Midwestern - Post Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That spot will stay open since I have not and will not submit my deposit there. I hope one of you SDNers gets it! I sent the letter of withdrawal or whatever this morning.

have you been following up with mwu since your interview?? I kinda stopped doing it after I emailed the admissions office and dr. Simonsen in Jan bc noone emailed me back.. This can't be the why I haven't got accepted, right..? I thought I had pretty good chance at mwu, but o well... There's gonnabe a big wave in May, so guys Hang in there!!

Members don't see this ad.

have you been following up with mwu since your interview?? I kinda stopped doing it after I emailed the admissions office and dr. Simonsen in Jan bc noone emailed me back.. This can't be the why I haven't got accepted, right..? I thought I had pretty good chance at mwu, but o well... There's gonnabe a big wave in May, so guys Hang in there!!

Yes, I did even when I didnt' get a response. I sent Dean Simonsen a thank you email--to which I got no response. I sent a continuing statement of interest to Dr. Polk after being waitlisted--to which I got no resopnse> I sent an application update with a big week of volunteering I did over spring break in NOLA-- with no response. I also sent thank you letters to my interviewers right after the interview.

I mostly just mentioned that I loved the school when i visisted, was very impressed and had a great deal of respect for hte program even though it had just started. The only reason I really turned htem down was location was too far from my family (and they sortof need me around these days).... and maybe subconsciously that the clinic wasn't up yet affected my decision.

Good luck!

I just got a call today from Midwestern offering me a spot, I told them I was declining since I'm going to Temple.

I interviewed there way back on sept 09. So someone else should be getting a call soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from Midwestern in this morning and I interviewed...on......Jan 13.. I think... The alternate list is finally moving! Good luck everybody :luck:

I got a call from Midwestern in this morning and I interviewed...on......Jan 13.. I think... The alternate list is finally moving! Good luck everybody :luck:

Congrats will you be attending? Glad there is movement going on. Interesting that the last three acceptances have been female (I'm assuming on Trixie). There was rumor on this thread earlier that they were male saturated so looks like they are evening it out. Good luck to everybody still waiting including me! :D

congrats!!!! make sure you get on the facebook group for the class of 2013! very exciting. this is the first of many guys so hang in there!!!

Congrats will you be attending? Glad there is movement going on. Interesting that the last three acceptances have been female (I'm assuming on Trixie). There was rumor on this thread earlier that they were male saturated so looks like they are evening it out. Good luck to everybody still waiting including me! :D

I am not sure because I haven't taken anantomy class yet and I don't think I will have time to take it in the summer. So I am not sure that they will still accept me even though I did not complete prerequisite class..... :-( I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed to ask them asap! They only gave me a week to make a deposit:(

Good luck to you ! :) (you might take my spot if they do not accept me ;) )

I am not sure because I haven't taken anantomy class yet and I don't think I will have time to take it in the summer. So I am not sure that they will still accept me even though I did not complete prerequisite class..... :-( I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed to ask them asap! They only gave me a week to make a deposit:(

if you can't take anatomy they won't accept you. period. moreover i suggest that you take anatomy before you go to ANY dental school; it's probly the one class that can make your life easier!

hey guys! the list is about to move!!!

hey oracle, do you know how many people have put a deposit there are now?

if you can't take anatomy they won't accept you. period. moreover i suggest that you take anatomy before you go to ANY dental school; it's probly the one class that can make your life easier!

hey guys! the list is about to move!!!

Yeah you were right! I called them and they told me that you gotta take all prereq classes before entering the school :(. So...I guess .......................................one spot's open! Good luck :thumbup:

I noticed that too. How about taking 3-4 guys to even it out?

Members don't see this ad :)
finally some movement! i hope i do get the call, one of the few times i wish i was a girl! haha jk jk

Another seat just opened up.

I would have relinquished mine earlier, but computer access has been limited over the past few weeks.

Good luck to everyone.

Can I ask where you are going instead?

Another seat just opened up.

I would have relinquished mine earlier, but computer access has been limited over the past few weeks.

Good luck to everyone.

ahhh too bad. but congrats on getting in where you wanted austin! from what i i can figure about you i bet that you thought about it ad ad nausem! haha good luck on your 1st year bro!

ahhh too bad. but congrats on getting in where you wanted austin! from what i i can figure about you i bet that you thought about it ad ad nausem! haha good luck on your 1st year bro!
Oracle, why are you up ever so early?

Oracle, why are you up ever so early?

haha i go to bed early and get up and go lift before school....or sometimes just mess around on the computer if i can't get motivated. i haven't woken up via alarm clock in a year or so. i get my 8 hours daily son! haha

haha i go to bed early and get up and go lift before school....or sometimes just mess around on the computer if i can't get motivated. i haven't woken up via alarm clock in a year or so. i get my 8 hours daily son! haha

So, father, you post at 5:25 AM, that means you crash by 9:30, at least? Now that's motivation. I could never go to sleep when it's light out

Does anyone know if Midwestern is accepted anymore guys? The wait is driving me crazy. Seems like everyone in my family is getting into professional school but me... :(

Its always a good thing to try to stay positive, but reality is that they accepted way more guys than girls currently. So until it evens out to some point, for the time being, if you are a guy, it might be a while.

