Military recruiter and contract specials

Started by nampa1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nampa1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My recruiter said he could write it in the contract to guarantee a base. Is this for real, and if so, how does one get one?
 
I was accepted for the Air Force scholarship.

They can't guarantee you anything.

That's why I am still a civilian.
 
I served 5 years and got burnt by a recruiter with other matters so don't trust them. If you read the fine print they can manipulate the contract.

A great example of how honored contracts are is a Stop Loss. I served 3 deployments over seas and towards the end of my enlistment my Captain was upset about my departure and I had to battle to get out.

Don't trust the military they have far better lawyers. ...................................