Military Oral Surgery Residency Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeah not a whole lot on the military forums, check out Jawbreaker's post, he answers a lot of Army oral surgery questions. I'll help you out as much as I can. You need to do the same things as you would for a civilian residency (high rank, great CBSE, extracurriculars, etc.). With that said I would say 90% of your app is rank, CBSE, letters, interview, the extracurriculars don't matter nearly as much.

You can and should extern at military programs. I would do maybe 1 week at a good civilian program to get your feet wet then do a couple at military programs. You will need to do 3 weeks for the Army to cover your costs.

PM if you want a write up of the different programs or have any other questions.