You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern University c/o 2028
Started by mia5502
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First time OOS --have not heard anything yet.
valeriabernal
Full Member
IS applicant. I haven’t heard back yet! 🙁Haven't seen one for midwestern yet! First time OOS. Has anyone heard anything yet? I know it's rolling admissions 🙂
Jiverrelle317
LMU CVM c/o 2029 Silver
I got an email this morning that I’m on the interview waitlist.
Oh wow! When did you submit your application?I got an email this morning that I’m on the interview waitlist.
Same!I got an email this morning that I’m on the interview waitlist.
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
when did you submit?Same!
May I ask what time the email came through?I got an email this morning that I’m on the interview waitlist.
May I ask what time the email came through?Same!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jiverrelle317
LMU CVM c/o 2029 Silver
I got it early this morning 6:30amEST? I submitted middle of august so at least I’m at the top of the interview waitlist![emoji1694]
I submitted my application in May.when did you submit?
Email was delivered 0421 eastern standard time.May I ask what time the email came through?
daniella.diaz2020
Full Member
Has any one heard back for OOS interview?
not yet....my guess would be sometime over the next 2 weeks.Has any one heard back for OOS interview?
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
OOS First Time Applicant 🙂 Submitted today! Good luck everyone!
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
I haven't gotten an email yet, but I checked the portal and I have an interview invite!! OOS applicant and I submitted my app August 22!
May I ask when you have the interview?I haven't gotten an email yet, but I checked the portal and I have an interview invite!! OOS applicant and I submitted my app August 22!
May I ask when you have the interview?Check your portals!! OOS intevriew!!
I scheduled mine for sept 20th but there was a few optionsMay I ask when you have the interview?
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
They gave me two virtual options and two in-person options. I chose the in-person option on Sept 28thMay I ask when you have the interview?
daniella.diaz2020
Full Member
OOS waitlisted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May I bother you for the other dates?They gave me two virtual options and two in-person options. I chose the in-person option on Sept 28th
October 3 (virtual) and 11 (in person)May I bother you for the other dates?
Virtual or in-person?I scheduled mine for sept 20th but there was a few options
VirtualVirtual or in-person?
Does anyone know what their actual interview is like? Is it a blind interview or open? How long is it? MMI? Types of questions? Personal or situational or ethical?
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
Where at in the portal is it?Check your portals!! OOS intevriew!!
When i opened my portal there was a pop up that said that I got an interview and some rules that I had to accept, then under interview scheduling i was able to scheduleWhere at in the portal is it?
online it says a 2 person pannel. someone I know got interviewed there and said its a mix of personal and situational but overall is pretty relaxed.Does anyone know what their actual interview is like? Is it a blind interview or open? How long is it? MMI? Types of questions? Personal or situational or ethical?
Did your friend give you any tips to ace it?online it says a 2 person pannel. someone I know got interviewed there and said its a mix of personal and situational but overall is pretty relaxed.
She just said be yourself! They just want to see who we are in person and how we work with/communicate w othersDid your friend give you any tips to ace it?
Does anyone know how many they interview each year?
according to the vsmar they interviewed 424 for c/o 2026 and accepted 357 with 134 students matriculatingDoes anyone know how many they interview each year?
Ok..I'm trying to figure out those numbers...does that mean 220 ish declined their seats? And so if you are granted an interview, you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting an acceptance?according to the vsmar they interviewed 424 for c/o 2026 and accepted 357 with 134 students matriculating
if you do the math its like a little higher than a 3/4 chance once given an interview (at least that cycle). These things change based on the pool and such so none of this is really a guarantee its more like a little bit of a guide. And yeah for that cycle like 220 declined likely due to getting in state seats or other schools or something but again this is vary variable based on the pool that year.Ok..I'm trying to figure out those numbers...does that mean 220 ish declined their seats? And so if you are granted an interview, you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting an acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for talking it through with me...I'm looking for scraps at this stage...So what are your thoughts about a request for an interview "in the first batch"...think it improves your chances at all?if you do the math its like a little higher than a 3/4 chance once given an interview (at least that cycle). These things change based on the pool and such so none of this is really a guarantee its more like a little bit of a guide. And yeah for that cycle like 220 declined likely due to getting in state seats or other schools or something but again this is vary variable based on the pool that year.
im going to PM you!Thanks for talking it through with me...I'm looking for scraps at this stage...So what are your thoughts about a request for an interview "in the first batch"...think it improves your chances at all?
First time OOS
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
Got an interview!
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
Does anyone know if they have a preference
on in person or virtual?
on in person or virtual?