To all the guys keep your heads up I just got the call, Im going to Midwestern!!!! OracleDMD, Thanks for all your posts and advice it really helps! best of luck to everyone else out there!

To all the guys keep your heads up I just got the call, Im going to Midwestern!!!! OracleDMD, Thanks for all your posts and advice it really helps! best of luck to everyone else out there!

congratz, man!!!
what a moment!!!! :thumbup:
when was your interview?

Thanks man! I interviewed on Feb 3 and got the call this afternoon. To everyone else stay in contact with them. I emailed, updated my application, and called them with questions, pretty much any excuse to contact them. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!!! Who was your interviewer? When you called, what did you ask?

Good luck to those who are still waiting. Many in our class received late (summer) acceptances, so there's still hope. Congratulations to those who are joining us. You're coming to an exciting school with great people, a solid curriculum, great facilities, and unbeatable weather! See you in the fall.

Is there a second deposit due at some point, or will we find out about that in August at orientation?

Is there a second deposit due at some point, or will we find out about that in August at orientation?

no there isn't a second deposit. when your loan stuff goes though the school takes out their end (minus your deposit) and you get whats left spread out over each quarter, so if you took out the max (83k or so) then expect 7k or so every 3 months.

Midwestern by phone call!!!!

congrats guy....but you need to get your attitude striaght somehow before you get here haha. make sure you get on the facebook group for your class, there's a lot of heads up info on there that might help you out. hit me up when you get on there! hell, at least you were honest (sort of) and entertaining i suppose hahahaha. it's a big day! enjoy your summer, you deserve it.

congrats guy....but you need to get your attitude striaght somehow before you get here haha. make sure you get on the facebook group for your class, there's a lot of heads up info on there that might help you out. hit me up when you get on there! hell, at least you were honest (sort of) and entertaining i suppose hahahaha. it's a big day! enjoy your summer, you deserve it.
Adcom!Please let me in! you will not regret it.

Congratulations!!! Who was your interviewer? When you called, what did you ask?

Hey sorry it took so long my computer likes to work sparatically, I interviewed with Dr. Polk and Dr. Running, interview wasnt stressfull at all they did an awesome job of making it comfortable, had a nice tour of the campus with Oracle DMD (facilities are amazing), the first thing I did was email Dean Simonsen and ask him if I could come out and participate in a charity ride he was doing, then I sent in an update with more stuff I was doing, called a few weeks after to make sure they recieved it (they didnt so I emailed it again), called back about a month later and they still didnt have the update. Also Midwestern has a simulation course Jun 12-13 that I wanted to do planning for re-app but it was during my graduation weekend so I wanted to ask if any other dates it was offered. So it was really just calling and emailing letting them know I was still interested in any way possible. I spent an hour on the phone with Midwestern that morning trying to sort everything out and I got the call that afternoon! Im still kinda on cloud 9 won't really believe it till the first day of class

Congrats man! Cant wait to meet you next year

hang in there guys! there are a lot of you on the waitlist that WILL get a spot. i know you deserve it, and for many of you it'll happen.

I hope to see all of my waitlisted friends soon along with Oracle. I can't wait for the call. I will probably drop the phone and do a couple of back flips!

Agreed. Hope to meet all of you this fall!

Oracle,
Thanks again for the encouragement that you have given to those of us on the alternate list.

Have you heard any good news lately and how is it looking for us that really want to go MWU? Are there a few more spots that are likely going to open up or is the class getting pretty full.

Good luck to all you others who like me are praying to move to Glendale soon and hopefully we will be in the class of 2009 together. :xf:

Enroll.

It's better to plan your life as if you're in then you can slide right into the groove if you do make it.

If you don't, you'll have plenty of time to get things situated. Good luck.

I was an MWU reject, btw.

Oracle,
Thanks again for the encouragement that you have given to those of us on the alternate list.

Have you heard any good news lately and how is it looking for us that really want to go MWU? Are there a few more spots that are likely going to open up or is the class getting pretty full.

Good luck to all you others who like me are praying to move to Glendale soon and hopefully we will be in the class of 2009 together. :xf:

it'll keep moving all summer but don't let time go by without keeping in contact w/ admissions! every 2 weeks or so.

I would bet a very large percentage of interviews post February were rejects.

MWU did this last year. I don't know why they invite 100-200 people after January when they already accepted a lot of people plus have 100-200 people on the waitlist from pre dec 1st. Is this a ploy to get people to come and check out MWU to spread the word about how great the school is? Or is it false hope? Or are they really looking for that perfect person out of a large group to fill in a few spots that could be easily filled with waitlisted folks.

I'm in!!!! woohooO!!! i LOVEEEE this school! :love:

thanks!!! Can't wait to meet you all in August!
any other people fresh off the waitlist???