. My birthday is coming up early June and wouldn't it be the BEST birthday present to get a phone call on that day? I'm a dreamer

that would be awesome! haha this week 1 deposit left and 1 got accepted so the situation is as fluid as always. keep the updates coming into admissions and i'll keep the updates coming out of admissions!

I got called yesterday, but I had to turn it down. MWU was my first choice, but I got off a different waitlist about a month ago. So it is still moving!

I got called yesterday, but I had to turn it down. MWU was my first choice, but I got off a different waitlist about a month ago. So it is still moving!

So you turned down your first choice so that you could keep your deposit?

So you turned down your first choice so that you could keep your deposit?

Deposit (1K) + first tuition payment (~14K) + signed 12-month apartment lease. I liked MWU, but not that much.

I got the phone call two weeks ago from Dr. Polk, and was told later that 3 were accepted the same day as me. I had almost given up hope. Don't give up, I finally got in after 9 years of university, 5 DATs (3 Canadian and 2 American), and multiple application cycles. I am sure that a few more spots will open. Good luck I hope that those of you waitlisted get in, but if not don't give up. Anything is possible for those who are persistant, and pray often.

Thanks Oracle for the support on this thread I look forward to meeting you soon.

I got the phone call two weeks ago from Dr. Polk, and was told later that 3 were accepted the same day as me. I had almost given up hope. Don't give up, I finally got in after 9 years of university, 5 DATs (3 Canadian and 2 American), and multiple application cycles. I am sure that a few more spots will open. Good luck I hope that those of you waitlisted get in, but if not don't give up. Anything is possible for those who are persistant, and pray often.

Thanks Oracle for the support on this thread I look forward to meeting you soon.

hahaha very nice! congrats bro! by the sound of it you really wanted this and finally got what you deserved. looking forward to meeting you in the fall!

hahaha very nice! congrats bro! by the sound of it you really wanted this and finally got what you deserved. looking forward to meeting you in the fall!

Any news/updates for this year's class Oracle?

Any news/updates for this year's class Oracle?

sorry, not yet. i hear from the dean that we're getting more applicants than ever before, and the quality of students is amazing. our clinic is a big hit. we have a private practice model that is allowing us to get a lot of procedures under our belt. the dean (former dean of tennessee) said we did more procedures from july-dec then tennessee got done during the entire year. we have a ton of patients, who have really been great to us and continue to give us lots of referrals.

Anyone interviewed at MWU-AZ in last three weeks??? Any news acceptance or otherwise??Thanks for reply!

Anyone interviewed at MWU-AZ in last three weeks??? Any news acceptance or otherwise??Thanks for reply!

So apparently acceptance invites are given out for all 110 seats, and about 70 deposits are received. There are also 177 people on the alternate list so far.

So apparently acceptance invites are given out for all 110 seats, and about 70 deposits are received. There are also 177 people on the alternate list so far.

Some people have multiple deposits down, so some of those spots will end up opening. I made a deposit at MWU, but then got accepted to another school shortly after the I had deposited at MWU, so I'll be calling MWU to give up my spot. Hope that helps someone out!

Does anyone know if Comparative Chordates Anatomy class with lab qualify for anatomy requirement for MW???
Thanks for reply!