Military Applicants and Joint Service Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gator2010

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all my fellow veterans looking to apply, I just wanted to put out some information so that no one runs into the same issue I did. My application was just reviewed and placed on hold due to a missing JST. I have never taken any college courses through the military, so I believed that I would not even have a JST. Furthermore, the application guide only says that Warrant Officers and Enlisted personnel are eligible for a JST. As an Officer, I thought this didn't apply to me, but I was wrong. In the future, just log onto JST and see if you have a transcript before you get placed in a hold status. Just wanted to share the wisdom! Wish you all the best!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the heads up. Been out since '04 and didn't even know about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a veteran and don't even know what a JST is.

I'm a veteran and don't even know what a JST is.
Super easy to check if you do, just search Joint Service Transcript and you can create an account to check. I had no idea what it was either until I got dinked on it.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have been through boot camp and done anything in the military you have a jst (unless you’re Air Force). It isn’t just college courses. It has every course you’ve taken in the military, including your initial boot and follow-on training. The applicant guide is not clear about who has to send it in, but when I called amcas, I was told that everyone has to send it in and list 1) all courses under “military courses” and 2) any “military experiences” that were used as transfer credit at a college or university.

That many of you don’t know what your jst even is indicates a failure of your commands’ education or career counselors.

I was told by AACOMAS this cycle that they don't even accept JST transcripts anymore.

This is true. AACOMAS does not accept jst now lol. Honestly, it’s probably the smart decision. For the vast majority of applicants, the jst adds nothing and is just a bunch of stupid P/F courses you have to list for no reason.

Lol, my leadership was a failure.

Understatement of the century. So many suicides in my unit, and near fragging downrange. Id say..

This is true. AACOMAS does not accept jst now lol. Honestly, it’s probably the smart decision. For the vast majority of applicants, the jst adds nothing and is just a bunch of stupid P/F courses you have to list for no reason.

I wish my training was on my JST instead of in transcript form. Like most things in the military, no good deed goes unpunished.

I wish my training was on my JST instead of in transcript form. Like most things in the military, no good deed goes unpunished.

Huh? How is your training not on your JST? Under military courses, it should have all your courses from boot camp to whatever the last military school you went to. That's how it works for the Navy, and every Army JST I've seen was like that.

Well that was quick and easy. Don't really have much of anything on mine though
image2.JPG

Well that was quick and easy. Don't really have much of anything on mine though View attachment 237107
Yeah that’s really all that’s going to be on it unless you were like a nuke or something with 2 years of training lol. Mine had three pages of military courses, but that’s just because I went to a lot of follow on training for collaterals and some C schools.

I don't understand why a med school would give a damn about it. My dd214 has far more on it.

Huh? How is your training not on your JST? Under military courses, it should have all your courses from boot camp to whatever the last military school you went to. That's how it works for the Navy, and every Army JST I've seen was like that.

Because my school was 52 weeks long and the Army worked a deal with GWU to provide college credit for the soldiers who completed it. Technically, it is listed there, but it is listed at 0 SH. I guess my point is, unlike every other job I could have done, mine ended up ruining my GPA despite graduating with distinction from the army's longest and most selective (at least at the time) initial entry training school.

Because my school was 52 weeks long and the Army worked a deal with GWU to provide college credit for the soldiers who completed it. Technically, it is listed there, but it is listed at 0 SH. I guess my point is, unlike every other job I could have done, mine ended up ruining my GPA despite graduating with distinction from the army's longest and most selective (at least at the time) initial entry training school.

Ah got it. But yeah, it’s still there. It’s dumb that they require it.

Reactions: 1 user
To all my fellow veterans looking to apply, I just wanted to put out some information so that no one runs into the same issue I did. My application was just reviewed and placed on hold due to a missing JST. I have never taken any college courses through the military, so I believed that I would not even have a JST. Furthermore, the application guide only says that Warrant Officers and Enlisted personnel are eligible for a JST. As an Officer, I thought this didn't apply to me, but I was wrong. In the future, just log onto JST and see if you have a transcript before you get placed in a hold status. Just wanted to share the wisdom! Wish you all the best!

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. Same thing just happened to me today. I have no idea what could be on my JST. The date range that AMCAS says are on my JST are the dates I was in college/Army ROTC. It didn’t even overlap my decade+ of service. So strange.