Military Discounts for HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brephos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see threads regarding HPSP reimbursement onbig stuff like Loupes and Cameras (SMILE). But how about the small stuff? We are IRR (Inactive Ready Reserve) so many businesses offer discounts to the military. In fact I just got my first military discount at a candy shop - and they required no photo ID or paperwork, but many businesses will. The candy shop owner asked me if I was military and I said, "Well, I just commissioned with the Navy and I was IRR." He said, "Well, that's great and gave me a discount." With that said - now I'm wondering, each business will have it's own guidelines for who it will and will not offer a discount to ... but I think many will require some form of military proof - like an ID. I commissioned June 1 with the Navy - and received a pile of paperwork to take home with me - but nothing that would easily or readily identify me as IRR or fit in my wallet.
One business that offers big military discounts is T-Mobile. Just wondering how or if any of you other HPSP'ers in any branch of service are getting military discounts and how you identify yourself to the satisfaction of a business that you are genuinely in the military. At some point do we get some sort of identification that could fit in a wallet? Thanks for any replies.

Members don't see this ad.

You can get a Common access card (CAC)

Reactions: 1 user
You should have received an email with clear instructions about getting an ID. Check the ascensions website.