Midwestern University (Glendale, AZ) C/O 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD0422

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for MWU Pharmacy applicants for this year. Thought I would create this thread where anyone can share relevant information and ask questions.

My stats were verified by Pharmcas 8/23. Who has/is applying? Has anyone heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Haven't seen a thread for MWU Pharmacy applicants for this year. Thought I would create this thread where anyone can share relevant information and ask questions.

My stats were verified by Pharmcas 8/23. Who has/is applying? Has anyone heard back?

Applied ED. I forget what exact day everything was verified and complete but I received an interview invite the next day. Extremely stoked!

Applied ED. I forget what exact day everything was verified and complete but I received an interview invite the next day. Extremely stoked!

Just looked it up. Applied 8/9. Application was verified 8/16. Invited for interview 8/18. Cheers and good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just looked it up. Applied 8/9. Application was verified 8/16. Invited for interview 8/18. Cheers and good luck to everyone.
Congratulations on your interview! I hope it goes well. How were you notified?
MWU is waiting for my PCAT scores, which should get processed within the next few days. I hope to hear back soon.

Congratulations on your interview! I hope it goes well. How were you notified?
MWU is waiting for my PCAT scores, which should get processed within the next few days. I hope to hear back soon.

Notified via email. I took the PCAT July 18th. I think it was only 2-3 days after final scores were up and received by Midwestern. For whatever reason, all of the emails from Midwestern including application received notice and interview invite came around 2 in the morning. Hope that doesn't make you sleep uneasy haha.

May I ask what was your chemistry composite score or PR? How many time did you take the PCAT?

May I ask what was your chemistry composite score or PR? How many time did you take the PCAT?

Hello...no problem at all. 79pr for chem. Took it once. If I had to do it all over again I definitely would NOT use the Kaplan practice exams as a good indicator of the actual exam.

Notified via email. I took the PCAT July 18th. I think it was only 2-3 days after final scores were up and received by Midwestern. For whatever reason, all of the emails from Midwestern including application received notice and interview invite came around 2 in the morning. Hope that doesn't make you sleep uneasy haha.

My PCAT score was finally received yesterday, and I received an interview today. Did you have your interview already? If so, how did it go?

My PCAT score was finally received yesterday, and I received an interview today. Did you have your interview already? If so, how did it go?

Interviewed last Friday. Accepted Monday. Interview was very laid back and conversational. No need to stress as everyone there wants you to succeed. Congrats on your interview...good luck!

Interviewed last Friday. Accepted Monday. Interview was very laid back and conversational. No need to stress as everyone there wants you to succeed. Congrats on your interview...good luck!
I received an interview for 9/29, but am planning to reschedule it because I feel so unprepared. was there an essay portion? how was the interview format- faculty and students? sorry to bombard you, it's going to be my first interview and I'm really nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/22 & accepted 9/29. Good luck to everyone applying.

Reactions: 1 users
interviews 9/29 & got accepted 9/29 :)
good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes; Midwestern is my top choice for its accelerated program.
Have you heard anything about midwestern's program in terms of how doable it is to finish it in 3 years?
I would like to make sure I can handle it. Thank you!

hello, just confirming from previous threads, if your student portal changes, does that confirm an acceptance?

just curious, is there gonna be a facebook group?

Hi everyone!
I wish everyone luck on their applications and interviews!
For those that have been accepted already, I am a 2nd year pharmacy student.
I am looking for a female roommate August 2018 for the upcoming school year.
Please email me if you are interested: jtph223@gmail
Thanks!
Jeanie

Have you heard anything about midwestern's program in terms of how doable it is to finish it in 3 years?
I am a current pharmacy student in the program. The program is accelerated and meant to be finished in 3 years. It is doable. If you would like to know, 10% of the the accepted class is either placed on extended track or have left the program.

I am a current pharmacy student in the program. The program is accelerated and meant to be finished in 3 years. It is doable. If you would like to know, 10% of the the accepted class is either placed on extended track or have left the program.
In this case, do you recommend someone who got accepted into Midwestern University to start the program or to apply next year for a 4 year school?

Yes, these is a facebook page. Idk, if it has been made yet.
Do we usually wait for someone from administration to make the page, or could we make one ourselves and just start inviting relevant people?

facebook page is up!
because of SDN rules and the novelty of my account, i'm not able to post the link. Just search Midwestern CPG Class of 2021 on fb!

anyone interested in renting a two bedroom or three bedroom apartment. If yes let me know know, so we can look for apartments together.

From what I have heard , it is doable if you study hard

I have couple of friends who told me the same thing but I'm still not sure which one to go to. U of A or MWU :( Any advise???

I have couple of friends who told me the same thing but I'm still not sure which one to go to. U of A or MWU :( Any advise???
I think you should what heart ask you, but from what I heard , they say if you fail 2 class but they will put you in the extended class which last you 4 years instead of three

Do you guys think it is too late in the cycle to apply to Midwestern? The deadline has',t passed yet but I am thinking it might be too late and perhaps they accepted number of people already they planned to..

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks

Do you guys think it is too late in the cycle to apply to Midwestern? The deadline has',t passed yet but I am thinking it might be too late and perhaps they accepted number of people already they planned to..

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks
Midwestern University Glendale keeps accepting students until the first week of classes. Currently, they have accepted ~100 students so far. I think you should wait and apply for next year's cycle because you need to have enough time for the recommendation letters, transcripts, and all other application process. The application cycle will reopen in July 2018. Good Luck!