-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern University c/o 2028
Started by mia5502
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
Congrats! It’s my second cycle too! Are you going in person or doing virtual??Interview invite email came in a 4AM today!!! Nervous and excited. (2nd cycle of apps, 1st OOS to MWU) Good luck everyone!!
Katie Helliwell
Full Member
Virtual Oct 19!Congrats! It’s my second cycle too! Are you going in person or doing virtual??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
That’s when I scheduled mine!Virtual Oct 19!
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
First time OOS! Submitted last week. Will update when anything comes through my portal!
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
Good luck!! You’ll do great!Have the interview tomorrow morning!! First time OOS applicant. Wish me luckkkk
How did everyone do with their interview today? Any tips? Is it really a full day? Types of questions?
How did you do with your interview today? Any tips? Is it really a full day? Types of questions?Have the interview tomorrow morning!! First time OOS applicant. Wish me luckkkk
How did you do with your interview today? Any tips? Is it really a full day? Types of questions?I scheduled mine for sept 20th but there was a few options
Interview wasn’t bad. Fairly relaxed. Practice questions online like general interview ones and you’ll be good! It’s not too full of a day for a good portion of it you’re waiting for your intevriew time or waiting for others to be done watch the dean do a presentation and then a student panel. Overall a very positive experience I think my favorite of the 3 I’ve done so far !
Goodluck to anyone interviewing in the next few weeks! Just be yourself I’m sure you’ll kill it 🙂
Interview wasn’t bad. Fairly relaxed. Practice questions online like general interview ones and you’ll be good! It’s not too full of a day for a good portion of it you’re waiting for your intevriew time or waiting for others to be done watch the dean do a presentation and then a student panel. Overall a very positive experience I think my favorite of the 3 I’ve done so far !
Thanks for the speedy reply.......3?Interview wasn’t bad. Fairly relaxed. Practice questions online like general interview ones and you’ll be good! It’s not too full of a day for a good portion of it you’re waiting for your intevriew time or waiting for others to be done watch the dean do a presentation and then a student panel. Overall a very positive experience I think my favorite of the 3 I’ve done so far !
Ugh I have no idea how I did on the interview today. I was in the last group to go and I got the vibe my interviewers were ready to go home by that point
Katie Helliwell
Full Member
How long was the experience? The window of 7:45-4 is soooo broad. Is the interview really a whole day event? Thank you!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Basically there’s time slots for interviews from like 8-12 you go in groups of like 5 students at a time. A lot of the time is spent waiting for the others to interview or for your turn (this was virtual so I can’t speak for in person). But you basically would just turn your camera off and wait for a lot of it. Then there’s a PowerPoint about the school the dean goes through and then a student panel to ask questions! I liked the experience overall. Good luck to everyone else interviewing in the coming weeks 🙂How long was the experience? The window of 7:45-4 is soooo broad. Is the interview really a whole day event? Thank you!!!
kittybeans19
Full Member
Where can I find the portal for status updates?
Here, I think the account setup link is on the bottom rightWhere can I find the portal for status updates?
For me there were a lot of situationals. I think the interviewees have list of questions and they just pick from them on the spot. You get 35 minutes. It was a chill interview but I don't think I did it well. :,)Thanks for the speedy reply.......3?
What makes you say that? Remember, they choose YOU! 🙂 Maybe better than you think...was this your first interview?For me there were a lot of situationals. I think the interviewees have list of questions and they just pick from them on the spot. You get 35 minutes. It was a chill interview but I don't think I did it well. :,)
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
Is anyone else going to the in person interview on Thursday?
cavsiev
Full Member
yep!Is anyone else going to the in person interview on Thursday?
That’s all mine says as well!Random question, what all is listed under everyone's Applicant Checklist? Mine just says my recommendation letters were received, wanting to make sure I'm not missing something
Okay cool, I had a moment where I was like OMG THEY'RE MISSING MY STUFF...now if I could only stop obsessively refreshing to see if I have any portal updates.That’s all mine says as well!
futuredogtor12
Full Member
Second time OOS! I interviewed last year and was waitlisted if anyone has any questions!
Does anyone who had the in-person interview have any comments on how it went? Pros or Cons? Thoughts about the process?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview wasn’t bad. Fairly relaxed. Practice questions online like general interview ones and you’ll be good! It’s not too full of a day for a good portion of it you’re waiting for your intevriew time or waiting for others to be done watch the dean do a presentation and then a student panel. Overall a very positive experience I think my favorite of the 3 I’ve done so far !
How long was the actual virtual interview?
35 minutesHow long was the actual virtual interview?
valeriabernal
Full Member
For us who interviewed on 9/28 they said they will meet on 10/5 so some ppl might hear back on 10/6! But they also said…maybe a month if they don’t get to review your application/interview by thenPeople who interview today can you let us know if they tell you when they’re going to meet to review apps if they happen to mention it🙂 they told us last Wednesday after the first in person group so I was just curious 🙂
Did anyone in this group have their virtual interview today? How do you think it went? Thoughts?
futuredogtor12
Full Member
For those who have received interview invites, how soon after applying did you hear from them?
futuredogtor12
Full Member
For us who interviewed on 9/28 they said they will meet on 10/5 so some ppl might hear back on 10/6! But they also said…maybe a month if they don’t get to review your application/interview by then
Does this mean that they won’t be sending out another round of interview invites until at least 10/5?
I submitted 8/14 and heard back like 9/6 I wanna say so like a month? Also maybe then or after the last round of interview that were an option which I think was like 10/11Does this mean that they won’t be sending out another round of interview invites until at least 10/5?
No, it was my third. Never will be "used to interviews" lolWhat makes you say that? Remember, they choose YOU! 🙂 Maybe better than you think...was this your first interview?
valeriabernal
Full Member
No 🙁 I’ve been checking my email like crazy all dayAnyone who has already interviewed heard anything yet?
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
I haven’t heard anything eitherAnyone who has already interviewed heard anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They told us at the first interview on the 20th that it could take up to 30 days but would likely be shorter since we’re so early on in the interview like time. But it’s been 3 weeks basically so I’m assuming it’ll be the 30 days I guessDid they say how long it will take?
At least I’m hoping im like pretty sure though bc it wasn’t there previously!!So I checked my portal and saw an accepted student checklist but got no email yet!! I think this means I got in so if you’re waiting maybe check your portals!
Oh, wow..congrats!!At least I’m hoping im like pretty sure though bc it wasn’t there previously!!
Last edited: