Military Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lvoen Bgilisis

Junior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone... I'm still young in the process (going into sophomore year) and I've been very curious about going into medicine as an officer (i.e. paid med school while fulfilling a service requirement). I like the idea of serving but I'm worried about restricitons on residencies or not training me properly at military hospitals, etc. Anybody have any feedback? 🙂
 
queeneleanor77 said:
Try the military medicine forum - I'm sure they will have answers to your questions.

word. I could answer his question in excruciating detail. but theres a time and place for everything, and that place is in the military medicine forum . . . foolio.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lvoen Bgilisis said:
Hey everyone... I'm still young in the process (going into sophomore year) and I've been very curious about going into medicine as an officer (i.e. paid med school while fulfilling a service requirement). I like the idea of serving but I'm worried about restricitons on residencies or not training me properly at military hospitals, etc. Anybody have any feedback? 🙂

Yeah, the military medicine forum will be a better place to talk, but the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS or sometimes called USU) is one way to do that, or you can apply for a Health Professions Scholarship (HPSP) at any med school. HPSP might be a way to avoid the residency restrictions you sound concerned about.