Midwestern University c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal updated as well and it looks like it wants me to put down a deposit by 4/15?!?!! This must mean accepted right???

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
That’s what I’m thinking! My friend said last year this populated in her portal and then 2 days later she got an email!!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome!! Congrats to you all!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATS y’all omg how exciting!

So I checked my portal and saw an accepted student checklist but got no email yet!! I think this means I got in so if you’re waiting maybe check your portals!
Me too!!! Congratulations everyone else as well! We did it guys!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard when the admissions committee will meet for the next round of decisions?

They aren't done making decisions yet because there are some people, me included, that still have an interview to do! So don't worry guys!!

Just to clarify - are there some people who submitted closer to the Sept 18th deadline that haven't heard a thing yet besides creating the portal? Or the thinking is if you haven't been invited for an interview yet you're likely not to at this point this cycle? Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Just to clarify - are there some people who submitted closer to the Sept 18th deadline that haven't heard a thing yet besides creating the portal? Or the thinking is if you haven't been invited for an interview yet you're likely not to at this point this cycle? Thanks!
Personally, this is incredibly early in the cycle still, based on past forums, Midwestern interviewed people into next year. I would say there are tons of waves still coming!! This was also really their first round of acceptances too so there are still a ton of spots.
In my personal situation, I submitted mid August and verified almost immediately and just heard last week I was placed on the interview waitlist. I wouldn't worry too much in your case if you haven't heard anything (personally I think you're better off than me since it seems rare to be taken off the interview waitlist!). However, it isn't over until they send official rejections and that likely won't be until next spring! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Personally, this is incredibly early in the cycle still, based on past forums, Midwestern interviewed people into next year. I would say there are tons of waves still coming!! This was also really their first round of acceptances too so there are still a ton of spots.
In my personal situation, I submitted mid August and verified almost immediately and just heard last week I was placed on the interview waitlist. I wouldn't worry too much in your case if you haven't heard anything (personally I think you're better off than me since it seems rare to be taken off the interview waitlist!). However, it isn't over until they send official rejections and that likely won't be until next spring! :)
Roger that - appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized I forgot to make an account for Midwestern University up until today! :smack:Do y'all think I'd still have a chance in the running for it still? Either way I just sent admissions an email to find out too, keep y'all updated.

Has anyone received a denial or waitlist notification from interviewing on September 20th or September 28th?

Hello! Just a heads up that my portal updated today. I had an October 3rd interview date. Super stoked to be accepted if that is the case! 🤗

• Love
What time zone is the midwestern interview. It only said Arizona time so wanted to just double check I was thinking the correct time

What time zone is the midwestern interview. It only said Arizona time so wanted to just double check I was thinking the correct time
It’s the same as pacific standard, they differ after daylight savings I think

I got sent an email today saying I'm on the interview waitlist :( Does anyone know how this works? How often do people actually get pulled off the waitlist?

just checked my portal and I can schedule an interview! Haven't gotten an email about it yet, but so far just in person ones are being offered. Checking back tomorrow but I'm highly leaning towards flying in since I do better in person!!!

Update: got the official email at 1 am PST this morning!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got invited to interview this morning! However, only two in-person slots are available, does anyone know how likely it is that more virtual dates open up?

It’s the same as pacific standard, they differ after daylight savings I think
On my interview time it said (arizona standard time) and that would be mountain standard time correct? sorry just wanted to double check!

I’m EST it said 7:45 so I logged in 10:45 and it ended up fine! I went by pacific standard since it’s matching Arizona standard rn but if it’s mountain standard then yes !
On my interview time it said (arizona standard time) and that would be mountain standard time correct? sorry just wanted to double check!

Random question, but does anyone know what aspects of the application Midwestern looks at in order to determine if you’re eligible for an interview ?

Random question, but does anyone know what aspects of the application Midwestern looks at in order to determine if you’re eligible for an interview ?
From what I understood yesterday they look at your whole application and base it from that. I don’t think it’s one specific part

first time applicant so I'm not super familiar with MWU's process ... do they send out only interview invites and interview waitlist after reviewing your application or do they also sending out denials? I got interview waitlisted this am and am not sure how to feel about it :/

Anyone else who interviewed on Thursday already anxiously waiting and checking their status.. or is it just me??:oops:

first time applicant so I'm not super familiar with MWU's process ... do they send out only interview invites and interview waitlist after reviewing your application or do they also sending out denials? I got interview waitlisted this am and am not sure how to feel about it :/
I am sure they have sent out some denials(I think I saw someone say they were on facebook), but because they're rolling admissions it's very variable what they do (alot of people just haven't even heard from them period). From looking at past years it seems like it wasn't the best thing to be on the interview waitlist (I'm also on it right now so I completely understand the feelings). I have seen posts that people have been pulled off the interview waitlist to interview so it's not completely hopeless! Right now I'm honestly taking anything but a straight up denial as a good thing.

From what they've said is every "interview" cycle they will relook at our application and see if they want to pull it for the next round of interviews. So anything is possible!

Hi everyone! I am a first time applicant in state. I am interviewing at midwestern tomorrow morning!! I am so nervous and was wondering if anyone that has already interviewed could lend some tips!! I know it is an all day thing with the interview itself being only about 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I am a first time applicant in state. I am interviewing at midwestern tomorrow morning!! I am so nervous and was wondering if anyone that has already interviewed could lend some tips!! I know it an all day thing with the interview itself being only about 30 minutes.
Just be yourself! Practice some interview questions that are basic like why Midwestern, why you want to be a vet, etc. be prepared to talk about you experiences, I personally tried to integrate them into my answers. Have some good questions to ask them :)

I got placed on the waitlist Sep 19. My portal does not show a status. Is this how it is for others?

I got placed on the waitlist Sep 19. My portal does not show a status. Is this how it is for others?
If you mean interview waitlist, yes, I got an email and nothing changed on my portal.

has anyone who applied around september 15 heard back about interviews?
I have not! I applied around then. No interview and no deferral. Most likely means they just haven't gotten to us yet. It's rolling through spring, so this is still very early. Plus, they don't always review in direct chronological order.

Hi everyone! I am a first time applicant in state. I am interviewing at midwestern tomorrow morning!! I am so nervous and was wondering if anyone that has already interviewed could lend some tips!! I know it is an all day thing with the interview itself being only about 30 minutes.
My interviewers asked me some questions on ethical/controversial topics! Think about them so you don't sweat like me!

Hey, OOS applicant here! I have a virtual interview for Nov. 1 and still haven't received an email telling me what time my interview is or to sign up for a time. I was wondering when they send that out and also if it is mandatory for us to stay for the panel after our virtual interview because I have an event to go to that evening and don't want to miss it :oops:

Last edited: