MidYear Posters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDAB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on pursuing a residency. From what I understand, presenting a poster at MidYear is a good thing to do. I am interested in doing one. However, I do not know where to start. I have two weeks left at my current rotation, so I don't think that's enough time to get a project off the ground. My next rotation is in September and I may be able to do something there, but what do I do? How do I approach my preceptor about it? I want to do this, but I have not idea where to start or what to do. I have worked at a well-known hospital throughout school and am still in contact with my pharmcy director. Could he help me? I appreciate any help.

Members don't see this ad.

E-mail your preceptor and tell them the exact same thing you said here, they've probably had a lot of students in the past to do similar projects. Get on it ASAP though, I'd give the preceptor plenty of time prepare. Just curious, what rotation are you on in Sept. for the poster? I'm doing one in Oct. in geriatrics and not really looking forward to it.

FYI, the deadline for submitting a student poster abstract to present at Midyear is October 1st!

Members don't see this ad :)
Will I have time to get it together in that amount of time? What all goes into a poster, like how do I come up with a topic? Should I suggest some to the preceptor? I don't really know the purpose of a poster or how to know what to do. Thanks.

Will I have time to get it together in that amount of time? What all goes into a poster, like how do I come up with a topic? Should I suggest some to the preceptor? I don't really know the purpose of a poster or how to know what to do. Thanks.

Most students present research, a MUE, or a case report.

So if I have an interesting disease come up on my rotation, I can write up a case report and present that at midyear? Do I have to get IRB approval, etc. for just a case report?