Minnesota Dental Licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpatell

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
Hey anybody trying to get Minnesota licensure currently? Their website does not mention current experince requirements clearly, so any one has idea that how much experience they require? Any help will be appreciated... Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey 49 viewers so far and no one knows about Minnesota licensure current experience requirement? common please reply if you have any idea.....Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
drpatell said:
Hi everybody.
Hey anybody trying to get Minnesota licensure currently? Their website does not mention current experince requirements clearly, so any one has idea that how much experience they require? Any help will be appreciated... Thanks
Hello Patell.
I have no experience in applying for Minnesota licensure, however, I will share with you my personal interpretation of their requirements.

First and foremost, since they DID NOT clearly state a minimum number of years/amount of practice required, it means that they DO NOT have any minimum requirement per se. It just has to be sufficient.
Now, "sufficient" is a loose word, and will probably be left to the judgment of the board members/committee to decide upon.
ie; They may view my 5 years of practice INSUFFICIENT, while they may view someone else's 2 years of practice SUFFICIENT, depending upon several factors, which they have in fact mentioned on their website:
"1> Proof of actively practicing, clinical dentistry for a sufficient period of time based on the following criteria:
1. Duration
2. Verifiability
3. Scope of practice
4. Recency".

In other words, if someone has 2 years of "verifiable" (see # 2 below for verifiable) practice of recent relevance, it would probably be preferred over another candidate whom may have 5 or even more years of "un verifiable" practice a long time ago.

Verifiable:
"2> Notarized photocopies of documenting active, clinical practice of dentistry. Acceptable documents may include tax statements, patient billings, pay stubs or passport. If you do not have these specific documents, please submit what you do have available; the Committee will then determine if they are acceptable."

Your best shot is always at contacting them directly, and finding out that info first hand. The state boards are more than often very helpful, and would not hesitate to help you out in whichever ways possible.

I just thought I would share in with my thoughts on this.
I hope it helps.
Good luck.

Thanks Nile BDS ... I will try to contact them directly. Again thanks for reply.